Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 1.0.4

<Close> ..................
    Last edited by Hunteriii; 2012-06-28 at 12:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the changes are kinda nice, some not so much. Why on earth would you want to remove AH? Trading in D2 was a huge pain in the ass, though I guess a bit more interesting. And I paid for a night out with the cash I got from RMAH so all is well.

I did not like the IAS nerf, but it was needed. It was simply TOO GOOD.

But kudos for an interesting post.

15+ Year Old Account
    The TL;DR is : Turn Diablo 3 into Diablo 2!

The only change I really want is for them to allow bosses to drop decent items without NV5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoen View Post
    The TL;DR is : Turn Diablo 3 into Diablo 2!
    No, it's more like please hold my hand and make the game easier. I don;t like the feeling of accomplishment when I overcome a difficult task, I just want it handed to me.

Gear / Loot

- Remove AH.
    Sorry bro, it's not gonna happen. Even if I agree with some of your suggestions their is to much money to be made by Blizzard in the RMAH.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunteriii View Post
    snip
    only need one change.......make diablo 3, diablo 2 with better graphics and new plot....GG
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-06-27 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    You're essentially making the game easy easier in every single way, except removing the AH.

A lot of your stuff has potential for good ideas if its refined a bit but it seems like its very hit and miss. Its almost like you don't actually understand how the game works in some cases, for example:
    - There already IS an "increase/reduce damage to elites" modifier which works on bosses too
    - MF does actually work right now
    - If CC diminishing returns didn't work the game would be a clusterfuck of cheesy builds which faceroll 100% of mobs in god mode
    - Wasps do 80% less dmg, why not just make them roll over and drop loot upon sight? They have the slowest projectile speed in the game, if you can't dodge it you deserve to be hit for a lot.
    - White items worth vendoring, as if we didn't make enough boring trips back to town as is now we gotta ferry trash from the dungeon to the vendor 5x more often, not really productive to fun
    - Increase drop rates and then counter it by increasing RNG too with a bunch of useless modifiers

Overall it just seems like you just threw together a mix of stuff that annoyed you currently in the game as well as a bunch of nostalgia from D2.

A lot of good stuff, like the thing about mobs not charging from off-screen (kind of stupid there Blizzard, I mean come on now) or Soul Rippers being overtuned (which was actually nerfed already), the Templar managing to actually survive a little bit would be good and making bosses actually drop boss-worthy loot rather than just feeling like a fater elite pack. I think you're on the right track in some places but it needs a lot more refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    - Wasps do 80% less dmg, why not just make them roll over and drop loot upon sight? They have the slowest projectile speed in the game, if you can't dodge it you deserve to be hit for a lot.

A lot of good stuff, like the thing about mobs not charging from off-screen (kind of stupid there Blizzard, I mean come on now) or Soul Rippers being overtuned (which was actually nerfed already), the Templar managing to actually survive a little bit would be good and making bosses actually drop boss-worthy loot rather than just feeling like a fater elite pack. I think you're on the right track in some places but it needs a lot more refinement.
    Snipped some other things as these are what I am going to comment on.

Despite my earlier comment, I do kinda agree with a couple things, just all of them together is too much.

The wasps in particular, sometimes, as melee, I just don't see. If I am in the middle of plauge, desecrate or a horde of illusionists, there's just too much for me to see the wasps. 80% redux is a bit much, and maybe no redux at all if they had a bright green aura and projectiles were always on top or something. They can be easy to avoid if there is nothing else going on, but with a lot on the screen as melee in the middle of it, it can be hard.

The rest of your quote I agree with, except maybe mobs charging from off screen. I am a firm believer of no glass cannons, everyone should build some survivability. I've said it in a dozen threads, this is a dungeon crawler not an MMORPG. There is no trinity of tank/heals/dps, everyone needs it all. This is pretty well reflected in different abilities people get and the fact that defensive stats come on all gear, not just melee gear. I dunno, I think things that force ranged to take some damge now and then are ok and part of the style of play the game offers.

Only a couple gripes with d3 right now.

Some very hard hitting abilities aren't telegraphed at all (Bull rushing oppressors, arcane beams spawning on your face and rotating with you), and fucking champion tremors. You hit them, they crouch, and then they go super saiyan running faster than a dh with tactical advantage. Invuln minions is actually fairly balanced now with reduced champ health.

Oh and soul rippers were nerfed in to the ground...

And almost the entire post reeks of "Make d3 d2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The rest of your quote I agree with, except maybe mobs charging from off screen. I am a firm believer of no glass cannons, everyone should build some survivability. I've said it in a dozen threads, this is a dungeon crawler not an MMORPG. There is no trinity of tank/heals/dps, everyone needs it all. This is pretty well reflected in different abilities people get and the fact that defensive stats come on all gear, not just melee gear. I dunno, I think things that force ranged to take some damge now and then are ok and part of the style of play the game offers.
    *Some* damage yes, if you're gonna guarantee the hit though then you gotta tune the damage down a little. Forget 1 shotting glass cannons, that ability can 1 shot a 390 physical resist wizard with Force Armor on. When there's 3 of them on the edge of your screen progressing downward and they all charge at once... yeah.

I always argue against any ability than can RNG you to death. Overall I feel like there's better ways of encouraging non-glass builds than just throwing in mobs like this. But that's a much more complicated discussion regarding class abilities and the scaling of DPS stats.

You just want more loot and gold.. how exactly is that going to make the game more 'fun'? Isn't the gameplay the most 'fun' part about it?

Why do you call it a wall of text when what you've written is the exact opposite of what a wall of text actually is?
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Forcing drops is retarded, RNG is a part of diablo, if you cant handle that you have no reason to play this game and should move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteriii View Post
    Mobs (Normal)
    -Vultures no longer wait in the sky for a long period of time
    ugh? Is that act II vultures? They wait until you initiate combat.
    Do you wait for them to come down ? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Like RavenGage pointed out, all you're doing is nerfing the content to a huge degree, and adding a lot of changes that have no real sense. Why up the levels to 99? And, like pointed out earlier, if you can't dodge the flies in Act2...then you need to learn to play correctly.

Removing the AH but upping drops? What would that accomplish but stick people with giant amounts of gear that they can't use (no change there) but now can't really get rid of without finding someone else to offload it to. More time would be spent trying to find a trading partner than simply listing your item. No, no thank you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    You basically want it easy. No thanks.
    This. Times 1000.

There's nothing fun in the ideas you're suggesting, just simply by-products of D2 nostalgia + it's all "far too difficult" for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but the basics of your ideas are this;

- Drop more loot
    - Cost less Gold
    - Weaker Monsters
    - Stronger Player and NPC characters

That equates to a steamroll, which does not equal fun for many people. I realize this is not true for EVERYONE, as it is obviously the case that the OP is very much behind that idea.

As for level 99. If that would make the game "more fun" then why do you also list quests giving more experience? You are basically saying that leveling needs to continue (although the skill system couldn't support more levels, it barely supports 60) but that leveling is boring so monsters and quests should reward more xp.. ?

I am all for craziness, but this type of list is the type that is simply a wishlist from a group of players that are interested in immediate returns rather than slow returns over an extended period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Your ideas in the beginning about skills and runes.. all you said was make them better. How? Just saying better/balanced isn't helpful. It would be more interesting if you came up with some balanced, fun, yet varied runes and abilities.

Deleted
    OP, let me make a tl;dr from your post. It goes like this: "gief easymode".

Those suggestions will kill the game so quick. It is already getting to easy in inferno and the nerf in 1.03 was not called for.

Key part of your suggestions is it will wreck the economy so fast it isnt even funny how bad the economy would be in just a few weeks of that rolled out on live servers.

People will drown in gold and gold will be worthless in your system everyone and there brother will be able to spend 500 million like it is chump change. So i guess you want it like D2 in that regard since gold was worthless in D2.

Will that fix the game? no not even close. It will take the current state and wreck the economy on top of it. no thanks I can promise you i will be gone if even 20% of your suggestions go live.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 06:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Like RavenGage pointed out, all you're doing is nerfing the content to a huge degree, and adding a lot of changes that have no real sense. Why up the levels to 99? And, like pointed out earlier, if you can't dodge the flies in Act2...then you need to learn to play correctly.

Removing the AH but upping drops? What would that accomplish but stick people with giant amounts of gear that they can't use (no change there) but now can't really get rid of without finding someone else to offload it to. More time would be spent trying to find a trading partner than simply listing your item. No, no thank you at all.
    Exactly it isnt fun to spend hours on end to try to get a trade going. And a side effect will be offline sites for gear shady dealers that will rip you off etc etc. Really i dont see how letting shady dealers run the AH will make it better. It will be there no doubt about it sales of gear etc will take place on what would than be illegal websites.

I think the OP should explain how putting most of the trading on what will than be illegal websites how is that making the game better?