Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Loch Ness Monster Disproves Evolution Taught in State Funded Schools

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1623533.html

I love being from Louisiana, the fun never stops, we are now using state funds to send public school children in "failing" public schools to private schools to learn this kind of crap. No wonder we're last in education...

Also, this post is aimed towards the discussion of Nessie being used to disprove evolution and how it is wrong to use state funds to support it, and not to bash any religion for believing or not believing in the Loch Ness monster.
    Last edited by BreakingBad420; 2012-06-28 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I read about this.

Mind. Blown.

I fear any and all reason will be gone from people soon enough, so that no intelligent discussion or debate can ever be had and we'll all fall into another dark age in blissfull ignorance of our own stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least not all Christians are like/believe things like that or the world would be really screwed :S

Deleted
    Even if the myth of the Loch Ness monster was true, that still wouldn't disprove the theory of evolution, it would have no predators and wouldn't have any reason to evolve through natural selection. Damn, I feel sorry for you.

Not one drop of respect or tolerance will ever be given to people who lie to brainwash children. Not from me, anyway.

Even IF the loch ness monster existed it wouldnt disprove anything about evolution. If an ecosystem allowed a remnant of the dinosaurs to exist and gave it no pressure to change then it wouldnt do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like to point out that these are Fundamentalist Schools. Which are not the same as Christian Schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't be so bad if the state wasn't funding and sending children into these schools using a "lottery" voucher program. Grats you won the lottery, enjoy believing in Nessie while everyone else gets an actual education.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    At least not all Christians are like/believe things like that or the world would be really screwed :S
    yeah, only enough christians believe it to make america a laughing stock
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Just like to point out that these are Fundamentalist Schools. Which are not the same as Christian Schools.
    It's a fundamentalist Christian school program.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad420 View Post
    This wouldn't be so bad if the state wasn't funding and sending children into these schools using a "lottery" voucher program. Grats you won the lottery, enjoy believing in Nessie while everyone else gets an actual education.
    Just because you're taught something doesn't necessarily mean you end up believing it.
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

people like these are also roaming online forums and spread their false information like its the holy grail or something...
    the downside to the broad availability of the internet...

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 10:36 PM ----------

Just because you're taught something doesn't necessarily mean you end up believing it.
    its not a 100% quote of people believing that stuff, but even 10% would already be alarmingly high :/

Louisiana's school policies are all over the place, Jindal is retarded, uniform policies are retarded, After I got out of highschool apparently they started sending kids to the same school for lunch, bussing entire schools of kids to one single school, in the northern half of the state. "To save money" instead of closing down the 20 bazillion schools they have up there withing 5 miles of each other, and making one big school. They tried to make my sister walk 2 miles to a bus stop because they started splitting bus routes by grade, even though a bus route came right to her doorstep but she wasn't even allowed to ride it to a closer bus stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, welcome to living in the South. It sucks.

American education at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, these people are using an unproven myth to counter a scientifically backed theory - which might as well be a law by now - and are teaching it to children. If we could, let's avoid the religious angle and discuss what is the biggest travesty here, which is that this is being supported by the state. I understand that there have to be state rights, but I feel like public schools, or schools that receive government funding in some way, should be held to the same curriculum across the board. Let the private educational institutions teach what they want, but when it comes to public education, there has to be standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was already posted (and locked).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    It's a fundamentalist Christian school program.
    I know. But generalizing ALL Christian schools do this isn't really fair. That's all I meant.

You can't justify teaching nonsense to children by saying "well, they might not end up believing it anyway!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Grade school children are highly likely to believe in things they are taught by adults, especially when given no alternative source of information. I'm sure you believed in just about everything you were taught in your science classes correct? I mean, why wouldn't you?

And you're correct Olianda, a very small portion of christian schools teach this sort of crap. Sorry for the generalization.