Deleted
    The new Barrage spell looks fun. Does anyone know if you can dual wand it? I mean will it fire from both wands?

Deleted
    I don't know why you'd want to use barrage over another spell that delivers all the damage in a single hit. You will just get more damage absorbed by armour. Also, almost all Dual wield capable abilities with the exception of Dual Strike, use alternate hands to attack. So you'll do a barrage from one hand, then barrage from the other hand, not both hands at once.

I'm really looking forward to the ranged physical damage increase support gem. Given how there is already a melee physical support gem, I wonder why they don't just combine them. And I hope, if they give an attack speed penalty, they don't charge the same mana as the equivalent melee gem.

I found that I'm constantly OOM on my Frenzy bow character, since I'm doing 4 attacks per second at ~50 mana per attack, and no matter how much leech I have, I'm limited by the fact that my mana pool is only 400. I have to use blood magic just to be able to do constant damage. A gem that sacrifices some attack speed (which I have in spades) for some damage would be very welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I don't know why you'd want to use barrage over another spell that delivers all the damage in a single hit. You will just get more damage absorbed by armour. Also, almost all Dual wield capable abilities with the exception of Dual Strike, use alternate hands to attack. So you'll do a barrage from one hand, then barrage from the other hand, not both hands at once.
    Its proabably because its a new skill so im all hyped. I was thinking about making a Templar Wand user with Power Siphon and Barrage together with Discharge and Molten Shield, but a dual wand duelist with barrage seems fun tho - as you say - it dosnt fire from both hands, so it dosnt seem that fun

10+ Year Old Account
    to continue my ranger from 25 anyone know of any good builds?

im clueless on what to go for other than dex and seems my build was reset since i last played so cant use my bow/chestpiece till i use some points

Deleted
    What type of weapon/attack do you want to use? Do you want to be melee or ranged?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    The new Barrage spell looks fun. Does anyone know if you can dual wand it? I mean will it fire from both wands?
    I think Barrage will be of marginal use unless it scales insanely or has a high innate coefficient. Otherwise you are losing too much DPS time on the target(s).

Especially in relation to leeching or life on hit for non VP builds. Which I am not even sure is useful for VP builds because you could very likely kill yourself in that time!

That said I think Elemental Hit, Explosive Arrow and Lightning Arrow can see some benefit from a Barrage-like support gem. But as Phys or conversion? I think it will be meh-y for many/most builds out there now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    to continue my ranger from 25 anyone know of any good builds?

im clueless on what to go for other than dex and seems my build was reset since i last played so cant use my bow/chestpiece till i use some points
    What do you want to do? Do you want be a melee, spell caster or ranged attack Ranger?

What kind of melee Ranger do you want to be? 2h, 1h + shield, dual wield? Claws, swords, axes, bare knuckle, maces, staves, shields?
    What kind of spell caster Ranger? Firect, indirect, minions, triggers, cold, fire, lightning, chaos or physical spells?
    What kind of ranged attack Ranger? Wands, bows, thrown weapons? Physical, elemental or conversion? Siphoning or culling?
    Tanky or non-tanky?
    Blood magic or mana?
    Life, evasion, armor, block, mana shield or energy shield?
    Hardcore or softcore?

Dex might not be needed at all. There is no such thing in Path of Exile as a class needing any one stat. It's not logical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think Barrage will be of marginal use unless it scales insanely or has a high innate coefficient. Otherwise you are losing too much DPS time on the target(s).

Especially in relation to leeching or life on hit for non VP builds. Which I am not even sure is useful for VP builds because you could very likely kill yourself in that time!

That said I think Elemental Hit, Explosive Arrow and Lightning Arrow can see some benefit from a Barrage-like support gem. But as Phys or conversion? I think it will be meh-y for many/most builds out there now.
    The only use I can think for Barrage is for hit and run on bosses. But even for these bosses, Puncture/Poison Arrow is likely much more effective (speaking for Bows), unless it's a caster who's determined not to chase you (Vaal Oversoul).

I don't think wands deal enough innate damage to make up for the cast time on Barrage either. Even 1 second is too long. This skill has to skill insanely in some way for it to outclass conversion or elemental damage on wands I think.

I am speculating, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see Barrage working well with a high-lightning damage weapon like Voltaxic Rift. Barrage + Lightning Pen + Chance to Shock + Ele Prolif would be a good way of quickly shock stacking a large group of enemies, assuming that the damage effectiveness of the skill is high enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    bow as weapon and i dont know i just feel useless in a group i do barely any damage and it takes ages to kill something plus staying alive against tougher enemies seems to be an issue

i found a guide that focused on lightning and burning arrows but when i use them they consume a ton of mana without doing a whole lot of damage then someone said to use explosive arrows which dont do a whole lot either

im at 28 atm and it all feels a bit boring hitting one target with my left mouse button attack because the enemy is either immune to the element type or the damage is so low it barely scratches them

bow as weapon and i dont know i just feel useless in a group i do barely any damage and it takes ages to kill something plus staying alive against tougher enemies seems to be an issue

i found a guide that focused on lightning and burning arrows but when i use them they consume a ton of mana without doing a whole lot of damage then someone said to use explosive arrows which dont do a whole lot either

im at 28 atm and it all feels a bit boring hitting one target with my left mouse button attack because the enemy is either immune to the element type or the damage is so low it barely scratches them
    It is possible your current woes are due to poor gear and not build. As most things should be dying fairly easily at around your current level.

VP/LA arrow builds are very beginner friendly and popular. Due to the shock scaling.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/564587

For example. But if your gear is trash, than nothing will help as the game is essentially a spreadsheet with dodging.

Or,

Last edited by Fencers; 2013-12-09 at 07:47 PM.

I think people will find barrage fun until they run in their first lightning thorns pack...

Hopefully I'm right and it will push GGG to rethink the mechanic of lightning thorns as it's horrible in it's current design.

Deleted
    I made an icewitch ( i love frozen orb sorc in D2) and i got the idea of taking: Point Blank, with my freezing pulse (I have to stand in melee range anyway to do damage).
    Now I am not shure if this would work because i tryed curse on hit with my ice nova totem but that does not work (it only works for melee attacks i think? It does not say that on the gem though).
    Point Blank say it works for projectile attacks, but does that include spells, or just range attacks like bows and such?

Sofar i am useing only freezing pulse with mana and life leach and cold penetration
    and spell totem, ice nova, increased area of effect and increased crittical strikes.
    I have clarity running ( lvl 9 atm) and frostbite ready to use when needed

I am lvl 52 right now would the pointblank with freezing pulse work and how do you think my spellsetup is? Should i change anything? Or add something to it? I plan to run pure ice witch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is possible your current woes are due to poor gear and not build. As most things should be dying fairly easily at around your current level.

VP/LA arrow builds are very beginner friendly and popular. Due to the shock scaling.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/564587

For example. But if your gear is trash, than nothing will help as the game is essentially a spreadsheet with dodging.

Or,

well i havnt used it in a long time plus the gear im using is horribly underleveled as i just dont get anything better as i swear all i ever see drop is strength/int gear

- - - Updated - - -

or weapons i dont want/use

10+ Year Old Account
    barrage looks thrash, doesn't seem any different than using quill rain, also agree with the lightning thorns argument, I'm very happy at the moment though managed to get a ringvald's charge last night, now to waste tons of currency on it.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    well i havnt used it in a long time plus the gear im using is horribly underleveled as i just dont get anything better as i swear all i ever see drop is strength/int gear

- - - Updated - - -

or weapons i dont want/use
    My Bow character went the Iron Grip route (I ended up switching from ranger to Scion at level 37 to be able to make the build easier) which allows me to use strength to both increase my health and damage. It also fits well with using Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance. I found my damage scaled very well while levelling since I could make use of strength drops. But the most important thing is to get a bow with high physical damage, I'm level 72 now and still using a level 47 bow that has over 100% physical damage increase and 5L. I also recently picked up a 5L chest, so I'm considering upgrading my bow to a higher damage one, and sacrificing the 5L.

Also,

I found the ranger to be too reliant on critting to do good damage, which at lower levels is not easy to achieve, using Iron Grip from early on made my damage more consistent throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    I made an icewitch ( i love frozen orb sorc in D2) and i got the idea of taking: Point Blank, with my freezing pulse (I have to stand in melee range anyway to do damage).
    This will not work at all.

Point Blank applies to Projectile Attacks. Freezing Pulse is a Projectile Spell.

The game is highly logical. And the wording is usually precise. GGG_Mark is very good at making sure the tooltips describe the mechanics in a very concise and accurate manner for the most part.

New patch going up now:

Version 1.0.3
    Major Features/Content:

Added a new Dexterity Skill - Barrage: After a short preparation time, you attack repeatedly with a ranged weapon. These attacks have a small randomised spread. Only works with Bows and Wands.
    Barrage is first available to the Duelist, Ranger, Shadow and Witch from the "The Caged Brute" quest in Normal difficulty.
    Added a new Dexterity Support Gem - Physical Projectile Attack Damage.
    Projectile Physical Attack Damage is available to the Shadow, Ranger, Duelist, Witch and Scion from the "The Siren's Cadence" quest in Cruel difficulty.
    Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our supporters.
    Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Infernal Fox Pet and Infernal Skull Helmet Skin.
    Added two new achievements: Beginner's Luck and Full Clear: Dread Thicket.
    Added three new Vendor Recipes.

Minor Features/Content:

The Blacksmith's (Dunes and Spider Forest Maps) Leap Slam has been given a cooldown and a new triggered effect has been added to it.
    Shock and Horror, the boss of the Torture Chamber, has had her Arc skill replaced with a new skill.
    The drop down stash tab list now shows the colours of the tabs.
    All slashing impact sounds have been replaced.
    Added a new category of sounds for bow impacts.
    Video adapters with the same display name are now distinguishable in the options panel by an added adapter number.
    Added a new buff icon for the Proximity Shield effect.
    Pressing "tab" on the login screen now changes between Email, Password and Gateway, for non-Steam users.
    Effects and/or 3D art have been added for the following items: Demigod's Touch, Lioneye's Glare, Geofri's Baptism, Taryn's Shiver, Rise of the Phoenix, Matua Tupuna, Atziri's Mirror and the alternate art Stormcloud.
    Kuduku has been restored to its correct art.
    Talking to Dialla on top of the Sceptre of God now gives the waypoint to the next difficulty.
    Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Balance:

Viper Strike: Damage progression has been increased. It is now around 15% better at level 15 than it was in 1.0.2.
    Poison Arrow: Damage progression has been increased. It is now around 15% better at level 15 than it was in 1.0.2.
    New groups of passives have been added for Chaos Damage and Damage over Time.
    The move speed and attack speed groups to the right side of the Scion have been merged. The weaker Movement speed nodes were removed, with the 3% movespeed nodes increased to 4%.
    Added two new map mods: "of Power" and "of Endurance". These give Endurance and Power charges respectively every 20 seconds.
    The map mod Enraged has been changed to a suffix - "of Frenzy"
    The "of Frenzy" map mod now triggers every 20 seconds instead of every 30.
    The five of a kind recipe has been moved up to just below the same names recipe in priority.
    Righteous Fire Totems will damage enemies based on their own life and ES, not their caster's life and ES.
    Spiders have been made invulnerable when climbing into areas from scenery.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an instance crash with Molten Shell when linked with Cast when Damage Taken.
    Fixed a bug where the alt-hover that shows item level would not work in the chat window.
    Fixed a bug where you can hear other people move items around in a Guild Stash Tab that you have closed.
    Fixed a bug where screenshots could not be taken in the Escape menu or when a confirmation window was showing.
    Fixed a bug where you couldn't take screenshots with various text boxes selected.
    Fixed a bug where Tempest Shield could be activated with no reservation cost.
    Fixed a bug where you could sometimes not select different graphics adapters in the options.
    Fixed a bug where the visual display of a monster's resistances did not update if this status changed while you were hovering over it.
    Fixed a bug where the the wrong flask could be used if you moved the mouse with the button down.
    Fixed bugs with some non-US keyboard configurations not being bindable.
    Fixed audio problems with the Seraph Spectral Throw Effect and the Conqueror's Campaign Portal Effect.
    Fixed a bug where microtransactions would not show up on items linked in chat.
    Fixed a dupe method involving the Mirror of Kalandra. It no longer also duplicates an item that was skin transfered into the target item.

Deleted
    Inc viper strike builds

- - - Updated - - -

Elemental build!

The stash tab color tag thing. Goodness gracious! Thats a lot nicer than I thought it would be!