Hard Drive Problem

Hello MMO-champ
    I recently built my computer, however I have ran into a problem twice now.
    I have a SSD for my OS and WoW, and I have a HDD for everything else. All programs on the HDD are now coming up with the message "Open file - Security Warning" when I try to load them. Some of them work when I click run, and some don't.
    This has happened once when I installed Utorrent and again today when I installed Steam.
    I tried restoring to the previous day last time but it didn't work, in the end I had to format the HDD which resolved the issue.
    Now I would rather not do that again as I don't have my friends external HDD to transfer to (and i'd rather not buy one).
    I've been able to remove the message from appearing but programs like Diablo 3 still wont load. (I did this using http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html)

I'd love it if anyone could help me.

Few things to check here:

1. Are you running your system as a guest? Running a non-admin account?
    2. When you right click the program's shortcut and go to the properties, what do you see for the target file location? Just go ahead and pick a random program that isn't working and paste the location here.
    3. What type of anti-virus program are you using?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

1. I am the only account on the system and it's admin
    2. "E:\Programs\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" (this is where all my HDD programs are stored and they've worked fine for weeks"
    3. AVG anti-virus. I had this on my old PC and it never caused a problem like this.

Let's try this to rule out a few more things:

1. Right click your desktop, and create a new shortcut. Copy/paste that exact location you just posted, and try opening d3 with that. I'm wondering if somehow your shortcuts got globally wonky. This obviously will just create a new one with default settings.

2. Are you able to directly launch the game from within the d3 folder?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

1. Tried and failed.
    2. Nope, that was the first thing I tried.

I have also noticed that ventrilo doesn't save my guilds password anymore and I have to type it in every time I load it. It then tells me "Unable to create system registry key to save data" and then "Unable to write INI file."
    not sure if this is linked to my problem but I assume so ;S

Simple stuff first. Check the data and power connections. Unplug and replug. If problem persists try using different cables; preferably new. If neither of those things resolves issue do a full disc scan.

Open My Computer
    Right-click faulting drive
    Select "Properties."
    Click "Tools" tab.
    In Error Checking section click "Check Now"
    Check the box for "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

Be patient. It will probably take some time. After check reboot and try to run stuff.

If you are getting errors about being unable to write registry and ini files it sounds like a permission problem. If you right click on the program and 'Run as administrator' are you able to write these registry keys / ini files while using ventrilo?