10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Block isn't full proof though
    Sure, but you have to accept that using block is going to reduce the effectiveness of your CoDT gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Sure, but you have to accept that using block is going to reduce the effectiveness of your CoDT gems.
    Thats kinda the point of CoDT, to cover your defenses that fail. In my instance I have ice lance which has 600% crit chance which means a guarantee aoe freeze would help in survival since I just got hit. People who want to use it offensively have to take more damage and thus pushing their luck imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Thats kinda the point of CoDT, to cover your defenses that fail. In my instance I have ice lance which has 600% crit chance which means a guarantee aoe freeze would help in survival since I just got hit. People who want to use it offensively have to take more damage and thus pushing their luck imo
    Your freeze is based on damage done which is really low with a low level CwDT.

Either way what you suggested will work but won't be very efficient as both freeze and shock durations won't be that long and the more block you have the less it will trigger.

And for me CwDT isn't for when defenses fail, which is why I hate what they did with it, it's a means to cast when channeling incinerate.

Block isn't full proof though
    You're under a bunch of false impressions, using the wrong terminology and phrasing. Like a bunch.

I'm super busy at work right now and have no time to post. But had to because you are driving me crazy, Zito. Grats for triggering all my pet peeves.

Edit: I'm a terrible human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You're under a bunch of false impressions, using the wrong terminology and phrasing. Like a bunch.

I'm super busy at work right now and have no time to post. But had to because you are driving me crazy, Zito. Grats for triggering all my pet peeves.

Edit: I'm a terrible human being.
    Lol I know I'm still learning :P

Good on GGG. Looks like they got a nice review in one of Aus' leading gaming publications.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing this game, and I love it.

I have to ask though do templar's get pants in later levels? I saw a thread were someone claimed that they do and showed this pic http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/Templar1.png

Deleted
    You guys have no clue what just dropped for me. Tabula Rasa. LOOL. I had no idea that could drop. Thought it was only obtainable through trading or season reward.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I just started playing this game, and I love it.

I have to ask though do templar's get pants in later levels? I saw a thread were someone claimed that they do and showed this pic http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/a...k/Templar1.png
    Nope, the Scion stole em...

Joking aside, the only way I know to get pants on the templar is to use Carcass Jack. There might be some other armor that gives him pants as well, which might be what the picture shows.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    After re-making this trapper again, I can farm Docks Merciless at a relatively good speed. It's only scary in a few situations: when there's LMP dogs that are extra fast/extra damage, a flicker strike/viper strike exile, Stormherald mobs in closed quarters, and those champion devourers with fractured. I killed one and then the split mobs shot their fireballs and almost 5-7 of their projectiles hit me and I left the game immediately.

Spent all my chaos I've accumulated over the week for a Carcass Jack and some misc items to cap resists in Merciless. I've never played in a hardcore league before, so after the first death, I am playing it super safe. Now I need to farm the currency to socket/link the items I have.

Also, does anyone know why if I put a shop thread up, the indexer at poe.xyz.is won't properly show the IGN I want? It's showing my softcore character and that's not the character I want to show up for people to contact me at.

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to PoE and was wondering if I can get some feedback on my build.

So I made a Marauder ST build (Note this is for HC)

Build

So I'm debating what I should do late game. Should I just go for Weapon nodes and just boost my dps like Axe or Sword nodes? I wanted to go up to EB but I don't think that's really possible.

What do you guys think is the best path?
    Last edited by Shammypower; 2013-11-26 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Also, does anyone know why if I put a shop thread up, the indexer at poe.xyz.is won't properly show the IGN I want? It's showing my softcore character and that's not the character I want to show up for people to contact me at.
    It's something on xyz's end, as long as you have the character it really doesn't matter as all whispers to any of your characters goes to you if you're online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammypower View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to PoE and was wondering if I can get some feedback on my build.

So I made a Marauder ST build

Build
    Link isn't working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It's something on xyz's end, as long as you have the character it really doesn't matter as all whispers to any of your characters goes to you if you're online.

- - - Updated - - -

Link isn't working properly.
    Try it again? It works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the Scion stole em...

Joking aside, the only way I know to get pants on the templar is to use Carcass Jack. There might be some other armor that gives him pants as well, which might be what the picture shows.
    There are armor sets that include pants. None of the plate chests have pants, the Garbs, Leathers, Vaal Regalia, Full Dragonscale, Saintly Chainmail, Saint's Hauberk, and Elegant Ringmail all include pants. Each of these have two lower level counterparts, in case you're desperate to get your pants on earlier.
    http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Body_Armour

Try it again? It works for me.
    As a basic build it looks alright I suppose, you don't have enough physical damage scaling for ST though and mana shield is totally wasted as you have to blood magic support your abilities with this build. You do have some points to spare though and you could move some life in to weapon specific nodes that has life as well as phys damage.

That's just what I see at a quick glance, busy mapping atm so can't go in and check detailed specs of the build.

As a basic build it looks alright I suppose, you don't have enough physical damage scaling for ST though and mana shield is totally wasted as you have to blood magic support your abilities with this build. You do have some points to spare though and you could move some life in to weapon specific nodes that has life as well as phys damage.

That's just what I see at a quick glance, busy mapping atm so can't go in and check detailed specs of the build.
    My plan was to link Mana Leach and then use the points I haven't used and put them into mana/ Mana regen and just being tanky through my mana instead of hp.

Is that overkill or just a bad idea?

Right now I'm level 54 and about to finish act 3 on Merc. My build is almost identical to the one that I posted. Should I just focus on damage now or do I still need to tank up for Cruel?

My plan was to link Mana Leach and then use the points I haven't used and put them into mana/ Mana regen and just being tanky through my mana instead of hp.

Is that overkill or just a bad idea?
    If you use the blood magic support gem instead you use the same amount of gems with no need for passives to support it (except life regen which you have already.)

Right now I'm level 54 and about to finish act 3 on Merc. My build is almost identical to the one that I posted. Should I just focus on damage now or do I still need to tank up for Cruel?
    That's something only you can figure out, if mobs start hitting you to hard you need more life/armor/resists if not then you're fine. Think I usually have around 1500-2000 life when going in to merciless, what's more important is to keep your resists high. For act 1 you mostly need cold resist but fire is needed as well for blue/rares with "added fire damage", if you're in nemesis you need all as close to capped as possible due to storm heralds, elemental hit and volatile rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650913

Patch 1.0.2 details. Viper Strike works with melee splash now. Fuck your Storm Call, going Viper Strike all the way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/650913

Patch 1.0.2 details. Viper Strike works with melee splash now. Fuck your Storm Call, going Viper Strike all the way now.
    Won't viper strike lose damage for each additional mob though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't viper strike lose damage for each additional mob though?
    Yeah, but the ability to apply it to every mob would allow me to flicker in, apply the stacks, and then go to town with double strike.