Selling PSE without any Firmware Updates...Does that add value?

So, I built a custom built PC last year and haven't touched my PS3 since. It is collecting dust in my basement and I'd like to sell it now (vs. when the next gen hit and its value drops).

There was the whole fiasco of Sony updating the firmware to prevent other OS from being installed on the device. I have not updated my PS3 to that version of the firmware, so mine still has the option of 'Installing another OS'

Does this add any value to my PS3?

To some people that want that it may ( if it's hard to find ). But to most of the population it really wouldn't.

To some dedicated people yes, it does. Because you can just download games instead of buying them. However for the rest of the population they just want to put their game in and play, nothing else.

Makes sense....just searching for any reason to make my PS3 stand out among the numerous for sale on eBay.

Definitely does stand out, but only to a small select population of gamers, still worth a try IMO as long as you dont put "can play pirated games" etc in your ebay post cause ebay will take it down lol.