The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

1.09 - ''Dream Notes'' ''Community made''

This thread has been getting around on multiple diablo sites granted I've quit but it doesn't mean I lurk around to see if anything has changed and such anyway as It's spreading like a virus and hopefully blizzard can actually you know open there eyes I'll link it here too since well It's quite interesting.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/9227...eview-a-dream/

15+ Year Old Account
    Dat sentence structure.

I loved his presentation, but I've never seen a dream be so... well, dreamy. Each of his sections could be its own patch in the reality of D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already said this before, but Trading Post is a bad idea. What it appears to be is the same as the auction house, but there's no currency. You set items "for sale", and you set up items "I want". How long do you think it's going to take before those two things coincide? A long ass time.

And I really don't give a crap whether or not people I play with find brown items. It's more of a tease than it is now. Oh, I found a....brimstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've already said this before, but Trading Post is a bad idea. What it appears to be is the same as the auction house, but there's no currency. You set items "for sale", and you set up items "I want". How long do you think it's going to take before those two things coincide? A long ass time.

And I really don't give a crap whether or not people I play with find brown items. It's more of a tease than it is now. Oh, I found a....brimstone.
    Whatever gets rid of the AH imo. I'm even willing to jump back into the mess of trade chat if that's what it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Whatever gets rid of the AH imo. I'm even willing to jump back into the mess of trade chat if that's what it takes.
    Go nuts. Spend six hours creating games like "brg 1k/ls/dex/os wpn", and have people walk in, only to either laugh at you, or just troll you for no reason, because that was 90% of trade games to me. You know, when anyone came in, and I went afk for hours with nothing. Because that's fun. Have fun arbitrarily pricing items in relation to other items, because that never worked out well either.

I promise I will never play another second of this game if something like that is implemented.

Not so sure about the whole "trading idea" but the rest is just pure gold. These type of ideas should've been implemented from the start. This is progress, not copy-pasting Diablo 2's system and trying to tie in the RMAH with it for the ride. I severely doubt this type of changes will EVER get implemented but, we can all dream, can't we?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected much more phenomenal patch notes for something that was supposed to be 'dreamy'. Trading post, meh. Other people's legedaries? Meh. I would prefer that the game have more variety and that side dungeons and all that was worthwhile, but that was the only bit that stuck out at me.

And to be honest...it just sounded like 5% of Torchlight 2 features in that respect. This game could use sooo much more than that.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The AH will never be removed. Blizz has said so.

BUT the upgrading of items and making them account bound "on upgrade" is a great idea to keep people away from the AH. I like the new brimstone ideas too. I wish we had more personal development in D3, and this change would help a bunch.

Deleted
    I like some of the ideas, but definitely not all.

The AH shouldn't have been implemented in this way, we can all agree on that. But we can't take it out now.
    I also don't like the idea of seeing other people's legendaries. I think that would only result in disappointed people when they realize it's not theirs.

I do like adding the Mystic though. The idea of a MF potion is very good. And I do feel that enchanting or socketing items should be implemented at some point.
    Weapons and helms are basically worthless without a socket. You don't even have to look at the stats, once it has no socket you can throw it away.

Blizzard didn't add socketing of items because they felt it didn't bring anything new, you just socketed everything you could find without a second thought.
    But it's no fun to throw away items just because they have no socket either. So I think at least for weapons and helm it should become a possibility.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    I severely doubt this type of changes will EVER get implemented but, we can all dream, can't we?
    I doubt we'll see these kinds of changes through a patch, but with the expansion it could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the first fan made patch notes thread that I actually read through the entire thing! It was actually well put together just like a real Blizzard employee would do. Everything on there is very interesting. I know Blizzard will see it, no doubt about that. But if they actually do anything with this dream, that's the question. It's received awesome feedback from the community. Better feedback than any of the real patches Blizzard released. Don't get me wrong, the updates Blizzard is releasing are on par with making D3 a 'better' game. But this 'dream' thread is just amazing!

*Edit* I don't necessarily agree with everything from the community's post here, but it's something Blizzard can look at and maybe consider these ideas if they haven't already and improve on them. I'm really referring to the AH being gone. That's the one that's really interesting but it doesn't make much sense since the trading post would be the same except without a currency.
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2013-04-23 at 04:25 AM.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki