Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    "if X is worth having, X is worth needing".
    As this discussion pertains to Mists where the values of haste and mastery may each outweigh the value of crit, then, no, crit is not needed. I see this change to Inq as Blizzard saying, point blank, "Retribution Paladins do not need to gear for crit because their new found need for haste and mastery is that much greater." Now, I'm not saying this is definitive, but it is possible; if math eventually proves wrong my theories, so be it.

EDIT: I'd like to reiterate that my views and opinions are strictly for PvE; if you're saying that crit is till going to be important for PvP, I will agree with you one hundred percent.
    Last edited by Grognard; 2012-06-30 at 10:35 PM.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind every buff during beta is not really a buff as the entire spec is going to be tuned around it. This change just means Inquisition has a larger impact than it did before.

This also adds more baseline crit which in turn devalues crit relative to other secondary stats so I am rather confident in saying crit will be the least desired secondary stat moving forward unless mastery's value falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Keep in mind every buff during beta is not really a buff as the entire spec is going to be tuned around it. This change just means Inquisition has a larger impact than it did before.

This also adds more baseline crit which in turn devalues crit relative to other secondary stats so I am rather confident in saying crit will be the least desired secondary stat moving forward unless mastery's value falls off.
    Exactly. Barring, of course, a freak incident where the diminshing returns of cirt rating let us get up to nigh 50% before the curve gets too steep - but, hell, I'd enjoy that, too.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that troubles me now is that with crusader's zeal gone we wont have the glowing hands back

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    The only thing that troubles me now is that with crusader's zeal gone we wont have the glowing hands back
    Well if they ever take out Crusader's Zeal, I'd love to see them put glowing hands on Inquisition.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really did like this buff, I do hope crit gets love because I really do love it Even though I won't stack it compared to mastery/haste. But this change is very welcome

Yeah, while in Wotlk crit was retarded being stuck with 9-10% crit unbuffed is just dull, at the 4.0 patch I had ~30% crit which seemed like a fair amount to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Yeah, while in Wotlk crit was retarded being stuck with 9-10% crit unbuffed is just dull, at the 4.0 patch I had ~30% crit which seemed like a fair amount to me.
    and even then, that's when it was better than haste. This time around, MoP's first tier secondary stats are comparable to Cataclysm's last tier, so by the end of the expansion, it should end up somewhere between WotLK and Cataclysm, which is a good balance I think.