Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avillya View Post
    This is just her family. Most people in my family would prefer a boy. You can't make an observation from your personal situation and then automatically apply it to everyone else.

It is simple...you already have a boy, so people assume that you would want to balance it out and have a girl next. It's normal, it's a natural assumption to make. If someone had a girl first, it would be assumed that they'd want a boy next.

The person you're talking about just has a preference to girls. The next person might have a preference to boys. I don't see how you can take the opinion of one person and try to apply it to everyone.

Nothing will be assumed by anyone. Your third child will be added to the statistics. But the statistics just show overall trends, which you are a part of. It says nothing specifically about you or your situation.

It's not real, you're imagining it.

No one is being harmed by anything? If you want a third baby, have one. Why are you obsessing over something that someone could possibly think? They could also possibly think that youre having another baby because you just want another boy. Someone could possibly think you're having another baby because you love the number 3 and so want that many children. They could possibly think that you want a third child so you can have a better game of monopoloy when they're more grown up. How does any of that affect you?

Even if it is true that the majority of people prefer girls, so what?
    I am not applying it to everyone. I thought I made that quite clear.

I started the thread for the sake of discussion regarding the subject of gender-preferences. It's a common attitude by a lot of people, which is why it became a subject in the first place. The discussion is to be found regulary on various forums in my country, and it's even made articles about it. That is why I brought it up.

The thing is, the forums this discussion is brought up on, are heavily dominated by women. Which is why I brought up the thought of this being a mother-only thing or if it's actually found amongst other parts of the sciety too. MMO-Champion is a very different arena, which is why I found it interesting to hear from people here.

When it comes to my feelings regarding this, I wrote this a bit earlier in the thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I think it is more a case of being a bit sensitive about the subject being brought up, when you're on "the wrong side of what is assumed to be ideal".

I mean, the first thing you want to hear after you tell people you are expecting a boy, isn't exactly "You're going keep trying until you get the girl I hope?". That's gonna sting. I think it stings enough just knowing people will assume that if we go for a third child, it's to try get a girl. I am not entirely sure what I am feeling even, am I offended or am I just feeling irritation over people's stupidity? I don't goa round feeling this every day, but when examples of this are brought up, like my friend on Facebook yesterday did, my mind starts boiling.
    I have a tendency of getting really irritated at people that can't think past their own nose sometimes(proven in a few discussions at this board from time to time), and this could very well be a case of this. Especially since I would be included into that very idea, since I'm soon to be the mother of two boys.

I can block out a lot of things that I dislike, but I can't block out it all. Can you?
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-07-02 at 07:36 PM.