Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Who knows, might be different download locations, I doubt my 100/10 connection struggles downloading a 1,5gb file. =)

Seems they know how to price things reasonably for the shop after taking a peek as well.
    Ya the cash-shop prices are pretty good already bought the phoenix headwear.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

I didn't expect a 1.5GB patch, and neither did I expect the download speed to be so poor. Jumping between 100-500 KB/s, sitting on a 100Mbit fibre connection.

Either the download server is cramped (are there regional servers for those?) or it's far away.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Nice to see that the points you get for buying closed beta is more or less exactly like if you spent the money in the store to begin with
    25€ for Kiwi pack = 250 store points = 25€ if you buy points now
    Maybe I'll by a new zealand cockroach pet
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Didn't expect the download speed to be poor? There's literally thousands of people hammering those patch servers. Some people are even getting 5mb/s+ spikes, which is actually pretty damn good.

Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

This is with 3 other laptops using the same connection as i speak

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Didn't expect the download speed to be poor? There's literally thousands of people hammering those patch servers. Some people are even getting 5mb/s+ spikes, which is actually pretty damn good.
    Obviously I was wrong, no need to rain poop on me.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I didn't expect a 1.5GB patch, and neither did I expect the download speed to be so poor. Jumping between 100-500 KB/s, sitting on a 100Mbit fibre connection.

Either the download server is cramped (are there regional servers for those?) or it's far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post

This is with 3 other laptops using the same connection as i speak
    Looks like a EU issue then as I'm in Sweden as well.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

I've considered that . At the time im writing this im downloading the patch at a whooping 13kb/s . Whoooa.

Yup gotta be an EU issue only time my client slowed was when i reach the 99% mark.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I've considered that . At the time im writing this im downloading the patch at a whooping 13kb/s . Whoooa.
    Same trend here, even dropping down to just 300 Bytes per second on occasion
    I’m not that arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    notticed...and tbh i expected the chaos resist to be closer to the center/bottom of the tree rather than up there with CI

Also

changed quickly though :P

As for the download speed they upped that from 3 terabytes per hour to 50 last night and it's still this bad....lots 'O' people want in

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Looks like a EU issue then as I'm in Sweden as well.

Only getting 1-200kbs here in America. I normally download at 1-2mbs

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    notticed...and tbh i expected the chaos resist to be closer to the center/bottom of the tree rather than up there with CI

Also

changed quickly though :P

As for the download speed they upped that from 3 terabytes per hour to 50 last night and it's still this bad....lots 'O' people want in

I only show that at 1000.00, not that price

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Only getting 1-200kbs here in America. I normally download at 1-2mbs
    Guess some just got lucky then, still bouncing between 0kb and 2mb with 200ish to go.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Entire download took about 8 mins for me it was a bit slower then usual.

A log in que and the servers aren't open yet.

• PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I only show that at 1000.00, not that price
    It was caught quickly...very quickly and changed to what it should be.

Not even 50% through the download yet

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Entire download took about 8 mins for me it was a bit slower then usual.

I now hate you. j/k

Not Really

They said they are "aggressively" ordering new servers because of the spike in users that the last few days when closed beta keys became way more accessible brought. I don't really expect to start playing today

What's the worst that can happen to you ...

I'm stuck between 80 and 100%
    Had 800 bytes per second earlier, didnt think the client could even measure such low numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...