I don't see myself using any of those skills. Maybe the corpses one but that's simply because free buffs, just another form of aura. When they mentioned 4 new summoner skills I was really hoping for something more....more?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't see myself using any of those skills. Maybe the corpses one but that's simply because free buffs, just another form of aura. When they mentioned 4 new summoner skills I was really hoping for something more....more?
    To me, the difference is that 2 of those skills are actives. As in, you're actively using them to kill enemies and at the same time you make use of your other summoning skills and passives. The summoning tree, in my opinion, lacked activity for the most part. Now, two spells have been added that make the caster part of the combat.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-01-21 at 12:42 PM.

I don't play a summoner to be part of the combat =p
    As I understand it, the biggest need for summoners is the ability to level up, since right now if you want to be a summoner in nemesis the common consensus seems to be to level up as something else and respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yay! My PoE hiatus will be over when 1.0.6 hits.

Some more active summoner-oriented skills are a welcome sight to me.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-01-21 at 01:38 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    since right now if you want to be a summoner in nemesis the common consensus seems to be to level up as something else and respec.
    That goes for most builds tbh...

It's simply an efficiency thing where most builds don't become truly viable until you hit 60+, at least not without taking your time gearing up at certain stages along the way. Instead it's just easier to go spectral throw and pick up some phys nodes along the way and drop them later.

The two buff skills look interesting, especially the block one as minions will gain a lot of survivability if it scales well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The two buff skills look interesting, especially the block one as minions will gain a lot of survivability if it scales well.
    That was the skill that most interested me, to buff minions during a tough boss fight where minions usually melt like butter tossed into a volcano. My only real concern with the buffs will be their radius. My second concern will be trying to fit these into a build, literally, as I'm usually low on gem slots as a summoner. I'll also be curious as to the duration of the Offerings, and if both buffs can be active at the same time, and if the buff can stay active if the item used to grant the buff is on a weapon swap (I'm guessing yes from how it reads).

I'll also be curious to see how Raging Spirit's damage compares to Summon Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    That goes for most builds tbh...

It's simply an efficiency thing where most builds don't become truly viable until you hit 60+, at least not without taking your time gearing up at certain stages along the way. Instead it's just easier to go spectral throw and pick up some phys nodes along the way and drop them later.

The rush to max level is literally of 0 importance to me. I have about 7 or 8 HC characters around lvl 30, 40 and I'm perfectly happy just playing the game.

Deleted
    I just realized that I got an Azure Imp mask (second rarest from the last steam holiday sale) in my inventory ... if someone is intrested, i'd rather trade it for a leftover humblebundle key than sell it on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The rush to max level is literally of 0 importance to me. I have about 7 or 8 HC characters around lvl 30, 40 and I'm perfectly happy just playing the game.
    That is ofc fine, generally though I'd say most build guides use the efficiency model for leveling and then transitioning in to the build you want to play.

A summoner is possible to level with, it's just painfully slow.

Deleted
    Can all items turn into unique items? Or do you need a specific base item?
    I just found a coloseum plate (white, 6 slots) Should i chanse it? Or make it a rare?

Deleted
    Whaaa sweet, thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    Can all items turn into unique items? Or do you need a specific base item?
    I just found a coloseum plate (white, 6 slots) Should i chanse it? Or make it a rare?
    6 Slots alone is not tremendously valuable, how many links does it have?

I as thinking of starting this game, lately I have ARPG itch that needs scratching. Is there a build that is similar to D2 summonmancer (skeletons and/or zombies and preferably something explodey), and how viable it is? Leveling speed is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    I as thinking of starting this game, lately I have ARPG itch that needs scratching. Is there a build that is similar to D2 summonmancer (skeletons and/or zombies and preferably something explodey), and how viable it is? Leveling speed is not a problem.
    All of the things you listed above are in the game. You can summon skeletons, zombies, you can make them explode when they die, you can share your shield stats with them (to make them beefier), you can even link them to a totem (or dual totems) and have totems take care of summoning for you while you stack up on auras or CC abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Of course. There are several variatns of summoners that have skeletons and zombies. Though there is nothing stopping any summoner build from having ghosts, flaming skulls, living weapons and golems in addition to the skeletons and zombies.

There are so many builds for summoning I am not really sure which to recommend.

I have been running this in the new hardcore league: http://tinyurl.com/mxz84rt

Fairly straight forward build; lots of minions with the auras to support them through almost anything. Might have to move a few points around to accommodate for dexterity and strength requirements during leveling. However, at around level 70 or so the build's core is somewhat complete and everything else is a bonus.

Sort of a generic summoner that let me use whatever I happened to find along the way- staff, shield, wand, whatever it may be. Obviously that is why I went this route in a fresh league with no currency to my name. So I think it might be useful to a new player that is essentially playing under the same personal wealth conditions as a new league.

Ran; zombies (5-6L chest), skeletons (4L gloves), specters (4L boots), two curses (3L shield), detonate dead (3L) and Discipline, Clarity & Purity auras (4L helmet).

Zombie support gems - Minion Damage, Minion Life, Minion Resistance, Melee Splash or Attacks, Added Chaos or Fire Damage
    Skeleton support gems - Minion Damage, Minion Speed, Added Chaos of Fire Damage (both are viable)
    Curses - Temporal Chains or Vulnerability, Flammability or Conductivity, Increase Area of Effect
    Auras - Reduced Mana, Clarity, Discipline, Purity
    Specter support gems - Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Minion Damage, Minion Life
    Detonate Dead support gems- Faster Casting, Concentrated Effect, Culling Strike (early to mid game) or Added Fire Damage, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Proliferation (late game)

Curse up mob packs, summon lots of skeletons, zombies tank, specters provide artillery while you corpse explode all around them. Pretty simple as I said.

My witch is like 74 and still alive in Nemesis.

I think I'm finally going to give PoE a real run. My question is tho can the "barb" style character duel wield.

Also dose the end game gear styles look decent? and what is level cap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Looks like summoners got a few more passives to choose from, and a few of the old ones got some buffs, like regen, life steal, and chaos/ele resist.

Yeah summoners are really a hot class to play right now, with buffed life steal they should be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Looks like summoners got a few more passives to choose from, and a few of the old ones got some buffs, like regen, life steal, and chaos/ele resist.
    I can't friggin' wait!

My favorite build in POE has been a summoner since CBT. Highest class I ever had was a 80-something Witch that was an absolute joy to play. I was one of the richest players on CBT Legacy. Pages of exalts, rich.

I think only like 4 other active legacy players were close to my wealth.

So ready for this patch. So, so ready.