Thread: Score! Diablo 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There's a mod to play Diablo 1 in SC2, it's imported quite perfectly really, go check it out here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    There's a mod to play Diablo 1 in SC2, it's imported quite perfectly really, go check it out here!
    Think your definition of perfect is quite a fair bit different to the rest of us :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no better way to destroy epic games than by playing them decades after their launches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is no better way to destroy epic games than by playing them decades after their launches.
    While in general I agree there are exceptions to the rule. Of course NES gaming, and on PC there's a few gems that haven't disappointed me almost 20 years after release, Betrayal at Krondor and UFO: Enemy Unknown being the most memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Think your definition of perfect is quite a fair bit different to the rest of us :P
    The only difference is the graphics right? Oh no wait the minimap as well, basically all the essentials are still there and it's a decent alternative. But I understand that I was not the most die hard of D1 players so it may not be acceptable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    Lmao @ the mature rating... I guess it's 'cause any kid under 15 could die laughing at the idea of windows 95 (I've come close myself a few times)
    It's probably because of all the bloodied crucifixes, pentagrams, and bare-breasted succubi. Back when Blizz was too small to care about being PC ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Diablo 1 is a Windows 95 game, dosbox won't do much.

I recently went back to Diablo for nostalgia reasons, and it reminded me why Diablo 1 was so good. It wasn't a crazy loot game like D3 is. The appeal of that game was just how dangerous the dungeons actually were, and trying to make your way through it all with friends.
    Last edited by Dezeria; 2012-06-29 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    My mother still has my D1 copy.

Yeah, not kidding. She's played more D1 (PS1) and D2 (PC) than I have - and let me tell you, I'm far from a snotgobbling kid, college (equivalent) was ages ago, so imagine how old she is... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, stop it ya'll, you're giving me nostalgia flashbacks!

Think I'm gonna have to play it some just because... It's on my shelf next to Quake in it's original packaging
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not trolling here but how is it special to get D1?

I mean you have been able to buy it for pretty much no money for 10 years!
    Well, it's not special in itself. But most people have forgotten about it and fail to realise that it still holds up just fine... I think that's what's special about it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Was playing piles of d1 and d2 in the weeks prior to d3 release.
    Ran fine with just about no problems, except needing to crash explorer sometimes for d1 graphics to not mess up.
    Lovely games they are, quite a legacy left behind there. Hope you can enjoy it.

You can play it under xp sp3 compatibility and 640x480 resolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol kindly tell your mum shes stupid because you can download it for free on the internet,i would provide the link but then again you have already payed for it so it would be wasted.

And i have windows 7 and it works perfectly fine for me,FREE GAMES FTW!

Deleted
    They should sell Diablo 1 on battle.net. Who cares if you need a few tricks to get it to work? Most of us know how to play DOS/Win3.1 games these days. I would pay a good 20 euros for Diablo 1 if I could it buy on battle.net.

If only I still had my CD. I don't even remember where it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Lol kindly tell your mum shes stupid because you can download it for free on the internet,i would provide the link but then again you have already payed for it so it would be wasted.

And i have windows 7 and it works perfectly fine for me,FREE GAMES FTW!
    Newsflash: every single piece of software has been "free" for as long as there's been a cable to connect two computers with. It's not "stupid" to pay for quality.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-06-29 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    D1 works fine on my w7 ultimate 64bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediator View Post
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and turn off explorer.exe.
    Run D1 and play it.
    Run explorer.exe after finishing your game.
    Easy as shit.
    I play AoE2 sometimes with this tactic on win7 64bit.
    Or run a VirtualBox XP install and play D1 and run D2 natively at the same time! DIABLOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Newsflash: every single piece of software has been "free" for as long as there's been a cable to connect two computers with. It's not "stupid" to pay for quality.
    Pretty sure he's referencing to Abandonware more so than obtaining software by torrents or other, potentially illegal, means. D1 likely falls into the Abandonware category but I'll likely never bother to ask Blizz to get a definite answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Pretty sure he's referencing to Abandonware more so than obtaining software by torrents or other, potentially illegal, means. D1 likely falls into the Abandonware category but I'll likely never bother to ask Blizz to get a definite answer.
    I'm pretty sure I'd know if Diablo 1 was "abandonware", as in the publishers no longer give a shit whether someone gets it for free or not. Diablo is an ongoing franchise owned by one of the biggest game houses in the world. I doubt their baby has been forgotten and made free in any way.

So no, you'd still have to pay for Diablo. I'm pretty sure. If not, feel free to point me to the official source where it can be downloaded from.

bahaha thats awesome.. i miss diablo1 and the slow walking.. the creepy cathedral.. and even more sinister barracks.. esp with the scary music and children laughing in the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    bahaha thats awesome.. i miss diablo1 and the slow walking.. the creepy cathedral.. and even more sinister barracks.. esp with the scary music and children laughing in the background.
    Someone find that clip on the interweb where that kid is coming around the corner on a trike and sees scary girls
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch