Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably 95% positive that I'll be getting Mists and playing it more than GW2 just for the fact that Mists charges a sub fee and seems to require more effort. I see GW2 as more of a casual pace game just because level doesn't seem to matter, which is nice to soak up my free time with. Once I hit cap on MoP and I'm on a regular raid schedule, however, GW2 will probably consume more time since I won't need to be on WoW aside from playing with friends and raiding.

As for which comes out first, I kinda hope GW2 will but I honestly think MoP will. GW2 will give me something to do for free until school begins, where as I can't pay for MoP until I get my next disbursement in from school (unemployed, still looking though!).

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    My question(s) is, at this point what do you think will release first Guild Wars 2 or Mists of Pandaria?
    No clue. I don't play World of Warcraft.

So my multi-part question is. Will you continue to play your game of choice (swtor, tera, wow, rift, ??).
    Not sure honestly. Been dissatisfied with most MMOs these days.

My TOR guild [top 10 worldwide] have quit and gone back to WoW/Rift. I don't blame them either; Bioware/EA have had more than enough time to push updates and shore up the endgame by now. They haven't. I'll be letting my sub run out as I think currently TOR is the weakest MMO on the market.

Will hang on to Rift till the new expansion this Fall. Rift is well made [probably the tightest design of any current MMO] and Trion keep adding lots of new things, so that's awesome. Yet Trion insist on attaching everything to a dull, lazy and uninteresting grind. Kinda not happy with the state of the game right now. Maybe tripling the size of the game this Fall will help... but I am pretty confident it'll be more grindy bullshit.

Aion, surprisingly, has been quite fun though. I might stick with Aion for a spell till the new crop of MMOs hit; Wildstar, Neverwinter, Archeage, Blade & Soul, Elder Scrolls Online, etc.

Bit of an MMO butterfly. So I never really stay in one game for long unless it begins with Ever and ends with Quest.

Deleted
    Played WoW since Vanilla, grew bored of it last year or so, and I quit. I couldn't tell you for sure but MoP and GW2 are definitely getting into each other's 'danger zone'. Blizz is also very good at sabotaging other releases - like all good companies are, not giving hate here!- so my personal guess is that they'll come out rather close to each other, unless GW2 takes the end of the summer, at the point were MoP isn't ready yet. (Even then, I'm not fully sure of this).

I have no intention to play MoP. Not because of x, y, or w, but simply because WoW does not offer me what I'm looking for in a game anymore.

However:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    Gonna be GW2 here and then Torchlight 2 on the side.
    This is exactly what I'll be doing. TL2, GW2 and hopefully (later in the year) going on the xbox of my bf for some Forza Horizon. There will be time for every game, as long as they don't all come out at the same time, in which case I'll have a hard time deciding, but GW2 will probably take priority. (And TL2 once my brain is too tired, as I can just zone out and watch stuff explode).

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Mists most likely will cme out first. I don't reall have a game of choice right now in terms of MMOs, but I am mainly playing RPGs andd Mobas right now.

Also, can I play on your server?
    my gw2 server i choose? for sure! xD

idk what it will be at this point. but on the beta i was on umm blah i already forget lol ill check later have to work for 2 hours today -.-

my gw2 server i choose? for sure! xD

idk what it will be at this point. but on the beta i was on umm blah i already forget lol ill check later have to work for 2 hours today -.-
    I meant Minecraft ;D
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

I will play The Secret World for sure. It's great and definitely has something that most other MMORPGs lack. It's modern world, no classes, no levels (sorta), and a great modern-world setting (did I say that already?). It's based on puzzles and investigation mission, not the usual MMORPG questing either. So I probably won't give it up when GW2 comes out. That said, GW2 will probably be my go-to game for PVP and open-world exploration.

As for WOW... LOL... I'll probably never play it again. I resubbed for a month, and I gotta say... it's got nothing on GW2 or The Secret World. It'll still have it's millions, but more and more better and better games are coming out in a steady stream now. I honestly can't think of any reason to go back to WOW at this point except for a bit of occasional nostalgia. (Luckily, I get a free 7-day trial every 3 months or so, and that'll be plenty for me.)

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP will come first i think, and regarless what came out when i'll play WoW over GW2 anyway as i see myself treating GW2 as a RPG that i don't need to play straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I meant Minecraft ;D
    Oh well, as much as id like to say yes it just me and two friends and self hosted, not to big on giving out IP address to people i don't personally =( know like wise its only available to play when i can play.

Will play both wow and gw2, along with a few other games to break up the monotony that comes from mmos in general.

Alright so right now my current game of choice is technically World of Warcraft although I am not playing it due to having nothing to do but level my 7th class and I just don't feel like it for the time being, i hop on an play Gears of War with my friends and yesterday i started a new survival Minecraft server for me and my friends to try and pass the time, its... OK i guess.

My question(s) is, at this point what do you think will release first Guild Wars 2 or Mists of Pandaria? I really want Mists to come first based on the fact that I have both it and Guild Wars paid off, but enjoyed the BWE2 event so much that it really killed a lot of my WoW drive.

I am going to continue playing Warcraft and I am looking forward to Mists, but i know there is a very good shot that ill be hooked enough on Guild Wars 2 to discontinue playing Warcraft.

So my multi-part question is. Will you continue to play your game of choice (swotor, tera, wow, rift, ??). Are you in the waiting for both Mists and Guild Wars 2 boat? if so will Guild Wars be putting an end to your current MMO's playing days? Or of course you could only be interested in Guild Wars an currently not playing anything or just sticking with non-mmo games?

For now I myself say i will continue playing Warcraft along side Guild Wars 2, but i say that now, only time will tell if its enough to justify keeping it around.

If Guild Wars 2 has corrections before release and adds auto-follow, I will leave WoW for good. If no auto-follow is added to Guild Wars 2, I will continue playing WoW and probably won't play GW2 any more until it is added.

Some badly needed corrections in GW2: Make game play much smoother. Right now, it's very choppy and appears to be not well written. A simple fix to not allow casting skills that take time to cast while moving is one that will make game play much more smooth.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No idea which will come first since A.Net is being pretty tight-lipped about it.

If I HAD to guess I'd say that MoP will hit first.

Currently not playing any MMO's at all and sorta missing it. There's just none that really catch my interest ATM.
    I'm sure Mists of Pandaria will released before Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 won't be releasing until December, 2012. MoP will be about October.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    If no auto-follow is added to Guild Wars 2, I will continue playing WoW and probably won't play GW2 any more until it is added.
    U have some problems with controlling 3+ multiboxer* characters , without it ?

Edit: Love u youtube videos
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-06-27 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple fix to not allow casting skills that take time to cast while moving is one that will make game play much more smooth.
    Oh please NO. What is wrong with you? This is exactly why I disagree with the thread at the moment about telling people that GW2 is not the game for them. In cases of "I don't think you can zoom out far enough in GW2" then clearly it's not right to tell somebody that GW2 is not for them, but in cases like this where "please make GW2's combat less active and more dull/archaic because that's what I'm used to in other games" it's quite clear to me that people simply need to be told that maybe they should carry on playing those other games and leave GW2 for the people who actually grasp what it is that ArenaNet are going for here. What a ridiculous idea.

GW2 is my game of choice (I hope/we'll see). Haven't played WoW or Rift in about a year, SWTOR in about 5 months, and there's just no other MMO I'm interested in.

The only other game I'm playing right now is Smite...Why must the 2 games I play be in beta???
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-06-28 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current game of choice honestly... is LoL. Sometimes a little Sims 3.

I quit WoW back in February. For a time I messed around in City of Heroes. I got bored with that pretty quickly, because there's a lot of repetition and the costume customization isn't as extensive as I'd like. Then I messed around a bit in Guild Wars 1. I've never really gotten into the original Guild Wars for some reason, but the mechanics and combat just always felt off to me. I messed around with Diablo 3 for like... a week, maybe less... I stopped playing it because I realized that you hit a brick wall gear barrier that isn't surmounted by skill at all, which doesn't appeal to me.

I don't remember at which point I decided to look into Guild Wars 2 (WELL before D3 came out), but I remember that it was one of those long-winded threads about the holy trinity and I was like "dude, no holy trinity?! I gotta get in on that!"
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-28 at 03:07 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Current game is none really. I sometimes will play a single player game that I have, like Skyrim or Mass Effect 3. But haven't really played an mmo since early this year when I stopped playing Swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Nah, GW2 is much more addicting, but there's the small problem that it's not playable right now.
    Yeah, they need to fix this!

- Once my AP is up, I'll be getting out of WoW. I'm just tired of their attitude since LK. At first they listened, then they just didn't a flying fancy anymore. I didn't mind the Pandaren being goofy Asian-themed Panda humanoids, but the dances, jokes, and other tidbits are just even too stupid for me (no I don't care about Kung Fu Panda). It's just the way they approached this long awaited race that has me put off. Even Worgen gave me a sour tummy once I saw the Beta version of them (what we have now).

- SWTOR should've been F2P. Case closed.

- As for Rift- I haven't thought much on it yet, but I do have a collector's edition account with them, so I may or may not return to it.

- Not sure on TERA since no one I know plays it. (The videos look good, but I'm careful with my money since we almost have nothing.)

Point being- I needs me some Guild Wars 2!

Deleted
    Planning to end my brief but memorable stint on GW1, I just can't get motivated to do the last thing I need to get 30 points.

Aside for that, Mass Effect 3 is on my list, but again it's a lack of motivation. Skyrim, but then Dawnguard is out next week. Diablo 3 I've lost all enthusiasm for now.

Doing betas/free trials for TOR, TERA and Secret World did nothing for me aside from confirming I have a huge dislike for MMOs now. But it's summer, so I don't see the point of gaming right now anyway. I think GW 2 will be out in the autumn, so it'll probably be very little gaming until then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    only have PvP and repeatable dungeons left... they will come back looking for that grind.
    Ya know. If people really love a grind, you CAN grind in GW2. It's just not a requirement for optimum performance. I know I spent time in each zone grinding out completion of the zone, when I could have just moved on to something else - just because I like full completion of an area.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

There is quite a lot to grind in GW2 just as there was in GW1. Key difference is that Guild Wars does not make that grind compulsory/required; Warcraft, Rift, TOR, et cetera to progression.

I will probably play GW2 in addition to other games(probably MoP or Torchlight 2). I like that GW2 doesn't have a subscription fee or mandatory grind, and it will let me be flexible in how I choose to play it.