Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorth View Post
    That just means it's the worst over all class by representation, but that's not what the OP is asking: what is the worse spec in PvP?

In other words, that's showing Shamans in general; nothing separated. You don't think Resto Shamans are a large part of their representation? What about Warlocks, is Afflic not the large portion for their class either?

And why would Arms Warrior be the worse spec in Arenas when there are specs that struggle way more to break 2K or are simply unable to reach it? Before you start adding rules, what really makes a "PvP" spec? Just curious.

Is it one that's commonly accepted in PvP nowadays? Well, right now, Arms seems to be denied as a viable spec for Arenas by the majority non-stop.. so is it no longer a PvP spec?

This thread's just about the worse spec, simple question. No rules like that unless the OP states otherwise. So what's the worse spec, if you consider all of them?

(Not trying to start a fight, just making a point.. so if you get mad, cool down then reply please.)
    thats why i asked the OP if he was talking about pvp specs or is he talking about all specs in game.because there is a huge difference,some specs are not meant for pvp and never have been good in pvp.so you can not talk about them in regards to the "worst pvp spec".one could talk about them if the OP asked what is the least spec played regardless if its a pvp or pve spec.

yes arms is the worst pvp spec in game atm,and the warrior class as a hole is the worse class in pvp atm.#'s do not lie.warriors have no other choice but to run arms,its the pvp spec but its just broken atm.do you see fury and prot warriors getting glad?no.its arms or nothing.you seen the link i proved right?yous een warriors at 1% rep and guess what spec all thoese warriors are,thats right they are arms warriors.when you have one of the most played classes "warriors"with the worst rep in game,that tells you how bad they are .some classes like mages have more then one choice to pvp with.sure forst is the main pvp tree,but fire mages are dam good in pvp as well.see what im getting at?

what makes a pvp spec you ask?well that easy,its the specs that blizz designed for pvp and still do.like arms,frost mages,sub rogues,dis,holy pallys ect.see billzz does not make prot pallys a pvp spec because they make it for pve "tanking"and do not account for pvp at all.on the other side of that blizz will make sure holy pallys are good in both pvp and pve.take a prot warrior into arena and your not going to roll to glad with it.although sometimes certain class specs do end up being good in pvp when its not supposed to.again like prot warriors have been nerfed since wrath because of pvp reasons.

when did you start playing wow?back in the day blizz designed 1 tree for pvp and another for pve per class.now they TRY and make all specs viable for pvp and pve and thats where the balance problems come from "alot of them anyway"but even still,the traditional "pvp specs" are still seen by blizz as pvp specs and they design them better for pvp,example frost mage/arcane "we all know what spec blizz sees as the pvp spec for mages.sure one could play arcan and do ok in pvp in certain set ups,but the same player will get much better results by running frost in pvp.thats also the reason why frost is uauly behind arcan and fire in dps in pve.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-07-01 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    -snip-
    But you do realize that people reroll to some better class/spec in almost all of the cases? Most of warriors don't play or have switched their class. It means just lower representation just because people aren't even trying.

And 2600 is nowadays a very high rating. There are 1 warrior according to that link over 2600 and only 2 DKs. Does it mean that DKs suck too? Arms is viable to some degree. It's a bad spec but still viable.

On topic: I'd say either Survival Hunters or Combat Rogues. Neither have high damage as it can be dispelled (Serpent Sting/Black Arrow) or it requires a lot of time to set up (Bandit's Guile) which negates the idea of switching.

As the question concerned PvP and not arena or RBG specifically, specs like Resto Druids are definetly viable. They're bad in arenas but their aoe healing is great in RBG if not stopped properly.

<snip>
    Yes.. numbers don't lie, but you don't have numbers for specs, you have it for class representation. o.O

Please go take a look at the ladders here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/3v3 (switch between battlegroups, filter by class/spec)

Tell me.. are Elemental Shamans, in specific, higher rating than Arms Warriors on most of those Battlegroups? Are they more represented? So should we ignore this because of all the Resto Shamans boosting that representation on that website? It's spec, not class. But yeah, they are the worse class overall in terms of representation.

And "PvP" specs or "PvE" specs were not specifically determined by Blizzard, were they? They were determined by how they preformed in their respective atmosphere at the time.. so I wouldn't talk for Blizzard like that, it doesn't help in an argument unless you actually have a source and not something that people should just 'trust'.. especially when you said Blizzard is changing the game attempting to make different specs viable in PvP.. this makes different ones better for some seasons and worse for others, but it doesn't change the fact that they were once indisputably a functioning spec in PvP at that time (thus a "PvP" spec then).. but it switched and they no longer were.

I mean, you could list all of the "PvP" specs from S1 as determined by their effectiveness and they will vary from now. You can't base it on what Blizzard seemed to make the "PvP" specs before in other seasons.. only now.. so are Elemental Shamans, which you can tell just from a glance are less represented in Arenas and have less rating, not a PvP spec but Arms is? Or are they both not PvP specs anymore? Or are they both still PvP specs?

Understand my points?
    Last edited by Scorth; 2012-07-01 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Tried to make it as clear as possible. Haha, I suck at that sometimes.

Deleted
    Arms warriors are under represented not underpowered, I RECK people on my war in bgs and to some degree arenas, they are just lacking in cc and dont bring much other than large single target damage. Also their defensive cds are pretty damn clunky compared to most other classes these days. They arent terrible like some warriors scream, they can post the ladder representation all they want all that means is at the cutting edge with the best players warriors are less represented due to their counter classes being very high ie mages and rogues. Was watching tosan stream last night and they were winning almost the entire length of a game twice but their war used his trinket on blind allowing the rogue and w/e else they were playing with to kill the war in the next kidney smokebomb. Was that because wars suck? No its because rogues are far far FAR too powerful in the current game....and when you place them in the hands of good-great players at 2400+ they can be pretty damn troublesome to counter.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:59 PM ----------

Oh and to answer the thread its resto druids, even with full hots up and sometimes with regrowth spam they cannot outheal the damage of certain classes. They were op in tbc and wrath but they are just awful atm

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    lol at people thinking combat and assassination are bad rogue specs

all rogue specs are godlike.

OT: It depends which situation. Some specs are better in duels / RBGs / BGs / 2s / 3s / 5s - for example an Arcane Mage is actually quite good in a BG because people don't focus target him down and he can just chaincast 60ks - whereas in a 3s game he'll get dropped pretty damn fast.
    Are you saying there are combat rogues at good arena ratings without lolish PvE gear? I personally never saw one. Yet again I've never acquired godlike ratings, seeing as I'm no pro and play an unpopular comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    But you do realize that people reroll to some better class/spec in almost all of the cases? Most of warriors don't play or have switched their class. It means just lower representation just because people aren't even trying.

And 2600 is nowadays a very high rating. There are 1 warrior according to that link over 2600 and only 2 DKs. Does it mean that DKs suck too? Arms is viable to some degree. It's a bad spec but still viable.

On topic: I'd say either Survival Hunters or Combat Rogues. Neither have high damage as it can be dispelled (Serpent Sting/Black Arrow) or it requires a lot of time to set up (Bandit's Guile) which negates the idea of switching.

As the question concerned PvP and not arena or RBG specifically, specs like Resto Druids are definetly viable. They're bad in arenas but their aoe healing is great in RBG if not stopped properly.
    its not just at 2600,its at every rating.,from 1600 -2600.warriors have the lowest rep at every rating.and no the warriors that are ranked are not prot or fury,they are arms.

You are all wrong.

Behold:

Survival Hunter.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw one outside of random BGs?

Deleted
    HolyPriest and Protpalad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthak View Post
    Arms warriors are under represented not underpowered, I RECK people on my war in bgs and to some degree arenas, they are just lacking in cc and dont bring much other than large single target damage. Also their defensive cds are pretty damn clunky compared to most other classes these days. They arent terrible like some warriors scream, they can post the ladder representation all they want all that means is at the cutting edge with the best players warriors are less represented due to their counter classes being very high ie mages and rogues. Was watching tosan stream last night and they were winning almost the entire length of a game twice but their war used his trinket on blind allowing the rogue and w/e else they were playing with to kill the war in the next kidney smokebomb. Was that because wars suck? No its because rogues are far far FAR too powerful in the current game....and when you place them in the hands of good-great players at 2400+ they can be pretty damn troublesome to counter.

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:59 PM ----------

Oh and to answer the thread its resto druids, even with full hots up and sometimes with regrowth spam they cannot outheal the damage of certain classes. They were op in tbc and wrath but they are just awful atm
    "Arms warriors are under represented not underpowered, I RECK people on my war in bgs and to some degree arenas" lmfao! just in non rated bgs,but not arena or rbgs? lol.

I would love to see an arena team make 2600 made by only the worst specs in pvp.

Deleted
    It was done in some season in wotlk (s7-s8) by viable cleave, a team consisting of a enhancement shaman, boomkin and holy priest. Sure, those were not the worst specs but anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelln12 View Post
    I would love to see an arena team make 2600 made by only the worst specs in pvp.
    well you can watch reckful kick ass @85 using level 70 weapons!

well you can watch reckful kick ass @85 using level 70 weapons!

Not anywhere near the same.