Would TOR been better F2play?

Before you insult. Keep in mind I have played since beta and past that. It made me wonder though. Guild Wars 2 has a model where you pay for EXTRA EXP for an hour. Depending on how the person played. They could have easily priced Legacy Perks. For example instead of paying 30k for an extra 2 percent experience.

Why not charge 5 dollars for it or even ten dollars for complete package that gave massive perks. Guild Wars 2 is doing that. Instead of using that money as a credits sinkhole they could do away with the whole sub there and start charging people in mirco mange. Also they would be able to keep their sub numbers a secret.

Warcraft offered mirco manging for things like faction transfer. Char Move. Char Re-cusom and they tripled the profits. A pay per month model is outdated. People can easily complain if they feel they are not getting enough. However with a Pay as you go.

They could easily turn legacy perks untill perks you can buy outright. I'm assuming it can be real affordable then they could slowly increase the prices. In any case this July they are offering people FREE TO PLAY untill level 17. So no more having to get that 7 day pass.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-star-w...5-228707.phtml

When transfers are settling in and the subscribers level stay the same and not declining we are going to see micro transactions. you can bet on that. Bioware is now trying to undo the damage that was done with the to early release and opening to much servers. Again when things has settled down we will see micro transactions.

Deleted
    Of course not , silly you for thinking such a stupid thing.

Wasnt there a topic on this subject already anyways ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Of course not , silly you for thinking such a stupid thing.

Wasnt there a topic on this subject already anyways ?

yeah please not another F2P topic that'll eventually boil down to "your game sucks it should go F2P" Vs "no it shouldnt, more content with a sub" the other ones have finally subsided

Deleted
    why not B2P with DLCs for the contentpatches or even like the good old times in add ons?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could ask me this question regarding every single MMO on the market atm, and the answer would be the same.

Yes, definitely.

In my opinion, the p2p model is very outdated, and a f2p/b2p/freemium type of model is a lot better for both the developers and the customers if done right.

There's a few things that should be kept in mind though. Nothing in the cash shop should give a power advantage over other players. This is how GW1 and GW2 does it. Also WOW's cash shop only sells cosmetic items. There's nothing wrong with that imo. If people want to pay some money to look better, why not? I've bought some costumes in DCUO myself, and some stuff in the gw1 cash shop.

Stuff like XP buffs seems fine as well, since, yes, you'll level faster, but it doesn't really give you a real advantage of other players.

Overall, with WOW being the giant that it is, I can't see any other MMO getting to their full potential with a subscription fee.

I believe its only a question of time till it goes f2p. I think they have already reached the point where f2p would be more profitable. I just really really hope micropayment involves only cosmetic stuff, otherwise I'll be out and that would make me sad because I really like the game. even more than in the beginning.

Deleted
    Would TOR been better F2play?

NO!

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a 20 page thread discussion on this feel free to discuss it there, closing this one.