Installing new drive as C Drive

I currently have a computer that has a 120 GB SSD as drive C which has the OS (Windows 7) and a few programs on it. I also have a 1 TB drive which has the rest of my programs and all my data on it.

Due to some issues I have been having with the computer (the hardware has been checked out and is fine), I was going to reformat the C drive and re-install the OS.

Since I have to do that anyway I've decided I want to have a new drive C since the 120 GB SSD is smaller than I would like. I have bought a new 256 GB SSD.

I want to accomplish the following:

1. Install the new 256 GB SSD drive and have it become Drive C.
    2. The 120 GB SSD drive will stay and will be assigned some other drive letter. I can install some programs on it. I do not want to clone what is on that drive to the 256GB drive since I was planning to reformat and reinstall everything on that drive anyway.
    3. The 1 TG drive will stay. I may move some programs that are on it to the 120 GB SSD.

I have room for all drives.

What has to be done and in what order to do this so that the new drive becomes Drive C.

Should I take out the existing 120 GB SSD drive and put the new drive in that same place and then once it is running, put the old 120 GB drive in at a different location? Or should I do something different? Again, I am going to be installing the OS on the new 256 GB drive so I want it to be Drive C.

Deleted
    Just installing Windows on to that drive should make it become C (in that install of Windows, anyway) although I recommend that you disconnect all other drives when doing this because Windows likes to put boot loader data or something on the drive connected to the first SATA port.