Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hardcore arena... Why ? becaus of the rewards!

Hi guys..

On youtube there is a petition about hardcore arena..

And what hardcore arena needs is good rewards. It is a battle to the death. So the player who wins this great victory/match should get a good reward.

I was thinking that it would be so cool if you kill some 1 in arena they would drop there gear in the same way a boss will drop his loot.. Just a fountain of gear :d and its all yours if you win..

This seems very cool and logic. So pll prob have talked about this, i have not seen it tho..

Just seems something rly cool for D3.

so you like beeing in a arena queue for 2 weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    so you like beeing in a arena queue for 2 weeks?
    Lets do it like once week.. from X time and you can sign in for a 10 min or hour window and then you will get matched up and BATTLE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll pass unless you don't lose your character. We could make it a "no kills arena" but the loser has to give up a piece of gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    Lets do it like once week.. from X time and you can sign in for a 10 min or hour window and then you will get matched up and BATTLE!!!!
    once a week*

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think I'll pass unless you don't lose your character. We could make it a "no kills arena" but the loser has to give up a piece of gear?

Lets call that the sissy version..

10+ Year Old Account
    i like your idea, it's really bad ass. though i don't know if many people are willing to put their Hardcore character at risk. I could see nothing but low lvl twinks. Like level 20-30's all geared out in rares and legendary's i just can't see risking the money and time spent on a level 60 hardcore character with millions of gold worth gear only to get killed by a monk or wizard with really bad Lag teleporting all over the place (old WoW "strategy")

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the winners should win ALL the gears of the opposite team. Vice Versa!

Deleted
    or make it like the real gladiator games. so the winner can choose if he wants to kill you or not, so double the risk

Deleted
    Its only lvl 60 who can do arena.. and you only win what he has on.. not what he has in the bank.. So if you win a few matches you have alot of gear reserve..
    If you win vs lets say a good geared barb.. You will get his whole set he has on.. So if you would lvl a fresh barb to 60.. You can put on that set and smash away

I like it :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Its only lvl 60 who can do arena.. and you only win what he has on.. not what he has in the bank.. So if you win a few matches you have alot of gear reserve..
    If you win vs lets say a good geared barb.. You will get his whole set he has on.. So if you would lvl a fresh barb to 60.. You can put on that set and smash away

I like it :d
    i still don't see why someone would take the risk of leveling to 60 and wearing BiS gear, only to possibly get screwed due to Rock Paper Scissors or even just server lag.

Yes, the risk itself is exciting, but in the end to lose that much is a great disappointment. And after a few times leveling and losing it all, disappointment becomes very un-fun.

If this was non-hardcore. and you had to put up an item at the beginning of the fight to wager, it would less risky and less disappointing when you get screwed to things outside of your power.

Perhaps i just don't have the same mentality as you crazy Hardcore players = )
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2012-06-27 at 02:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys..

On youtube there is a petition about hardcore arena..

And what hardcore arena needs is good rewards. It is a battle to the death. So the player who wins this great victory/match should get a good reward.

I was thinking that it would be so cool if you kill some 1 in arena they would drop there gear in the same way a boss will drop his loot.. Just a fountain of gear :d and its all yours if you win..

This seems very cool and logic. So pll prob have talked about this, i have not seen it tho..

Just seems something rly cool for D3.

Problem I see with this is they aren't going to balance pvp. Which is good IMO. I would refer they don't balance pvp.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    1. Becaus the reward is big.
    2. Its just something fresh and realy hardcore.. for hardcore players only as the name says
    3. Pll will watch this.. this will be streamed like mad
    4. It will make this game immortal in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle for deletion.

Deleted
    Sorry but NO.

So many problems with this idea I dont know where to begin.

Also ye, enjoy waiting in a queue for weeks on end with nobody to battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Sorry but NO.

So many problems with this idea I dont know where to begin.

Also ye, enjoy waiting in a queue for weeks on end with nobody to battle.

Plz tell us then ?
    and i alrdy replied to the 2cond question.. not that it was rly a question ..

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 04:26 PM ----------

Plz tell us then ?
    and i alrdy replied to the 2cond question.. not that it was rly a question ..
    and 3the your avatar creeps me out.. i feel like i am talking to lil hitler..

I'll play. Better gear = more risk = more power. Classic.

And it would make this game immortal. Balls often do.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure this has already been commented on by the blues. They stated somewhere, that if blizzard were to implement arena on hardcore, deaths caused by players wouldn't cause your character to be dead forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Agreed. Leveling in D3 takes way too long and isn't remotely fun. Screw the gear, losing the 60 levels is what hurts.

Furthermore, there is NO gear balance in D3. Expect to get into the arena with people way stronger than you. It won't be skill based, you'll just get crushed by the kid who stole mom's credit card.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-06-27 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Agreed. Leveling in D3 takes way too long and isn't remotely fun. Screw the gear, losing the 60 levels is what hurts.

Furthermore, there is NO gear balance in D3. Expect to get into the arena with people way stronger than you. It won't be skill based, you'll just get crushed by the kid who stole mom's credit card.

There is no RMAH on HC.. unless the kid will go to some chinees friends of his buys for 500€/$ on gear.. will go to the arena maybe win a few matches becaus of gear and then loses becaus he cant play.. will spend cash

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Have to agree.. but then again.. its for hardcore players

Deleted
    I would rather see a non permanent death, but a mandatory ante of one of your currently equipped items. Might even be the winner gets to choose as to prevent someone from equipping a POS necklace and ante-ing that one up every time.