Thread: HTC One X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    You cannot expect people to do something they're not comfortable with. Would you expect somebody who bought an awesome PC to partition their HDD up and install various operating systems to take advantage of every facet they can offer? Of course not. People buy awesome computers because they want power and functionality, not necessarily because they can tweak it any way they desire.
    If you want stability and battery life, why not buy an iphone? I hate iphone to the depths of hell but there's no doubting they get apps before android, are generally more stable then android apps and the battery life is generally much higher on iphone. Basically by buying an android and not rooting it your saying "I don't want functionality, speed, customization, stability and increased battery life"

And while yes, there is a risk of flashing custom ROMs, phones like HTC One X and SGS3 have so much support behind them, all problems when rooting/unlocking bootloader are fixed with tools to un-brick your device easily if things do go wrong. The failure rate on doing this now-a-days is very very low, almost as low as your SGS3 exploding *wink*
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-06-27 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    If you want stability and battery life, why not buy an iphone? I hate iphone to the depths of hell but there's no doubting they get apps before android, are generally more stable then android apps and the battery life is generally much higher on iphone. Basically by buying an android and not rooting it your saying "I don't want functionality, speed, customization, stability and increased battery life"

And while yes, there is a risk of flashing custom ROMs, phones like HTC One X and SGS3 have so much support behind them, all problems when rooting/unlocking bootloader are fixed with tools to un-brick your device easily if things do go wrong. The failure rate on doing this now-a-days is very very low, almost as low as your SGS3 exploding *wink*
    The failure rate only applies if you're ussing a shitty cable that doesnt connect properly. It happens more then you think. Especially with cheap 1$ ebay cables and anything that's been plugged into the front of the PC and mistreated due to that. I almost bricked my phone like that once, good thing it was only the ROM i was flashing and not the HSPL.
    Nowadays by the way, I think WP7 is the way to go if you want nothing to do with tweaks. Even tho it has less games it's a much more refined OS and there's actual hardware variety.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-06-27 at 08:11 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    The failure rate only applies if you're ussing a shitty cable that doesnt connect properly It happens more then you think.
    Nowadays by the way, I think WP7 is the way to go if you want nothing to do with tweaks. Even tho it has less games it's a much more refined OS and there's actual hardware variety.
    WP7 still has custom roms, just like Android does. Only real difference between WP7 and Android is the amount of support behind each. And hardware variety isn't always a good thing, means developers can't optimize applications for a certain device as many different devices use the same OS. Iphone again is the way to go if you have no interest in any of these things.

And failure rates apply to people not reading guides properly, I'm a sucker for it to by skipping steps I thought were pointless in a tutorial. "Shitty cable" has very little to do with it, I use a 99p cable i found on Ebay for almost 3 years now, never 1 problem...

WP7 still has custom roms, just like Android does. Only real difference between WP7 and Android is the amount of support behind each. And hardware variety isn't always a good thing, means developers can't optimize applications for a certain device as many different devices use the same OS. Iphone again is the way to go if you have no interest in any of these things.
    WP7 has custom roms just to avoid formalities like silverlight and being able to run .exe instead. Things like chevron, and registry tweaks. It's faults are lots, but it's what it says on the box - a phone, rather then a superphone like the S3 or ONE X.

Windows phone 7 has no fragmentation. It moves like the iPhone. THere's a new generation of device every year. The devices are bound to the same resolution and chipset, but the physical sizes can vary, the batteries can vary, the ergonomics, the sensors, everything that's not the chipset or resolution. (Although they can have higher clocks)

Devices are cheap and basically dont have "lags", and it has all of the functions, maybe not the apps the iPhone offers.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    No use arguing with an HTC fanboi. So im going to shut my mouth.
    Fanboy? I'm using Galaxy SII myself and even I can admit that HTC is way better when it comes to quality.

SII is full plastic, Sensation which is its main competitor - is full of metal... Perfectly solid and non-elastic, I can't say that about SII...

Same with new generation, S3 is another plastic powerhouse, while One X is just... solid. It's hard to say that about "fragile" device, but in comparison to S3, its quality shines. Shame, it has locked bootloader. But I guess it doesn't matter when you pack 4 Tegra cores

Technologically, S3 wins, slightly "slower" (huh) processor (1,4 Ghz in comparison to HTC's 1,5), but it's Cortex, which means you will probably be able to OC it easily in the nearest future. Also, better front camera (who cares), 64GB HDD option and a slightly bigger screen (both pro and con, bigger screens means less ppi, both screens have the same res)... But I'd probably still choose HTC, it just feels safer to use it.

When you hold S3 you have a feeling that if you drop it, your whole life will break into pieces as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say, but it seems like you're saying the processor in the US S3 is better than the one in the US One X, aren't they the same chip (1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4)?

Source: http://impactloud.com/heavyweights-b...axy-s-iii.php3
    nop .. the One S has a Snapdragon S4, the One X has a Tegra3

Edit: Meh the global One X has tegra3 , oh well, US One X has Snapdragon S4 for build in LTE , pretty much the same reason why the US S3 has a Snapdragon S4.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2012-06-27 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Dafuq did I just read.

I seriously do not know anything about rooting, customizing and all the terms you people use. Could somebody explain?

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 09:10 PM ----------

Also, is build quality of S3 really so much worse?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I seriously do not know anything about rooting, customizing and all the terms you people use. Could somebody explain?[COLOR="red"]
    Rooting is the act of gaining Super admin access on Android. Generally gives a performace increase, along with installing certain apps and been able to control certain things you normally shouldn't be able to such as CPU clockspeeds.

Customizing is due to the massive amount of custom roms out there. All different designs, have different features and almost always out-perform the stock rom that comes with your phone.

Go to xda developers and have a search, you will learn a lot

I would go with the US Galaxy S3 because of the bigger, removable battery and expandable storage, more features like the crappy S-Voice, and 2GB of RAM (1 on the HTC 1X). However, I like the IPS screen and design on the One X.

I have an iPhone 4s and can't recommend it at this time due to the crappy battery life. GS3 wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    After using my old mobile phone for 7 years, (since 2005) it was a Samsung E900 btw. I thought it was time for a new phone, a smart phone.
    So I bought the HTC One X.

Tell me is it a good phone? Is it on par with Samsung SIII? Or comparable at least?

Since I have had no smartphone I am addicted to the thing, seriously....Facebook? Games? Music? SKYPE!? How far have they come with technology....

Anyways, do other people find it a good phone too? I am told by everybody that it is epic when I tell them what phone I have. Is this with good reason? I myself find it to be amazing.

EDIT: Also it does NOT have Gorilla Glass right? Just very resistant right?

I got myself a HTC One X a month ago - and i F-ing Love it! Best android phone on the market today!

And yes it has Gorilla Glass

I didn't say anything about stability. That's a standard that's expected of all Android devices, and has been for a long time. When people are interested in phones like the SGSIII and the One X they're interested in power and functionality. The iPhone 4S is outclassed in every aspect aside from battery life, which isn't even much a problem now that phones with a quadcore processor can last more than a full day on a single charge. To say that they should be relegated to the masses of iPhone users simply because they aren't interested in the availablity of customizing the version of Android on their device is extremely short-sighted. Android devices aren't phones for the "tech-minded people" anymore. ICS proved in strides that it's incredibly user-friendly, very functional and doesn't sacrifice usability in the process.

I get it. I use a custom ICS ROM on my SGS1, and I'd never touch Touchwiz 3.0 with a 50 foot pole. The thing is, Samsung (and to somewhat an extent, HTC) have learned that people like the skins that come with the software, but not limited functionality. That's why the SGSIII in particular is actually more functional than stock ICS. They've reskinned it, but they haven't limited functionality. That's why the SGSII was so damn popular -- they had that same approach with Touchwiz 4.0, and people loved the user interface. It's no longer a stark difference using a custom ROM on these new devices.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-06-28 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I didn't say anything about stability. That's a standard that's expected of all Android devices, and has been for a long time. When people are interested in phones like the SGSIII and the One X they're interested in power and functionality. The iPhone 4S is outclassed in every aspect aside from battery life, which isn't even much a problem now that phones with a quadcore processor can last more than a full day on a single charge. To say that they should be relegated to the masses of iPhone users simply because they aren't interested in the availablity of customizing the version of Android on their device is extremely short-sighted. Android devices aren't phones for the "tech-minded people" anymore. ICS proved in strides that it's incredibly user-friendly, very functional and doesn't sacrifice usability in the process.

I get it. I use a custom ICS ROM on my SGS1, and I'd never touch Touchwiz 3.0 with a 50 foot pole. The thing is, Samsung (and to somewhat an extent, HTC) have learned that people like the skins that come with the software, but not limited functionality. That's why the SGSIII in particular is actually more functional than stock ICS. They've reskinned it, but they haven't limited functionality. That's why the SGSII was so damn popular -- they had that same approach with Touchwiz 4.0, and people loved the user interface. It's no longer a stark difference using a custom ROM on these new devices.
    I lolled.

But yes, this phone is extremely user friendly, love the interface and everything.

Deleted
    Wow, after a while of use. I can safely say this is 1 awesome piece of tech......good phone.