Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Xbox Commercial?

Ok so was watching America's Got Talent and this mysterious ad pops up, which looks like the Power Symbol for the Xbox, with only thing else on screen is a date(9/17/2012) and some words "Power is Everything"

I doubt they would release another system without promoting the ever loving hell out of it. just seems odd to me. Anyone know what it's actually for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Its a release date for a release date/info dump? Seems too soon to be a release date but too late to be an information dump. Two months might be enough advertisement but I don't know why they skipped E3 if they are planning on a release any time soon. I am sure if they are releasing it this year they will want to hit holiday season. Although that puts them in competition with WiiU.

Safe bet is its a spoiler for a spoiler about the system they are going to release for a system that will hit the market next holiday.

Hope this makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tekken 6 maybe?

Edit: nevermind that is 2009. I'm a dunc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    Its a release date for a release date/info dump? Seems too soon to be a release date but too late to be an information dump. Two months might be enough advertisement but I don't know why they skipped E3 if they are planning on a release any time soon. I am sure if they are releasing it this year they will want to hit holiday season. Although that puts them in competition with WiiU.

Safe bet is its a spoiler for a spoiler about the system they are going to release for a system that will hit the market next holiday.

Hope this makes sense.
    Haha, surprisingly it does. I was just talking with my wife about it. That's A LOT of build up and mystery. I approve of them building up the suspense as long as it's not a year later. Maybe after the major xmas rush (could still preorder it as an xmas gift I guess)
    This makes the most sense though that it's a date for a major announcement! So stoked right now about, them bastards.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Tekken 6 maybe?

Edit: nevermind that is 2009. I'm a dunc.
    But Tekken already had it's own commercial. Though it is a good idea and could be it. Is tekken strictly for the xbox though? I though Sony bought the rights or had a joint venture with the Tekken franchise?
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >

Hyping the new Xbox TV perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrounds View Post
    Hyping the new Xbox TV perhaps.
    Xbox Tv?? /mindblown

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, no idea, this thread is in the top 3 for google searches for "power is everything 9/17/12" though.

Was it a typical power symbol, like the "U" shape with a vertical line above it? Because that's not Xbox.

Last edited by Runeforged; 2012-06-28 at 02:35 AM.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforged View Post
    Hm, no idea, this thread is in the top 3 for google searches for "power is everything 9/17/12" though.

Was it a typical power symbol, like the "U" shape with a vertical line above it? Because that's not Xbox.

OH NO!!!! Damn you, I've been so glued on gaming for the past few years that, that's the only place I can remember ever seeing that symbol. Damn you Microsoft...

Now I'm really curious as to what it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    OH NO!!!! Damn you, I've been so glued on gaming for the past few years that, that's the only place I can remember ever seeing that symbol. Damn you Microsoft...

Now I'm really curious as to what it is...
    Myself as well, I'll dig around a little bit, but I don't really expect to find anything. Trying to find one obscure commercial is pretty tough.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe its an attention grabber for a green movement? 'Power is everything' -> Power -> electricity -> its everything -> its important -> ??? -> green. and with the generic power symbol, maybe they want you to turn stuff off : /. Kinda hope im wrong on this one though, my theory is un-epic.

Myself as well, I'll dig around a little bit, but I don't really expect to find anything. Trying to find one obscure commercial is pretty tough.

No lie! I tried to find the commercial every where and it's been a miss so far Also been checking out abc (since it was the station that aired it) and other news media outlets for any idea and I came up with nothing. Maybe it was just too soon, but I'm going to check around as well again later on.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    maybe its an attention grabber for a green movement? 'Power is everything' -> Power -> electricity -> its everything -> its important -> ??? -> green. and with the generic power symbol, maybe they want you to turn stuff off : /. Kinda hope im wrong on this one though, my theory is un-epic.
    "un epic" lol, eh pretty epic if it's right, not so epic for those of us holding out hope for info on next gen consoles though.

Props on getting to that idea.

Also LOVE THE SIG! Not usually political but that's funny and ironic.

That is national constitution day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a nonny View Post
    That is national constitution day.
    Nice catch. I'm sort of glad they're not coming out with a new console, that means I don't have to save up my next 5 paychecks to get one.

Nice catch. I'm sort of glad they're not coming out with a new console, that means I don't have to save up my next 5 paychecks to get one.
    Yeah not looking forward to the price tags on the new systems when they do roll out Gotta think about it though. We've technically "gotten our moneys worth" out of these systems. It's been what 5 years? Anything that gives me entertainment for 100$ bucks a year average is a win. Now if only video game costs would decrease it would be amazing. I blow 200-300 on games a year, if not more >.<

The only good Google search for the commercial is this thread... I am still looking.

What would "Power is everything" do with the constitution? Unless it is a message from the Illuminati that they own us and they are going to reveal it. Joking about the Illuminati part.
    Last edited by Eletastic; 2012-06-28 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    The only good Google search for the commercial is this thread... I am still looking.
    I promise I'm not making the shit up! I've had 3 friends ask me on fb already because I was hoping someone else would know what the hell it was for

Yeah not looking forward to the price tags on the new systems when they do roll out Gotta think about it though. We've technically "gotten our moneys worth" out of these systems. It's been what 5 years? Anything that gives me entertainment for 100$ bucks a year average is a win. Now if only video game costs would decrease it would be amazing. I blow 200-300 on games a year, if not more >.<
    the recently leaked Microsoft documents point to a 2013 release date and a 300 dollar price tag.It will also come with the kinect 2 for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very true, it's been a while since a new system has come out. As for video game prices, all I can say is EA.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it does actually have something to do with Xbox then it is likely the Smart Glass apps and stuff that they talked about at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    It's a new TV show that's coming out in September you guys are pulling conclusions WAY out of no where.

EDIT

Found link:

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/
    Thank you for the find. It lines up with the commercials date and I guess the overall view of a blackout.