Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If this is the kind of contribution we expect from you, dont bother posting. People are free to offer constructive feedback without being considered haters. He already says he is a huge fan and enjoyed playing the game.
    To be fair, the first 4 threads that InfiniteRetro posted in the GW2 subforum were all locked. He's pretty good at saying how much he hates the game but veiling it in just enough "I like the game" that he only got infracted once in those 4 threads because they weren't seen as game bashing.

Not saying this thread is or isn't, as I have no desire to comment on his threads anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those threads were locked specifically because of the Original content but due to A) a repeat thread or B) a deterioration in to a flame war all of which is because people cant take criticism of a game.

This shouldn't be about the actual OP but about what he has to say, thats how topics remain on topic and not get derailed by comments like nerds.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I haven't seen this in WoW, or in Guild Wars 1, or in City of Heroes. It's also worth noting that the "standard" way of playing for a majority of players is to play with both hands - one on the keyboard and one on the mouse. I have never found this to be uncomfortable, with proper posture. It's also worth noting that if you really want to just sit back and play using only one hand, you can take your hand off the keyboard and mouse-turn while also holding down both the left and right mouse buttons, and you'll run forward.
    Euhm, Guild Wars 1 had click to run, I think wow had aswell at some point, never played city of heroes tough

None of those threads were locked specifically because of the Original content but due to A) a repeat thread or B) a deterioration in to a flame war all of which is because people cant take criticism of a game.

This shouldn't be about the actual OP but about what he has to say, thats how topics remain on topic and not get derailed by comments like nerds.
    Hardly derailed, and completely on topic. This character has made a slew of GW2 videos completely trashing the game, and the people who like it. Insults, vulgarity, you name it. All these posts here on mmo-c are copy pasted on every single popular mmo site, as well as on twitter, facebook, and whatever else. Every-single-site-I-use he is on it, same arguments and same trolling nonsense.

Just sick of seeing it, and you will to in do time.

They were not repeat threads, and I don't know why you're surprised that titles like "Maybe PVE Should Just Be Removed" resulted in 'flame wars'.

Deleted
    Sound like he tries to play game like any other MMO (only following hearts & personal story without exploring the world and wonders why he is low level for story). If you don't want to/can't dodge you also can use boons/conditions: Immobilized, Blind, Fear, Aegis etc

Also: Pickynerd has a point, if OP is the youtuber he says OP is, month video titles on youtube do not really support his "constructive way" of talking. (bear in mind, this is not the place to talk about other sites, just linking this as reference)
    • Guild Wars 2 Is NOT The Innovation They Claimed
    • The Utter Ruination Of Guild Wars 2. No Recovery From This Infinite Ownage
    • Fuck Off Guild Wars 2 Fucking Gimps
    • Guild Wars 2 Review -1/10
    • Guild Wars 2 Is Fucking Dogshit Compared To ArcheAge
    • Proof Guild Wars 2 Will Be Pay To Win
    • ArcheAge Can, Guild Wars 2 Can't - Underwater
    • Guild Wars 2 - The Hard Truth feat. bremstone
    • Guild Wars 2 Will Ship Incomplete, Have To Buy Rest Of Map & 2 Races
    • Guild Wars 2 BEST Feature - Arenanet Are Gods
    • The First True Custom Class System - ArcheAge Win, Guild Wars 2 Fail
    • Do NOT Buy & Support Guild Wars 2
    • Guild Wars 2 Becoming Pay To Play?
    • Bells Palsy Wars 2 Can't Even Beat WoW Tech
    • Guild Wars 2 Is Suffering Down Syndrome...Seek Help...
    • How Much Fail Dynamic Events Are In Bells Palsy Wars 2
    • Lying About Skills & Weapons In Fraud Wars 2
    • Apparently I Terrorise & Cause AIDS According To GW2 People
    • I Want My Fucking Money Back Fraudnet
    That was only first page... there is more of this.

It is always good to talk about things that could be done better, specialy when we are on testing phase, but he seems so unhappy about anything that I will just quote this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaile Gray, (GW2 Support Liaison)
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-28 at 09:30 AM.

We get it you don't like the game, you can move on from it now. Or if it makes you feel better point on the teddy bear where the charr touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Also: Pickynerd has a point
    I see no evidence that they're the same people, and Pickynerd provided none.

Disagree with most points.

Combat:
    Controls feel good, and you got both hands on the keyboard? Wut? Its very doable to play with one hand on the mouse and another on the keyboard. Thats how gaming works these days, point and click is outdated. You're faster and capable of better play this way.

Enemy Strength:
    They do more then just "hit hard". And you can do a lot more then just dodge to stay alive. CCs, knockbacks, gap-openers, block, parry, defensive magic, heals, various debuffs (blind, weakness), various boons (Aegis, protection).
    If all you did was dodge, and as you said in the Combat part "...i simply ended up standing there". I'd say you are doing it wrong.

Scaling on some events is off, but thats what beta is for, to balance. The giant in Nagelin (or whatever) comes to mind, that AoE stomps in 360degrees around him for 80% of your health. With range of 900, every 2seconds. Madness.

World Exploration:
    Personal story is an extra, and it also leads you into new zones. So simply "scaling up" doesnt work when getting there is almost impossible. The maingame is the events. Exp gain is a bit off sometimes, and if you have badluck and miss DE's you can end up underleveld.

Utility tiers:
    Hate is all i feel. Dumbest change ive seen so far, it serves no good and only impedes players. Especially if you play an Engineer and your weapon kits are your weapons, its like not getting Greatsword on Warrior till lv20.

Graphics:
    Personal opinion. I quite like them. World looks good too, im not here to hold a microscope to the textures im here to kill that big thing with 4 horns.

Deleted
    I haven't seen this in WoW, or in Guild Wars 1, or in City of Heroes. It's also worth noting that the "standard" way of playing for a majority of players is to play with both hands - one on the keyboard and one on the mouse. I have never found this to be uncomfortable, with proper posture. It's also worth noting that if you really want to just sit back and play using only one hand, you can take your hand off the keyboard and mouse-turn while also holding down both the left and right mouse buttons, and you'll run forward.
    GW1 has click to move, in fact you are adviced to use it in high-end pvp.

Yeah those click2move stuff is funny.
    As I started with Tera I learned that a friend of mine which I played WoW with for almost 3 years, used this control scheme the whole time and I never noticed it.
    She was a little bit frustrated as Tera doesn't have this kind of play option which she felt was far superior to wasd+mouse.
    I just couldn't believe it. She was raiding (HM too) t4-12 without any trouble.

But it's only a question of getting used to it I suppose.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-06-28 at 10:39 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Love how people think you need to spend hours and hours playing a game before you are eligible for an opinion on the game.
    Yes your character might get better, level up, gain new abilities and stuff but that just means your character gets better. Doesnt make the game any better, you get a feel of a game within minutes and after a couple of quests you know what the quests are like in the game...
    The first reply was like, so what you played 5 hours?! As though thats a bad thing? lol

I played for like 2 hours and that was enough for me, was way bored by that time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Hardly derailed, and completely on topic. This character has made a slew of GW2 videos completely trashing the game, and the people who like it. Insults, vulgarity, you name it. All these posts here on mmo-c are copy pasted on every single popular mmo site, as well as on twitter, facebook, and whatever else. Every-single-site-I-use he is on it, same arguments and same trolling nonsense.

Just sick of seeing it, and you will to in do time.
    Your not the forum police, if you think his comments are wrong dissect them, if you think hes trolling report him, its not up to you to come in to threads and post unhelpful comments warning us off a fellow poster. I happen to agree with quite a large majority of what he says, he also seems fairly reasonable, uh oh, now im a forum police, irony.

Even GW1 had click to move option, what are you guys talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen this in WoW
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Look, everyone has different tastes in games. This guy says that he wanted GW2 to be that game for him, but was left dissapointed from the betas. Now i don't know if he liked it or did not, but the fact remains that he doesn't like about anything with the game as of now. We can sit here and say to him whatever he wants to, but he will not change his opinion because of previous threads he has made.

You obviously wish combat to be WoW-ish where you just stand on spot and spam your rotation. If you think that's fun then so be it. GW2's combat wasn't made to be like that. A giant Ettin hits you with his club and you expect to take minimal damage just because you have heavy armor? It doesn't make any sense. You should feel the need to move around, use your abilities to succeed in combat. I mean, I personally could take down 3 mobs at a time because i know that if they are side-to-side of eachother, i will hit all three if im in melee range. Greatsword on warrior was great and only places i died as a warrior was when i was overwhelmed by 6 or more mobs focusing me in large events.

The only reason they have made such huge differences in personal story and your lvl after previous personal story mission is that so you can enjoy the game while you lvl. In GW2 there is no need to rush to lvl 80 as you receive nothing special from it and therefore you should take your time and enjoy your way to the next mission. If you could complete all the missions in go, where would be the fun in that? I have to agree on one point though, lvl differences in zones seems to be off.

Now for the rest of the point, it's all personal preferences and I won't spend my time trying to convince you on something. I can say that i don't agree, but you know what you like, just don't bash games like you did in previous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I see no evidence that they're the same people, and Pickynerd provided none.
    The "baldatgames" is called "infiniteretro", the OP is called infiniteretro. Do the search, see the videos, see how the youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/BaldAtGames?feature=watch .

If they are not the same people I feel sorry that the OP shares his name with such a douche.

The fact that he also mentions "archage" - a game that "baldatgames" CONSTANTLY talks about, pretty much confirms it is him. Baldatgames has an addiction to an as yet unreleased game and an incredible bias.

For those that are interested, "archeage" is a simple, typical formula MMO made in CryEngine 2.0 with some flavoursome additions like player built housing, naval warfare.

It would seem this baldatgames is trying to get people who are interested in GW2 to instead be interested in archeage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Your not the forum police, if you think his comments are wrong dissect them, if you think hes trolling report him, its not up to you to come in to threads and post unhelpful comments warning us off a fellow poster. I happen to agree with quite a large majority of what he says, he also seems fairly reasonable, uh oh, now im a forum police, irony.
    Never said I was the forum police, nor are you. Problem is he is not being constructive, more on the lines of destructive, trying to be argumentative. I agree with some of the things he says, but it quickly goes off into the deep end. You try and discus it, and it will lead to insults, or putting words into your mouth. The game is far from perfect, so is any other game for that matter, but ffs if you hate it, don't play it. If you are unhappy with it use the Official forums and complain about it. Just don't try and convince the whole world to be as unhappy like he is.

@Delias, watch a video, he introduces himself as Infiniteretro, or just Google the name, and see what pops up first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    The "baldatgames" is called "infiniteretro", the OP is called infiniteretro. Do the search, see the videos, see how the youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/BaldAtGames?feature=watch .

If they are not the same people I feel sorry that the OP shares his name with such a douche.

The fact that he also mentions "archage" - a game that "baldatgames" CONSTANTLY talks about, pretty much confirms it is him. Baldatgames has an addiction to an as yet unreleased game and an incredible bias.

For those that are interested, "archeage" is a simple, typical formula MMO made in CryEngine 2.0 with some flavoursome additions like player built housing, naval warfare.

It would seem this baldatgames is trying to get people who are interested in GW2 to instead be interested in archeage.
    Wow everybody and their mother is making an MMO these days... I've never even heard of Archeage...

And just to lend my voice as well I'm sick of seeing this guy infiltrating everything GW2... I've seen you on the beta forums where you were particularly rude to the development team themselves, on Tyrian Assembly, youtube, here, we get it you don't like the game, you don't need to keep reminding us everyday. The game is nearly out I don't see what change you think you're gonna effect other than to piss people off, especially when you keep spamming the same points over and over.