Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Doesn't mean that tax payer money isn't being spent on terrible educations with religious dogma fueling it.
    And it doesn't mean that the state is giving money to schools with the intent that they teach a child this crap. But you only ever accept the worst points of a story like this anyway.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maztech View Post
    This doesn't make you angry? That religious people are teaching incorrent information to young people simply to further their own agendas?
    Doesn't make me angry enough to attack all religious people, no. I'm sorry, I grew out of that mentality in high school.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It's despicable how they blatantly lie to children to try to dismantle a theory that doesn't even disprove their religion. It's rather low, lying to convince yourself and others that you are right. And it's extremely ignorant. There are mountains of evidence for evolution, the only "gaps" in the theory are relatively insignificant details, nothing that could bring the entire theory down to its knees. It's been a strong theory for 150 years.

Schools should not be allowed to teach things that are not up to the scientific standards. Creationism, fictional monsters, these do NOT belong in a science class, and if I found out such bullshit was being taught where I was sending my kids, I'd be looking for a new school while raising hell about it.
    *Shhhh* we have to call it "Intelligent Design" or else the mods might get upset. Of course it was decided in a court of law (Kitzmiller v. Dover) that they're one in the same, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    And it doesn't mean that the state is giving money to schools with the intent that they teach a child this crap. But you only ever accept the worst points of a story like this anyway.
    Their intent is irrelevant. If it happens its unacceptable.

Or are you ok with public money going to groups like this to teach kids religious stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Doesn't make me angry enough to attack all religious people, no. I'm sorry, I grew out of that mentality in high school.
    So this whole education thing they have going is ok? Your just gonna let it slide and let them get on with it. This entire topic is an attack on religion because they're meddling in affairs they have no place in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    This was already posted (and locked).
    Aye. There's a number of reasons to close, not the least of which is the religious aspect. Religion is forbidden here, and there's no way a thread like this can go without insults being thrown around.