Rift Subscription price sale

Seems like Trion is having another sale on their subscription prices. $38.22 for 3 months, $62.94 for 6, and $166.88 for a full year. I wonder if they offer sub sales with each new major patch. Makes me super sad that I cannot get a sub to this game at the moment, and don't really want to wait until 1.10 to see if they have a sale again.

But this is another thing I love about Trion. Their willingness to give sale prices to their subscription costs. And it makes me rage that I can't give them any of my money.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It says $116.88 for a full year not $166.88. $116. is really good! ^_^
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

I thought it was always that price for a year ? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    It says $116.88 for a full year not $166.88. $116. is really good! ^_^
    Oops. Good catch. Meant 116. and the usual price is about 120 a year (9.99 a month).

Whats the usual price on EU ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that Trion offers sales on its sub prices, but this one is, honestly, kind of a joke... :/

14.99 -> 14.99 for 1 month (no change, not unexpected)
    38.97 -> 38.22 for 3 months (save 75 cents)
    65.94 -> 62.94 for 6 months (save $3)
    119.88 -> 116.88 for 12 months (save $3)

OooooOOOoOoo... $3 over a whole year (or $6, if you're smart)? Epic sale. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    I like that Trion offers sales on its sub prices, but this one is, honestly, kind of a joke... :/

14.99 -> 14.99 for 1 month (no change, not unexpected)
    38.97 -> 38.22 for 3 months (save 75 cents)
    65.94 -> 62.94 for 6 months (save $3)
    119.88 -> 116.88 for 12 months (save $3)

OooooOOOoOoo... $3 over a whole year (or $6, if you're smart)? Epic sale. /facepalm
    Umm, math is hard? Based on $14.99 a month that = $179.88 for a year how do only save $3.00? I see a savings of $63.00.... Amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Umm, math is hard? Based on $14.99 a month that = $179.88 for a year how do only save $3.00? I see a savings of $63.00.... Amiright?
    No, those prices are the accurate ones. I took the 6m subscription for 65.94 last month. They always offer a discount on larger subscriptions even when there isn't a "sale".

Deleted
    Didnt they sell subs a couple of months ago where the one year one would be like 6-7 dollars a month? Remember something crazy like that =)

Almost all sub-based MMO's offer discounts based on longer subscription terms. Trion is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Didnt they sell subs a couple of months ago where the one year one would be like 6-7 dollars a month? Remember something crazy like that =)
    There was the game card fiasco through that one EU game company, and then for the anniversary, Trion were offering 1 year subs for 99 bucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    There was the game card fiasco through that one EU game company, and then for the anniversary, Trion were offering 1 year subs for 99 bucks.
    Fiasco? They turned out to be fake or? Have read about lots of sites selling fake game cards these days =/
    Must have been the anniversary thing I thought about then, cause it was cheap on rift website =) 8 dollars a month seems kind of cheap as well :P Anyone with some kind of stable avarage income must have bought it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Fiasco? They turned out to be fake or? Have read about lots of sites selling fake game cards these days =/
    Must have been the anniversary thing I thought about then, cause it was cheap on rift website =) 8 dollars a month seems kind of cheap as well :P Anyone with some kind of stable avarage income must have bought it I guess
    No, the cards were legit, but it was near impossible for NA players to get their hands on the cards due to security checks, lockouts, and all kinds of ridiculous hoops we had to jump through.

I had tried 4 different times, going through 2 different sites, calling my credit card company, and still getting sales blocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, those prices are the accurate ones. I took the 6m subscription for 65.94 last month. They always offer a discount on larger subscriptions even when there isn't a "sale".

Correct, granted you get a discount for subbing for multiple months but subscriptions are based on what you pay monthly so in fact you save $63.00 a year if you were to sub for a year at the current price plan. Sure it's not a big difference from the normal discounted multiple monthly sub but you still knock of a 1/3 of a years sub price. I got my sub price for $99.00 for a year during err was it the 6 month anniversary sale I forget.

Marketing is marketing they sell the game and 30 days for $9.99 sometimes and other times for $19.99 and I've seen it $14.99 nothing new really imo. At the end of the day you have to say how much do I save by buying a year's sub in this case it = $63.00 if it's a value to you then you sub. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/subscriptions.php

Compare the regular prices to "sale" prices. I even listed the numbers right there in the post you quoted...y'know...in case you missed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/subscriptions.php

Compare the regular prices to "sale" prices. I even listed the numbers right there in the post you quoted...y'know...in case you missed them.
    And your point is? You save 35% compared to paying $14.99 a month.

I know you're going to reply back with but it's a crappy sale you save $3.00 or $6.00 compared to regular sub fee prices I get it it's nothing to write home about but typically you won't get the deep saving subs until some major event or milestone in the game which this patch is not.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-06-27 at 07:53 PM.

Its very cool, if i can get some overtime shifts this week im going for the one year, after all last night i logged into Rift and got rewards in the mail for being a veteran player and a letter thnak you me for playing, how can i not like Trion?

10+ Year Old Account
    And your point is? You save 35% compared to paying $14.99 a month.

I know you're going to reply back with but it's a crappy sale you save $3.00 or $6.00 compared to regular sub fee prices I get it it's nothing to write home about but typically you won't get the deep saving subs until some major event or milestone in the game which this patch is not.
    Actually, I'm not going to give you a worthy reply at all, because I dare not dignify whatever it is you're shoveling.

But, hey, if you're gonna go ahead and believe that 35% -- psst, fallacious math -- I've also got some great beach-front property in Arizona that I'd love to sell you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offer also includes guaranteed access to End of Nations Betas, yes i'm aware EON is a F2P game

10+ Year Old Account
    $3 over a whole year (or $6, if you're smart)? Epic sale. /facepalm
    Your math here doesn't work out. I'm assuming you mean go 6 months twice, $6 saved total. But 6 months twice, even at the sale price, is a little over $125, you'd be spending $6 more than normal year sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.