Razer Naga Advice

Hello,

I have been debating on getting a Razer Naga mouse for sometime now. I was wondering how other people have gotten along with them. I have a Razer Anansi keyboard (it's awesome) and an old Razer mouse.

Also, I have seen that there are multiple models (Naga, Naga Epic, Naga Molten, and Naga Hex). Anyone have any advice on which one to get?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dill508 View Post
    Hello,

I have been debating on getting a Razer Naga mouse for sometime now. I was wondering how other people have gotten along with them. I have a Razer Anansi keyboard (it's awesome) and an old Razer mouse.

Also, I have seen that there are multiple models (Naga, Naga Epic, Naga Molten, and Naga Hex). Anyone have any advice on which one to get?

Thanks
    Hi,

I have an Epic. Overall the mouse feels great but the Synapse 2.0 software shits me.

I find I don't use half the buttons. I would have done just as well with a hex I think.

Deleted
    If you get one then make sure you can find the old drivers, the new ones are utter garbage and take up too much resources as well. An entire forced cloud system which you don't need.

Preferrably, if you're on Windows, don't use the drivers at all - it'll still work without. However, the cursor might be unresponsive for a few seconds after boot or waking from sleep.

Get the regular one, it's just fine. Used mine since it came out, more or less, and the only problem I have with it is the new drivers. And the fact that it gathers a lot of dirt around the buttons over time. But it's cleanable.

I didn't like the feel of the Naga. I did see that logitech came out/is coming out with a mouse like it. The g600. looks like it could be more comfortable. It's all personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dill508 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks
    I love mine, i had a regular one but then i got the molten naga, its amazing, i dont use its ui features but i have all my mmo stuff key binded and its increased my performance by 200% easily. and then its really helpful on first shooters once you get used to the buttons, and even then they have these textured sticker you put on the buttons so you can figure your way around them. ive talked my friends into getting one and so far i havnt heard a complaint yet.

Even though i recommend it i would suggest you youtube some actual videos just to make sure its something you really want to buy, there are probably hundreds of user reviews and action videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    If you get one then make sure you can find the old drivers, the new ones are utter garbage and take up too much resources as well. An entire forced cloud system which you don't need.

Preferrably, if you're on Windows, don't use the drivers at all - it'll still work without. However, the cursor might be unresponsive for a few seconds after boot or waking from sleep.

Get the regular one, it's just fine. Used mine since it came out, more or less, and the only problem I have with it is the new drivers. And the fact that it gathers a lot of dirt around the buttons over time. But it's cleanable.
    Im guessing the buttons on the side work without any drivers? Also, I have seen that my Razer Anansi keyboard and a Naga can work together (such as macros, changing keybinds, etc.) I wonder if that will make me have to get drivers

Deleted
    the drivers aren't great, but you can put up with them, and the side buttons without drivers work as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,+ or the numpad keys, depending on where you have the switch on the bottom of the mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my naga about 18 months ago and have been loving it since. The synapse drivers are pretty crap so my advice would be to google Razer Naga Epic Mouse Driver 3.02
    1st link should be for softpedia which has the old drivers. I've heard other people having issues with razor products but personaly my naga has worked flawlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my time again, I wouldnt have bought mine. I was very ill informed when I did.

They're expensive, uncomfortable, cheaply made, the software is shit, and completely useless for anything other than an MMO.

Edit: Oh, and also, if you have even a normal sized hand, enjoy the hand cramps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    If I had my time again, I wouldnt have bought mine. I was very ill informed when I did.

They're expensive, uncomfortable, cheaply made, the software is shit, and completely useless for anything other than an MMO.

Edit: Oh, and also, if you have even a normal sized hand, enjoy the hand cramps.
    I have to agree with you there.

I'd also like to add that if you play with speakers on, your mouse will most likely react on the tiniest bit of bass coming out, I once set the mouse sensitivity to minimum, still it reacted. Lucky me to have big hands though so I can avoid the hand cramps

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all,

I've taken down all of your feedback about the Razer Naga line. We take positive and negative feedback seriously, and take everything into consideration.

Thank you and regards,

Razer|bigwie

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my Razer Naga Epic back in March and I think it's a great mouse. Points to consider when buying:

1) I would have rather bought the original Naga for $80 instead of the Naga Epic for $130. It's basically the same thing except you can't go wireless with the normal naga(I think?), which I wouldn't have minded. I also like the green glow on the 2012 edition of the normal Naga. The Naga Epic doesn't have the lit-up Razer logo on the palm of the mouse.

2) The Naga's 2 additional mouse buttons have poor placement and are almost useless for any fast-pace gamers (Literally useless to me, they're above the scrollwheel in an awkward position.

3) I've HEARD that Razer products aren't high-quality and could bug out/break over time. I've never had these problems with my Razer Naga Epic mouse or my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard.

Depends Razer Hex is cheaper but has half the keys, as for the others it is really just appearances

i have a razer naga, the 12 extra buttons are fantastic

however razer products dont feel like your getting your moneys worth, i had troubles with my naga for a while such as the mouse pointer reseting to the center of my screen. there are also things like double clicks and side buttons falling off but i've yet to experience these in my 2 year old mouse

personally if i were you i would wait for the new logitech mouse with the 12 buttons as that is due out in the next month or so as it will be a hell of a lot cheaper

i like the naga alot, but if i were buying an mmo mouse today i'd probably pick up the corsair one. the keys look to be a bit more comfortable than a numpad.

in normal use i really only use 1-6 on the numpad anyways as i find it uncomfortable to hit 7-12 with my thumb. everyone's different though so it might suit you a bit better than it has me.

that said, i do love the naga best mouse i've owned in a very long time.