Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The only thing I dislike is that it isn't avaliable in Sweden. Actually, Google have made it extremely hard to even import one. Meh. Guess I'll have to wait. I believe someone pointed out that the microUSB can be used for storage?

Edit: (Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6054/g...-7-mini-review)
    Unfortunately I found out that mounting USB storage will not be supported natively. In addition MHL is not supported.

Does anyone know how good the audio output is on this thing? My main issue with my iPhone 4 is that the output doesn't do my Grados justice. I'm considering getting a Fiio E10 to go along with a new "multi-media device" where the audio output is on-par with my Xonar DX (or at least within the same region).

Edit:
    Found it. It uses a Realtek ALC 5640, seemingly a new chip.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-07-01 at 11:17 AM.

I want a new ipad, higher resolution and smart siri, expect ios6 system iphone come out early.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-03 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan605 View Post
    I want a new ipad, higher resolution and smart siri, expect ios6 system iphone come out early.
    The new Ipad does not have Siri, it will get it when iOS 6 is released however.

On topic. I have the new iPad and can honestly say using it has been the most pleasant experience I have ever had with a piece of electronics in my life. Now I'm definitely no Apple fanboy, as I used Android for the last 3 years or so first with the moto droid, then the Droid X then the Galaxy Nexus which I traded on Craigslist for an iPhone 4 about 3 weeks ago because I had so many problems with it. All three phones gave me headaches.

When it came time to choosing a tablet I went out and bought the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime and an iPad 2 (about three weeks before the new iPad was announced) for a side by side comparison with the intention of keeping the one I liked more. I didn't use the Prime for more than 15 minutes before boxing it up and returning it. I liked the iPad so much I gave the iPad 2 to my wife and bought the 3rd gen 3 weeks later. What people need to realize is it doesn't matter what has better specs on paper but was has the most pleasant end user experience. Android, while not a bad OS, is ran on literally hundreds of devices and cannot be optimized for all of them. As a result, it's plagued with bugs and glitches that really effect my user experience. I'm not saying iOS is perfect, and there are still things I miss on my old Galaxy Nexus, but there is a reason every time a new phone or tablet comes out it's put against the iPad/iPhone and there's also a reason why Apple devices always prevail.

After three years of headaches with Android devices I'm loving my iOS devices and I don't think I'll be looking back.
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    For the arguments "it's not competing against the iPad", it is. It may be indirectly but it still is. A tablet is a tablet which is exactly why the Kindle Fire does so good. A lot of people are not willing to spend 500 dollars on a tablet but 200 dollars is much more feasible. While it isn't an iPad or even a Kindle killer it will most definitely make a strong move on both.

FWIW I have an iPad 2 and a Galaxy Nexus phone and love both. I would like to buy a Nexus 7 to compliment my phone but I can't justify having two tablets.
    id have to agree with this. if i was in the tablet market though, i would get the nexus 7 for sure though. coming from someone with a tablet, they arent 500$ good yet, even the ipad which is undoubtedly the top in the class. 200$ is a great price for this kind of product though. i did find my ICS tablet alot less useful since i got the htc evo lte, but at 200$ its still a great price that makes you think you want one.

also keep in mind, android vs ios IMO are 2 completely different beasts. one is a polished fast, but locked down experience. android is open-source, hackable in a legal way, and very powerful. tablets can make very good use out of quad core cpus as well.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-07-03 at 08:37 AM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

For the arguments "it's not competing against the iPad", it is. It may be indirectly but it still is.
    Market share.

For myself, the lack of microSD is a game-breaker.
    I agree. I think instead of pricing 16gb at $250, Google should price it as 8gb+microSD @$250. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    With the announcement of the new Nexus Tablet by Google, I'm weighing the option of selling the new iPad we have to get one of these. The specs aren't all too impressive, but the pricetag is pretty tasty. Thoughts?

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl..._head-to-head/

This is an AU site, but should have a good view on specifics.

Nexus: https://www.google.com/nexus/#/7
    iPad: http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Major downside for me with the Nexus tablet that I can see so far is lack of mobile access. But with a micro USB slot it might be possible to tether to my 4g device.
    the fact it is android already makes it better...but it all depends what you want to do with it. I always tell people trying to decide, is that if you want something you can highly customize to your personal taste, then get android. if you want something thats bright, shiny, has bubbly icons, talks to you in a robotic voice (which by the way is far inferior to Jellybeans new voice app http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDsOt...eature=related ) and cant do half the things android can do then go apple.

also, why do a wired tether? Depending on your 4g device and whether its rooted or not you can wireless tether. It really made my day when one of my coworkers got his brand new ipad and was bragging about it to me (he hates android). Then he was saying "i wish i had wifi here id show you more". So i slapped my GNex on the table and said try now.

Am i bias? of course, so my advice my not be the best. But of course i will be more bias to the superior platform.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    There is no comparison here, at all. iPad is suppose to be a powerhouse tablet where as the Nexus 7 is aimed more towards the e-reader market. I will be buying an 8gb model just for that reason, sure the battery life isn't as long as say a Kindle but it can do more then just read books, can skype with it, browse the web and even play some games. I really don't want it for much more then that.
    you can actually do what you want with the Kindle after rooting and reflashing.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    For myself, the lack of microSD is a gamebreaker.
    unfortunately, everything is going this way. People love their cloud shit. Too bad those same people always have some type of data access. For someone like me who travels a lot. i need to have everything. That is the one thing i do not like about my GNex, but it still has 32gb and thats enough for me.

All my music is on...yea...my iPod lol. It is purpose built for just that tho and i dont do anything else with it.

Ive actually been really following this tab just because it is not huge and nor is the price. Part of that is also a downsize as the screen is only just over 2 inches larger than my GNex, so what would i really be gaining? Extra storage and battery life i suppose. Jellybean is amazing too. it is so smooth. I actually flashed the early beta release on my GNex for a short time to try it out and it is great. Went back to my other ICS rom tho just because i have everything the way i want it at the moment.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2012-07-19 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Selling the newest Ipad you currently own only to buy another tablet in different category, lower end but still an incredibly good product, sounds like a bad idea unless you really need the cash asap.

Others claiming these are direct competitors: They are not. Comparisons might not be accurate, but just like Ferrari and Audi are both extremely competent car manufacturers, both pushing high quality products to the larger car market, they target different segments of consumers, just like the 7" and 10~" tablets target different consumers.
    Will the Nexus be incapable of doing things the iPad can? Unlikely. Will it deliver the same extremely smooth performance? Absolutely. Yet the difference in screen size is still an important one nonetheless, aside from the perception that the iPad would be a high-end 'luxury' product, while the Nexus is one of those insane value-for-money items.
    They will still appeal to different segments of the tablet-market.

Depending on what you need (in terms of OS, design, usage, potential to carry it in your coat pockets), both the iPad and the Nexus will not disappoint you. I'd still get an iPad if money is not an issue because I like reading newspapers, manga and webpages on the device. The bigger the screen (to some extent), the more comfortable for these kind of applications.

While I love my Android smartphone, and would never even think about getting an iOS one, the much cited "If you want customization, get Android" is overrated. How many people actually customize their phone/tablet to the extent that they actually rely on the type of customizations? It's all good being technologically adept, but making this your USP is not going to cut it, especially with the ridiculously low profit margins on the hardware of the Nexus, especially when it will also be sold through a distribution network. Sure, the device is designed to have you buy software, but we all know how we get our software on an Android device .
    Just saying. People like Android for different reasons than the customization thing. Like the above poster mentions "iOS can't do half of what Android does". While we're throwing arbitrary numbers out of the window: 95% of tablet/phone buyers don't need any of that.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-07-24 at 09:54 PM.

I had the new iPad and swapped it for the Nexus (I messed up my order so I'm still waiting for it to come). The main reason I swapped was that I just could not get used to the handling of the iOS. I just don't like it, plain and simple. I tried to like it and I took it on a few trips with it by my side, but it just felt too big and cumbersome from a hardware perspective.

I'm synced with Android on my phone, and the 25.00 gift card with the device was a nice touch. In the end I saved roughly 250 bucks. So not all too bad.

No SD card slot and several build quality issues with Nexus7 made me not buy one. Instead I got really cheap second-hand Asus Transformer (cheaper than the retail price of new N7) for the pad itch.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    No SD card slot and several build quality issues with Nexus7 made me not buy one. Instead I got really cheap second-hand Asus Transformer (cheaper than the retail price of new N7) for the pad itch.
    I dont see what the build quality issues are but the idea behind the nexus is that it's a major developer device and you can count on it being supported by newer software for a long time.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I dont see what the build quality issues are
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...plaints-google
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    The only thing I dislike is that it isn't avaliable in Sweden. Actually, Google have made it extremely hard to even import one. Meh. Guess I'll have to wait. I believe someone pointed out that the microUSB can be used for storage?

Edit: (Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6054/g...-7-mini-review)
    Apparently it's getting launched this September, in Scandinavia.

Does anyone know how good the audio output is on this thing? My main issue with my iPhone 4 is that the output doesn't do my Grados justice. I'm considering getting a Fiio E10 to go along with a new "multi-media device" where the audio output is on-par with my Xonar DX (or at least within the same region).

Edit:
    Found it. It uses a Realtek ALC 5640, seemingly a new chip.[/QUOTE]
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Im pretty sure there's USB OTG Support for audio in jellybean. I'll try that on my phone and report.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."