Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,076

    PS4 is three times more popular than Xbox One in Europe, Sony claims

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...pe-sony-claims

    The PS4 has sold three times what the Xbox One has in Europe, according to Sony global sales chief Jim Ryan.

    "It's been pleasing that in North America, we've been two-to-one against Xbox," Ryan said in an interview with Time. "But in Europe, it's really been fortress PlayStation by at least three-to-one in unit sales."

    The company also claimed that it's sold over 1m PSVR units since the platform launched in October.

    "We don't see it as a fad, it's a brand new medium, not only for gaming entertainment, but non-gaming entertainment," Sony global game development boss Shawn Layden said.

    He also noted that one out of every five PS4s sold these days is a PS4 Pro.
    Its good to see PSVR,Pro and the PS4 brand itself doing well. I just hope Sony doesn't let it go to there head.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-06 at 10:54 AM.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #2
    It always has been preffered though. England in particular has always been called "the sonygger capital" by xbox fanboys. uk and eu just like rpgs and sports more than shooters or casual games.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  3. #3
    No surprise there, i dont see any good exlusives on xbox anymore, sure there is some but far more on the ps4.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Would also like to add that ive been owning a xbox since the very first one but traded in the xbox one for a ps4 then later on got a ps4pro, reason was exlusives. Though i would have liked to play path of exile on console but whatever

    And no i dont want to have both consoles i like to have all on one.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Nutri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    1,197
    I bought a 2nd one last week. I contribute double :-P
    I even contribute triple to Rockstar with 3 copies of GTA V! (ps3/4/pc). I should buy stocks.

  5. #5
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I bought a 2nd one last week. I contribute double :-P
    I even contribute triple to Rockstar with 3 copies of GTA V! (ps3/4/pc). I should buy stocks.
    Ya I bought a Pro when they released.

    I got my original PS4 in the bedroom for the GF and the Pro in the living room for me. I have also bought multi-able copy's of some games including GTAV.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  6. #6
    Legendary! UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,834
    Shocking nobody in the history of ever.

    Xbox has always been primarily a US console.
    Sometimes updated...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Shocking nobody in the history of ever.

    Xbox has always been primarily a US console.
    Nah europe also bought alot, asia is there weakpoint.

  8. #8
    Legendary! UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah europe also bought alot, asia is there weakpoint.
    Oh, sure, they still sell well enough in Europe but it's a much bigger console in the US. We won't even go into how well the Xbox does in Asia lol
    Sometimes updated...

  9. #9
    I bought my first non-Nintendo console a month ago and it's a PS4 Pro. Same reason as probably almost everyone else: exclusives.
    For me the only reason to get an Xbox One S right now would be the UHD BD player it comes with.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,662
    I only got ps4 because its the console my friend had, i haven't used an xbox one, but i really dont like the GUI of playstation, i find that xbox always has a much better, easier to use GUI. As for exclusives, the only decent exclusive atm is horizon imo. I would have got xbox if my friends were not on playstation.
    Need new signature ideas

  11. #11
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I only got ps4 because its the console my friend had, i haven't used an xbox one, but i really dont like the GUI of playstation, i find that xbox always has a much better, easier to use GUI. As for exclusives, the only decent exclusive atm is horizon imo. I would have got xbox if my friends were not on playstation.
    I know everyone has different opinions.

    But I can't take this post serious. The GUI of PS4 being bad???????? The only decent exclusive is Horizon.....I highly disagree with people and its factual that the XB1 UI runs and looks like shit.

    But ill leave it at that, this isn't a XB1 thread.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  12. #12
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know everyone has different opinions.

    But I can't take this post serious. The GUI of PS4 being bad???????? The only decent exclusive is Horizon.....I highly disagree with people and its factual that the XB1 UI runs and looks like shit.

    But ill leave it at that, this isn't a XB1 thread.
    I said i havent played xbox one, so i wasn;t talking about the GUI of that one. Its just my opinion that on previous gens i prefered xbox over playstation in that regard, and i don't really like the PS4 GUI eithe. As for exclusives its subjective, i said

    decent exclusive atm is horizon imo
    Note the bolded, in my opinion that's the only decent exclusive right now.
    Need new signature ideas

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Note the bolded, in my opinion that's the only decent exclusive right now.
    It's not even a top 5 exclusive on the system and sounds like someone completely off base giving "their opinion" about things they never played.

  14. #14
    The only reason why xbox sells more in the US is because of patriotism. They won't buy no dirty jap's console when you can have one made of FREEDOM. Even though it has no exclusives.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    The only reason why xbox sells more in the US is because of patriotism. They won't buy no dirty jap's console when you can have one made of FREEDOM. Even though it has no exclusives.
    Uhh, the PS4 has sold more in the US then the Xbox One. /facepalm.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh, the PS4 has sold more in the US then the Xbox One. /facepalm.
    That's not the point. Xbox has a far higher market share in the US than in Europe, and it's almost nonexistent in Japan. Which means that US is buying most of the xboxes.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    That's not the point. Xbox has a far higher market share in the US than in Europe, and it's almost nonexistent in Japan. Which means that US is buying most of the xboxes.
    I read your post and it looked to me like you were saying the Xbox sold more period, not relative to other markets. And you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt when you dress your points up in racism.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt when you dress your points up in racism.
    It was a joke. Stop making a sport of getting offended at every little thing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    It was a joke. Stop making a sport of getting offended at every little thing.
    Are you in the habit of making jokes that detract from your point?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah europe also bought alot, asia is there weakpoint.
    But they have never bought Xbox in numbers similar to the Playstation in the three generations there have been an Xbox.

    As for this generation the reasons are simple. E3 and before announcements for the Xbox one were PR nightmares, outright disasters. Sony first PS4 E3 was basically the perfect one. First they saw how Microsoft were shooting themselves in both feet and basically won by saying "The way you share your games with friends or sell/buy second hand games will not change."

    Fast Forward to present day the damage is done. With 3 consoles on the market Sony holds about 55% globally. Microsoft have all but given up trying to compete with the whole "Buy this on Xbox one and you'll get to play it on PC too." basically telling PC owners not to bother buying the Xbox one. Since that means Xbox one has 0 exclusives, meanwhile PS4 exclusives are not going on the PC. At least until the PS streaming service starts putting up PS4 games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •