10+ Year Old Account

Easily Distracted

Hey guys,

Recently I've been becoming more and more bothered by how easily distracted I am. It really shows when I'm on the internet, for example, I'll get on to do something (could be anything really, modding, googling something, checking email/facebook, etc.) but then I open up a tab to let's say, here, and completely forget about what I was doing before, and I have to make a very large effort to figure out what I was going to do. I realize that this happens to everyone, but I'm starting to think it might be something serious, considering the amount of times it happens. There have been many times when I've walked into the kitchen for...something, and then completely forget what I came in there for (obviously food, but what, exactly?). Or looking for my guitar pick, capo, tv remote, wallet, or keys, and suddenly standing there thinking "What was I doing again?". This happens at least 5-10 times a day, depending on how many tasks I'm required to perform that require me to pay attention for extended periods of time.
    So am I just going crazy, or what? Should I see someone about this?
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a lot of people I know. call it over-stimulation. Best to actively focus on important things and save other things for when the current task is done.

Going into another room and forgetting about what you wanted is something that happens to everyone (with a possible minor amount of exceptions) all the time. Something about your mindset changing when you enter a different room.

I have similar problems, it bothers me a bit, but not too much.