Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Some things were still broken, and aura stacking for example was banned anywhere you went. But people didn't care about losing level 90s in duels in D2 because you could get it all back in a couple of days. Furthermore, leveling in D2 was actually fun, in D3 it's a really crappy ride that takes way too long and in the end is just a grind.

And Blizz decided to fix Kulle/Azmodan/anythingelseremotelydecent so that you can't power level and skip the grind, either.
    I don't know if we played the same D2 or D3 at this point. Getting to the lvl cap in D3 is way faster ppl did it in a few hours on the first day! That couldn't happen in D2. If you just mindlessly grinded in D2 sure you could hit it kinda fast, but not nearly as quick. As pointed out by Blizz it turned into a bunch of lvl 10 toons battling to the death for the most part which is why they removed the pvp death aspect.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Dude, people sell gold for dollars on the Blizzard forums, and if they address that they'll be selling it elsewhere. Blizzard has even stated that they may do an RMAH in HC as well.

So yea, expect someone with some spare cash to smash your face in. If you think it's funny that people will spend hundreds to play in pve, let me tell you- there's basically no limit to what some people will do to win in pvp.
    Some pll will buy gear in softcore but you can keep that forever or even resell.

Buy gear in hardcore? to pvp with? and some skilled dude will win or you might just dc and bye bye money..

A few might do it but that will very low..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't know if we played the same D2 or D3 at this point. Getting to the lvl cap in D3 is way faster ppl did it in a few hours on the first day! That couldn't happen in D2. If you just mindlessly grinded in D2 sure you could hit it kinda fast, but not nearly as quick. As pointed out by Blizz it turned into a bunch of lvl 10 toons battling to the death for the most part which is why they removed the pvp death aspect.
    The difference between 90 and 99 in D2 was minimal, you could end game PvP as early as 80s for many classes, which took hours to get to.

I'm talking about LoD here of course, I didn't know many (any) people who did hardcore PvP in D2classic. Surprise-for the exact same reasons.

Who would oversee this?

I like this idea, however, I don't like the idea of death always being permanent or losing all of your gear on death. What I would do, is create a system that is similar to the Duel Arena in Runescape. There, you would be able to duel for fun, bet pieces of gear, and also select an option of permanent death if you are feeling risky.

Another idea would be to match players of the same caliber. E.g. matching players that have similar damage, health, resists, etc. Using this method, battles between players depend on skill instead of players with much better gear steamrolling through people with gear that isn't as good.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This is how it worked in Diablo 1 or well pretty much. If you would die, you'd drop all your loot like a fountain, and everyone could pick it up. Doubt Blizzard will ever go back to that. In this modern day and age people don't like those kind of games anymore.
    Only if a monster killed you. If a player killed you, you dropped half your gold and an ear.

Not that it mattered. Duping would have regolded (or even regeared) in a couple of minutes max.

PVP isnt balanced, and won't be balanced,. blizz already said so.

so, a pvp till the death won't happen either, because its not balanced - so certain classes will always lose, and thus it will cause outrage and crying nerds who want theri stuff refunded because of "lag" or cheaters, or unfair players.. bla bla.. etc.

What we need, is a premade lvl 20 character that you can do pvp with against others,. everyone the same, everything balanced. 1 minute prep time to set up your skills and then battle for it!