Page 1 of 2
LastLast

T14 Holy Bonuses

Item - Paladin T14 Holy 2P Bonus - Reduces the mana cost of your Holy Radiance spell by 10%.
    Item - Paladin T14 Holy 4P Bonus - Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell by 1 sec.

Pretty standard first tier of the expansion bonuses. Boring :/
    The 4p is pretty weak if you ask me, especially compared to resto shams.

I would bet that these will be reworked (at least the 4p) by release
    Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our 4 pc is a joke if it was current. I have not played on the Beta at all yet, but in its current state, that's just shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not pleased, the best bonuses are the resto druid ones imho.

Holy shock is significantly better on beta and used on cooldown, but I still feel that its rather weak for a 4p. 1 second CD reduction = slightly faster Holy Power generation = a few more free heals over the course of the fight. Paladin, priests, and druids get a small CD reduction to different heals while shamans and monks get improvements to their abilities. An extra proc of tidal waves is a pretty significant bonus, as well as another heal from chi wave. Both are definitely better than 1 second off of holy shock imo :/

Though I doubt it will matter much, pallies are generally op for the first tiers (who am I kidding, all tiers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Holy shock is significantly better on beta and used on cooldown, but I still feel that its rather weak for a 4p. 1 second CD reduction = slightly faster Holy Power generation = a few more free heals over the course of the fight. Paladin, priests, and druids get a small CD reduction to different heals while shamans and monks get improvements to their abilities. An extra proc of tidal waves is a pretty significant bonus, as well as another heal from chi wave. Both are definitely better than 1 second off of holy shock imo :/

Though I doubt it will matter much, pallies are generally op for the first tiers (who am I kidding, all tiers).
    I put my bet on monks being op for at least two tiers. Yes, I'm sure they wont be so stupidly broken like they are on beta right now but this is a new class they are releasing. They want players to test it so the best way to make someone reroll is making that class overpowered. If the wotlk launch has taught us anything, it is this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post

Monk's 4 piece bonus will be certainly replaced, Chi Wave is a talent now, I can't how a spec specific bonus would buff an optional talent.

2 set is okay but the 4 set is just meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if the set bonus is increased a little bit that it will be just fine. The other classes getting shortened cooldowns so far seem to be getting far more bang for their buck, especially when this bonus makes it so that Resto Druids only have to cast Swiftmend on CD to keep their Mastery at 100%.

Deleted
    Holy shock heals for quite a fair bit as it is now.

4pc will just make it harder to find a gcd for SH judge and CS ,,,

I hope that they are going to change it so that it becomes more like the resto shaman bonus with something added to the spell instead of reduced CD. Something along the lines of :

"Your Holy Shock has a 25% chance to cause your next Holy Shock not to trigger its cooldown."

Might be overpowered, but a pally can dream right
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Its tough to balance bonuses around holy shock because of what it ultimately is. Its our holy power generator, which gives us free heals. Buffing holy shock means that ultimately what we're getting is faster holy power generation leading to more free heals throughout the fight. Ultimately, that is better than what other classes get.

A 1 second cd reduction just feels clunky. You try to use holy shock on cooldown but reducing that cd by just 1 second makes it feel... I guess slightly clunky. Basically, holy shock no longer becomes a nice heal with a short cooldown, but an ability you have to use on cd. Like a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    In agreement here about resto druids. I do actually think the 4p isn't as bad as it might seem, Faster HS = more HP and also a better chance of HS being off cd for the new Daybreak benefits.

It's not that bad at all. Essentially a 15% reduction on the cooldown, which is pretty big, especially for an ability we want to use on cooldown.

The problem will be whether we feel like we're pressing the button too often. We hit Holy Shock and by the time the global is used up it will only be another 4 seconds to use other spells before we hit it again. That's not even enough for two casts of our other spells with the current haste slowdown for MoP. Basically every 1/3 healing button we press will be Holy Shock. Not bad in its own right as that's probably similar for many healers, but the problem lies with it not really being a choice. It's something you need to press.

I am interested to see how this 5 second Holy Shock with + 25% crit effects the 1% mana return on Holy Shock crit glyph. Surely the glyph will surpass the -% spirit based healing it suffers in some circumstances or what's the point in offering it at all?
    Last edited by Pasture; 2012-06-29 at 09:17 PM.

I agree that its not a bad 4p, but I still think that its weak. What about this

Your holy shocks have a 10% chance to cause your next holy shock casted within 10 seconds to generate 2 holy power

I think is a... lack of a better word, "fun" 4p. The proc chance could be adjusted so its in line with the other healers bonuses. Thoughts?

Atm we're Holy Power starved aren't we? I don't think its anything special but the reduced cd to our main source of Holy Power isn't so bad. Considering Holy Shock is going to be a bit more powerful then previously with its changes to crit etc.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It might not be so bad but I think it could be re-worked. The 2set is fine, I always like mana reduction Maybe put 4set around the lines of your Holy Shock reduces your next casting spell by X% I think that could be quite awesome

Ret T14 4 Piece question.
    I'm not seeing any reduction in time Built into the spec (Ret) so that means that every 1.5 min you can use Avenging Wrath or is it going to be shorter than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I don't see the vast difference between the two.

The bonuses are functionally quite similar:
    1) 10% cost reduction on an expensive spell that is spamable (as in no cd)

2) A CD reduction to a cheap single target spell that is often used on CD each with its own positive side effects (holy power/efflo heals, etc)

Priests are fairly similar too. Pretty much only the shaman and monk 4 pieces don't line up with the others.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-07-02 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    you guys are missing something: they need to introduce such "lame" bonuses because it's only the start of the expansion cycle. they need to have some leeway for the upcoming bonuses. from a design perspective it makes sense. doesn't mean it's a good bonus, but now we got something to look forward to for our 2PT15.