Deleted
    Thinking of starting anew, and only playing HC (SC started to feel like an endless grind, and way less exiting as dying doesn't matter that much, except for the exp-loss).

Anyway...I haven't played for a while...I stopped shortly before the cyclone skill came out.
    -I remember they did something about the passive tree that made survivability nodes less crucial...I'm guessing they're still supercrucial in HC?
    -Also...any interesting new gems I should know about? Been going through some patch notes...but there's so many!

Thanks a lot for your time!

Have they increased the view distance at all from 5-6 month ago? One of my greatest miffs with the game was how in face the zoom was. :|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Have they increased the view distance at all from 5-6 month ago? One of my greatest miffs with the game was how in face the zoom was. :|
    Nah zoom is still 10feet infront of u horribleness, but u get used to it eventually.

I'm more concerned the new zones are higher than lvl 68 sick of the little exp I get at lvl 87 now, and the maps I keep getting are rubbish 66/67/68's only with the odd 69

No. GGG want the POV set that way for the time being.

There is actually a comparison of effective view angle among POE, D2, D3, TQ, etc on the forums. POE is roughly the same as all other major ARPGs. It's just a perception thing like how in D3 3D models are smaller but the angle isn't much wider than POE.

So you are likely not asking/desiring for greater zoom but for smaller models.

-I remember they did something about the passive tree that made survivability nodes less crucial...I'm guessing they're still supercrucial in HC?
    -Also...any interesting new gems I should know about? Been going through some patch notes...but there's so many!
    - All GGG did was equalize survivability options somewhat. It's more viable to go alternative routes such as EV or ES/EV than it was before when Life nodes dominated every aspect of survival. This is especially true in softcore.

Though not all defensive/survival options are still perfectly and equally balanced. It's getting there, and the difference between EV or Life based characters is much less than it used to be. But in HC it's a matter of the MOST.

- Go to the wiki for gem info.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-10-10 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. GGG want the POV set that way for the time being.

There is actually a comparison of effective view angle among POE, D2, D3, TQ, etc on the forums. POE is roughly the same as all other major ARPGs. It's just a perception thing like how in D3 3D models are smaller but the angle isn't much wider than POE.

So you are likely not asking/desiring for greater zoom but for smaller models.
    I don't care how they would implement it or what other games have in general, I just want to see more than two arms' length forward.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Can anyone suggest a build for me based on the following criteria:

I like to be pretty tanky - I do not enjoy having to run and kite constantly just to farm
    I enjoy AOE clearance preferably without much thinking to it.

Previously I have gone with a frost nova Templar which i really enjoy but it just falls off so much.

I am looking for just a rough idea of what class to start, which key nodes to pick and which main spells/supports to go for. I love the game but got busy IRL not long after release and have not played much since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Can anyone suggest a build for me based on the following criteria:

I like to be pretty tanky - I do not enjoy having to run and kite constantly just to farm
    I enjoy AOE clearance preferably without much thinking to it.

Previously I have gone with a frost nova Templar which i really enjoy but it just falls off so much.

I am looking for just a rough idea of what class to start, which key nodes to pick and which main spells/supports to go for. I love the game but got busy IRL not long after release and have not played much since.
    Infernal blow with the Marauder tree perhaps?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I don't care how they would implement it or what other games have in general, I just want to see more than two arms' length forward.
    It might change one day. For now, the devs are happy with the way the POV is and it is deliberate design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Can anyone suggest a build for me based on the following criteria <snip>
    I would suggest browsing some of the templates at Path of POE. Filter for affordability and ease of play and make your decision based on one of the outlined builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It might change one day. For now, the devs are happy with the way the POV is and it is deliberate design.

I would suggest browsing some of the templates at Path of POE. Filter for affordability and ease of play and make your decision based on one of the outlined builds.
    Cheers ill take a look ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do you guys feel about the passive tree changes, such as only the scion will be able to travel trough the middle and everyone has to take the long way around?
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it. They've stated that they'll be reworking key passives so that certain combinations are still doable, and the full respec at launch will allow anybody affected by the change to remake their character. Most of my characters work around the outside of the tree, so I'm not too concerned by it anyways, though I can understand why others would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    So how do you guys feel about the passive tree changes, such as only the scion will be able to travel trough the middle and everyone has to take the long way around?
    Fine with it. There are areas of the tree that will naturally be less ideal for a Scion to reach. Just as there are now for the other 6 classes.

Sure you CAN make a Marauder that journeys all the way to the Shadow and Ranger side of the tree. It's not necessarily quick or efficient [depending on build], but you can do it. While a Ranger or Shadow reach those areas with ease.

The way the passive tree is setup in POE grants no character an advantage without offering a disadvantage. GGG could likely add 2 more classes without breaking the balance of opportunity / ease of access for any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will most likely kill a lot of current builds, on the main page of the site there's a preview of the new tree the location of vaal pact has changed.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

It will most likely kill a lot of current builds, on the main page of the site there's a preview of the new tree the location of vaal pact has changed.
    That happens every time they change the tree. It's part of what keeps the meta game fresh.

The stuff we built back when all classes stared in the center was really unlike the builds when AOF was originally OP as heck. And when AoF was taken out and the rise of CI came into being in the first beta, etc.

Deleted
    So, yesterday a player called Baker was the first to reach lvl 100 on hardcore. Pretty impressive. He ran maps for about 16 days full time to go from lvl 99 to 100...takes a looooooooooong time

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure that counts as a "no lifer"

Infracted.

seriously?
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-10-13 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    pretty sure that counts as a "no lifer"
    He's a med school student, of course. Though, who are you to judge what they do in their spare time?

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

And Chris has already said the screens people took of the video showing he changes is of a tree that has changed since it was taken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    He's a med school student, of course. Though, who are you to judge what they do in their spare time?
    16 days full time

doesnt sound like spare time

Judging people you don't know using limited knowledge of their lives is pretty poor use of spare time as well. Let's keep the discussion on the game and not the people who choose to play it.