Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    1. Even with merging, LFG times are still 1–2 hours.
    So others are not given a false impression; this poster, Tackhisis is a trial player limited to level 10-20 content on a trial shard.

Since when Blightweald is a trial shard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Since when Blightweald is a trial shard?
    I think what Fencers is saying is you're a trial player. Trial players can play on any shard with limited access and trial shards have not existed for some time. You made it clear to the people who actually play the game and know how it works that you're playing a trial account when you couldn't equip a "epic trinket" and other things you mentioned that indicate you're playing a trial account. You'll have to get up a little earlier in the day to try and "fool" the regular forum goers here that you've played the game regularly or even beyond the trial account any time recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    What i cannot understand is how Bloodiron that was always "medium" at high peack is now low, and Blightweald that also was often "medium" is now low as well.
    And at the same moment, Icewatch, that was "medium" and some time "high" is always full now.
    165 ppl queue now that i checked, 95 earlier on that i logged for a bit...
    Some people had the idea to move altogether in icewatch due to the new pvp thingie?
    Yea, why did people leave bloodiron for icewatch? Only reason I could see before this patch changed, that you could do pvp dailies undisturbed. But I can't see that conquest had any affect on it since it's same conquest and same queues?

If anyone's curious as to how this is affecting the activity of shards other than Icewatch, I can tell you that I've seen a decent increase in the number of players on the Argent RP shard. There's been at least 3 or 4 reasonably sized guilds that have moved over from Riptalon, Sagespire and Steampike and our community gets better by the day. If anyone is by any chance looking for a new home, as long as you're respectful of our albeit relatively small percentage of RPers (at least of the Defiant side) you're more than welcome to join the best shard I've ever played on in Rift.

The reason that the 3 English servers other than Icewatch constantly sit at low is simply because Trion set their bar for moving up to 'medium' and 'high' far higher than certain other MMORPGs, and I really wouldn't take any notice of that. Especially now with the higher capacities of each server, when a shard on Rift says 'high' population, it means really, really busy. As I said I play on Argent, a shard that I haven't seen move out of low population in a few months, and there are always people in the main cities, we always beat zone events, there are several raiding guilds on each faction, and I bump into people all over the world. I certainly wouldn't compare it WoW, a game that can have 20-30 low population realms at 8pm and only 2 at 3am (not sure how their system works, but the number of players required to set a server at a certain population clearly changes with the time of day).

I say we should be applauding this effort by Trion; and I can't wait to see what all of these doomsayers are saying when they undoubtedly will have to re-open more shards when they release Storm Legion.

Deleted
    Hangovers seems to have destroyed my reading comprehension skills, so does this mean:

1 - They are merging all the servers into only a few servers

or,

2 - Each server stays the same, but is part of a "battlegroup" like in WoW, where players from the different servers of a battlegroup can do instanced play together

Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    Hangovers seems to have destroyed my reading comprehension skills, so does this mean:

1 - They are merging all the servers into only a few servers

or,

2 - Each server stays the same, but is part of a "battlegroup" like in WoW, where players from the different servers of a battlegroup can do instanced play together
    A bit of both. 3 English shards (and a German and 2 French) are being closed, with players being redirected to other shards. The other shards have had their capacities increased to deal with this.

Wargroups have always existed in Rift, and now all shards are part of one big wargroup, regardless of language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetno View Post
    A bit of both. 3 English shards (and a German and 2 French) are being closed, with players being redirected to other shards. The other shards have had their capacities increased to deal with this.

Wargroups have always existed in Rift, and now all shards are part of one big wargroup, regardless of language.
    Thanks.

Man that really sounds awesome! Too bad I'm currently playing SWTOR with my friends. Oh well, once I'm gonna start raiding again, it is so much gonna be in Rift.

In my eyes this can only be seen as good progress for the whole MMO genre.

Thanks.

Man that really sounds awesome! Too bad I'm currently playing SWTOR with my friends. Oh well, once I'm gonna start raiding again, it is so much gonna be in Rift.

Yeah it's a really great move, the only thing I have to say on it so far is that it doesn't seem like Bloodiron (which was second biggest eu-eng server) got too many people sent over with the merger. While Icewatch got A LOT of new people. Icewatch going from med-high on the old scale, to always high (and mostly with que) on the new higher capacity server is extreme.

But I think it will even more out now with less servers to choose from. Surely raiding guilds on Icewatch must be getting sick of que by now, especially since last week reset got wasted with all that conquest lag :P
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Now is a good time to stop the US vs EU player base debate it won't end well. Lets stay on topic.
    Yes, guys. Personally, I blame everything on the Canadians.

I kid. I kid.

Azuri's location is Canada - for those that didn't know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    But I think it will even more out now with less servers to choose from. Surely raiding guilds on Icewatch must be getting sick of que by now, especially since last week reset got wasted with all that conquest lag :P
    Yeah I would expect Blightweald (and maybe less so Argent due to the RP tag) to see a bit of a rejuvenation thanks to fed up guilds relocating.

How you figure? People have completely rejected a dev basically delivering content every 1 1/2 months give or take for the other options. It is fairly obvious right now that people perfer content once every 6-9 months in a f2p format.

This mmo has only made me severely pessimistic about the mmo community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I think what Fencers is saying is you're a trial player. Trial players can play on any shard with limited access and trial shards have not existed for some time. You made it clear to the people who actually play the game and know how it works that you're playing a trial account when you couldn't equip a "epic trinket" and other things you mentioned that indicate you're playing a trial account. You'll have to get up a little earlier in the day to try and "fool" the regular forum goers here that you've played the game regularly or even beyond the trial account any time recently.
    The poster previously claimed to have been on a trial shard. Others pointed this out to him and so he changed his whole story around when he came back from whatever ban duration it was last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodiron has been at Medium all day, so hopefully a few more Guilds will make the move and transfer off Icewatch to Bloodiron

Deleted
    Just finished closing my first water rift with my lv 9 mage i started yesterday night at blightweald server. 6 people public group, silverwood always maxed (the /who takes up to 29 entries) and this server is always marked "low"? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Just finished closing my first water rift with my lv 9 mage i started yesterday night at blightweald server. 6 people public group, silverwood always maxed (the /who takes up to 29 entries) and this server is always marked "low"? Hmm
    Yep, it's a shame Trion haven't sorted this out; the people playing on these servers all know that they're busy enough, but the 'low' tags probably do put some poeple off.

Quote Originally Posted by kondura View Post
    Yes, guys. Personally, I blame everything on the Canadians.

I kid. I kid.

Azuri's location is Canada - for those that didn't know :P
    This is why he's always been, IMO, the best mod.

You can blame us all you want, but we're always right. US vs EU doesn't matter, because all bow to Canada, in the end!

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zetno View Post
    Yep, it's a shame Trion haven't sorted this out; the people playing on these servers all know that they're busy enough, but the 'low' tags probably do put some poeple off.
    Yup, same with threesprings. We Guardians can, alone, easily can muster up 3 full L50 raid groups for a Zone Event, yet we're a 'permalow' shard.

Needs to be fixed.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    "Decreased this much"?They're not simply merging servers, they're merging them onto servers with higher population caps so that there will be far more players on each individual server well beyond the initial caps.

They might be down, but we don't have any serious indication of that from what I've seen so far.

ya this seems to be the way most mmos might be going for a while atleast, i know SWTOR is about to do the same thing here soon, make a few 'Super' servers.

but it will make it a much more enjoyable game for the majority of players.

Deleted
    After seeing how it is to play in Icewatch right now, when finally in (there are queues :P), i would say that it was a very bad decision, and it is a pitty for the game .

The should simply close Icewatch for transfers the day before those 3 english servers turned trials.

All people would be directed to Bloodiron, Blightweald and Argend, and now most likely we would have 1 medium/high, 2 medium and 1 medium/low server.
    Now even when you manage to log into icewatch, the game is barely playable...and the other servers didnt benefit one bit from turning 3 shard into trials.

Even now, they should make Icewatch a "forbitten shard" for new transfers.

All i see in official forums is people unwilling to transfer, whinning to get the problem shorted.
    Too bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't move from Bloodiron to Icewatch, i don't know if it's always been like that or they actually closed transfers. Wish more people would come to Bloodiron though