Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i'll stick with beef pork and chickens , and frog sushi still isnt as disgusting as bacon with icecream that poped in other threads ^^
    You must be joking right?
    I won't take into your bait...

Anyways, this is just inhumane. Sickening.

And yes, rather bacon and ice cream (who says it isn't tasty?) than this.

I think there is something wrong with you. (sorry nothing personal, sorry, but I think that)

Deleted
    Is there actually a need for that frog to be alive throughout this?
    I.e - is there any specific reason the poor thing wasnt killed first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cravendale View Post
    No....no just sickos..... (not generalizing, but I mean the people at that particular restuarant)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No....no just sickos..... (not generalizing, but I mean the people at that particular restuarant)
    I did suspect that, but was hoping someone could give me a reason that may restore a little faith in humanity for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    yeah you hypocrits rather eat your faceless meat, because that was never a living being, right?
    the frog is dead it´s only the nerves that make it wiggle around, just like eating something like this
    There's no hipocrisy in wanting something dead, cooked and if possible without it's head blinking at you in a plate as you eat it.
    The way that is prepared is terrible and excruciantingly painful for the short time the frog is alive.

"Faceless meat" as you call it is put down fast and painlessly, then processed.
    So yeah it feels much better better throwing a steak on the grill I know belonged to something that didn't see death coming, than watching someone cut a cow in half without severing it's spine and handing you beef out of that ordeal.

Deleted
    Well, you just succeeded in making a pregnant lady never want to eat again for fear of barfing.
    Thats quite the achievement!

In seriousness, thats utterly wrank, that poor frog
    I'm sorry to hear that but it's ok as long as you don't eat japanese. Congratulations on future baby

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 09:58 PM ----------

To show that it's so fresh it's still alive.

Well, you just succeeded in making a pregnant lady never want to eat again for fear of barfing.
    The baby saw it from the womb and is like

[img]http://ecqoc.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/meme_me_gusta.jpg?w=620[img]

Infracted: No meme images, please.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-06-28 at 09:12 PM.

Looks chewy.

I honestly don't think I'd eat it, but really. If an animal was going to eat you, you'd be lucky to die before it started, and that would probably involve suffocation from a crushed throat or lungs filling with blood. Or depending on your age/size being shaken around until your neck is broken.

Chances are that death isn't nearly as painful as one it would get from a predator in the wild. Humans are animals, too. And while we do have the choice to end something's life painlessly, that really rarely happens in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying you should go torture some animals to death or anything of the sort. But to those who are disgusted by this and believe those who do this are 'monsters' or 'sick', just try to imagine how that frog would have died had it lived it's life naturally and really what the chance of that is in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that but it's ok as long as you don't eat japanese. Congratulations on future baby

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 09:58 PM ----------

To show that it's so fresh it's still alive.
    Thank you very much, kind of you to say

And yeah, I get the freshness thing but things like Lobster are picked out fresh and then prepared / killed / boiled alive...people don't question that they are any less fresh. To be honest though, im not sure why I even asked as no reason someone could give me could justify that barbaric act anyways.

i'm pretty adventurous when it comes to eating, but i would definitely demand my frog cooked! sushi heresy i know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I wonder what it tastes like
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau View Post
    I honestly don't think I'd eat it, but really. If an animal was going to eat you, you'd be lucky to die before it started, and that would probably involve suffocation from a crushed throat or lungs filling with blood. Or depending on your age/size being shaken around until your neck is broken.

Chances are that death isn't nearly as painful as one it would get from a predator in the wild. Humans are animals, too. And while we do have the choice to end something's life painles.
    You make good points, I'll keep them in mind if I ever revert into something along the lines of a kodiak bear.

Those who are disgusted by this would also be disgusted by watching a lion eat a person, we're not that kind of animal.

Knowing and understanding what that kind of pain means we can't bring ourselves to inflict pain like it even if we have to eat it to live (mostly), but that video shows what not only isn't needed for survival, but also a cruel 'preparation'.

That's just sick.

Making a poor creature suffer like that...

Then again, this is coming from the people that cut through a monkey's head and ate its brain while it was still living, so I am not entirely surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    You make good points, I'll keep them in mind if I ever revert into something along the lines of a kodiak bear.

Those who are disgusted by this would also be disgusted by watching a lion eat a person, we're not that kind of animal.

Knowing and understanding what that kind of pain means we can't bring ourselves to inflict pain like it even if we have to eat it to live (mostly), but that video shows what not only isn't needed for survival, but also a cruel 'preparation'.
    Tbh. I wouldn't be disgusted by seeing lion eating a man at all, but killing that frog disgusts me, what does that make me?

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    the people that cut through a monkey's head and ate its brain while it was still living
    -1 Faith in Humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Tbh. I wouldn't be disgusted by seeing lion eating a man at all, but killing that frog disgusts me, what does that make me?
    It would make you.. Bender?

I know my opinion may be a little strong and idiotic but I think that is slightly cruel and unnecessary.

I can understand eating animals but have the decency to give them a quick and easy death before you butcher them and harvest their innards, eating them alive is quite horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's just sick.

Making a poor creature suffer like that...

Then again, this is coming from the people that cut through a monkey's head and ate its brain while it was still living, so I am not entirely surprised.
    my uncle deals with business affairs, particularly in japan.

a lot of the times during a business meeting, he's 'forced' to eat the brain of a monkey, unless he wants to be found as unprofessional and disrespectful. my uncle's a brave man. :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    my uncle deals with business affairs, particularly in japan.

a lot of the times during a business meeting, he's 'forced' to eat the brain of a monkey, unless he wants to be found as unprofessional and disrespectful. my uncle's a brave man. :S
    Dude...what?

I cannot fathom cutting into and eating the still bleeding organs of another creature. I don't think I have the stomach for that video. Imagine if the frog was just STARING at you the whole time.

Gah, I couldn't even dissect stuff in high school...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Different culture I guess.

Couldn't see myself eating a living animal under any normal circumstances though. Not because I am against it or anything, mostly because I don't want to eat something that's moving.

I love Sushi and some food prepared raw, but I just couldn't stomach eating something that moves.

Might be a soft spot in my heart for frogs because of my child hood, but I think it's kind of cruel to have animals (that can feel pain) go through any sort of pain for an extended period of time. As gruesome as skinning dogs/cats is in my mind I wouldn't feel nearly as bad if these places tried to limit the pain that these animals suffer, but nope, a lot skin them alive and they slowly die over an extended period of time.

Frogs feel pain and I think this is kind of barbaric. You should limit the pain suffered by living things, especially when it's relatively easy to do so.