Which to pick for a main?

I just got myself a copy and I'm deciding between the DH and the Barb.
    I leveled my brother a barb on his account from 1 to 60. I liked it.
    Are DH better than barbs or should I stick to what I know?

I played his wizard and didnt like the kiting in circles part.
    Last edited by BaseStamp; 2012-07-01 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    it depends on what you like.do as i make a char of each class play an hour or two.and stick with the one you most enjoyed

I never got the idea of a main in games like diablo, i usually just play what takes my fancy at the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    I never got the idea of a main in games like diablo, i usually just play what takes my fancy at the time
    When you get to 60, you'll get it

Even the average gear that lets you do act 2 there costs millions and most people just cant farm or spend so much to gear more than one character properly.

OT: I'm playing a defensive DH now and love it. Farming act 1, inferno now with gear that costs around 2-3 mil and just running through everything, spamming multishot or impale. I don't really have to kite anything and just have to move out of fires, arcane balls and usually from high damage attacks too.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-07-01 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Using a Cluster Arrow build for my DH atm with around 42k dmg without SS.

Its fun blowing up elite packs in 4-5 Cluster Arrows in A1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

Even the average gear that lets you do act 2 there costs millions and most people just cant farm or spend so much to gear more than one character properly.

OT: I'm playing a defensive DH now and love it. Farming act 1, inferno now with gear that costs around 2-3 mil and just running through everything, spamming multishot or impale. I don't really have to kite anything and just have to move out of fires, arcane balls and usually from high damage attacks too.
    I spend 1.5 million on my DH yesterday when it dinged and i am well into act2 already. Most expensive part was the star gems 2x 550k (large crit in wep and %life in helm )

62k dps with ss 26kish without, 30k hp, 350 ~ all ress.
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2012-07-01 at 11:40 AM.

I do have two 60's with a third on its way. Wd on act IV and monk on act III :P And they're only higher levels since i lost track of time playing them ^^

A guy cleared ACT 2 with 200k worth of gear, as a Monk, a class that I'm sure you know - is one of the more gear dependent. Granted, he's better than most players and at this point in time, decent gear doesn't cost nearly as much as a month ago, but the main reason others weren't able to do what he was is because of bad builds and wrong stat selection.
    Basically, ignorance is the largest problem, not the gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    A guy cleared ACT 2 with 200k worth of gear, as a Monk, a class that I'm sure you know - is one of the more gear dependent. Granted, he's better than most players and at this point in time, decent gear doesn't cost nearly as much as a month ago, but the main reason others weren't able to do what he was is because of bad builds and wrong stat selection.
    Basically, ignorance is the largest problem, not the gear.
    Yea but people like that are probably very skilled and exploit, skip etc. that's not really how most people play. I tried going to act 2 with around 400-500k worth of gear at first and it went ok but when I ran into the first elite back, lets just say the repair costs werent pretty to look at while when farming act 1, its become even easier now than hell as I almost never die there, even when pulling 2 elite backs at a time.

Guess that depends on how people prefer to play. Some want a challenge to their skills and risk getting 1 shot by every white mob, others just want good enough gear first so they don't have to do some crazy keyboard acrobatics to complete the act. Besides, you need the gear to farm the later acts anyway.

Yea but people like that are probably very skilled and exploit, skip etc. that's not really how most people play. I tried going to act 2 with around 400-500k worth of gear at first and it went ok but when I ran into the first elite back, lets just say the repair costs werent pretty to look at while when farming act 1, its become even easier now than hell as I almost never die there, even when pulling 2 elite backs at a time.

Guess that depends on how people prefer to play. Some want a challenge to their skills and risk getting 1 shot by every white mob, others just want good enough gear first so they don't have to do some crazy keyboard acrobatics to complete the act. Besides, you need the gear to farm the later acts anyway.
    Some packs can literally be impossible unless you happen to significantly overgear the selected difficulty/act and most people skip at least a few.
    Anyway, my point isn't that you can do A2 with 200k gold. It's that that shows you can do it with, say, 1m (or 2m) gold worth of gear which really is not a lot grinding of A1.

Here's the video, it's pretty straightforward and honest, as far as I can see.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1261-...ain-untouched/

Deleted
    I have a few 60's, yet I don't have a main. Each of them are sitting on 100h+ played time, and my WD would be 60 by now as well if I'd had the time from all the farming with the four others.

You don't need a "main" in Diablo -style games. I personally have never had one such, in any of these games, whether it's been Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Sacred, or any other similar one.

Then again, I also have a full 10x85 stable in WoW as well, and out of those I played five or six characters quite actively, so I can admit I'm perhaps rather the exception than the rule here.

He didn't cheat or anything. He already cleared inferno with this monk with gear worth millions of gold but he wanted to know if you really need that gear after the nerf. First time he tried to do it with gear for 100k but couldn't beat the elites or bosses because of the enrage timers. With gear for 200k it is possible with the right build and luck. Also different class. As a DH you need some decent gear so that you can kill things faster than they can kill you. As a monk you have lots of skills to reduce or completely ignore damage so after the nerf it's a lot easier with melee classes than with ranged ones.

As for the question of the thread.

Play what suits you. Started with a monk but when I was at the fight against Belial pre nerf it was just impossible for me to beat him. Didn't try him after the nerf but I think I still couldn't do it because I lack some DPS. Rerolled for a barb, stopped because I thought I won't get through inferno, rerolled a DH and it wasn't that much fun so I played my barb up until inferno. As a fresh level 60 barb you have to either buy some gear or farm some gear in act 3/4 hell or pony level hell because you do so little damage and die by 3-4 hits. So it's more kiting than fighting and to be honest that's exactly what I thought would happen and it isn't fun.

So at the moment I play my DH and after act 1 when you unlocked some more skills it is a lot of fun and I even started a hardcore one but that one died today with level 37 after I entered a cave and was one shot by a rare pack with molten-firechain (they stood in the entrance and I had about 1.3k HP).

Barb is a lot of fun until you get into inferno because then you have to farm some gear or gold. DH is also a lot of fun but there are moments before inferno where you will die and you can't do a thing about that. Even with a very defensive build with lots of HP and resistances you will die a lot and that can be frustrating. Monk is fun too but he's more a DPS than tank.

Barbs are very gear dependent, so you're gonna have to buy a good set off the ah or spend along time trying to farm a set, or most of one atleast.