Even though I was planning on going DW/EV on my 1st char, I, for whatever reason, when Summoner, with a focus on Raging Spirit. Playing on Beyond.

The Beyond monsters are more annoying than challenging. It's like all of them have a regen aura, so I have to kite them and split them up to kill them. Most of them do AoE, so Zombies last only a second or two once the portals open. Some are extremely fast (can keep up with, or are faster than, Quicksilver), others have degen auras, etc. The plus side is that I am a summoner with decent survivability atm, so I'm not in the middle of everything when the portals spawn. I do wish there was a delay between the portal and the creatures spawning.

Merveil phase 2 was retardedly annoying, since Zombies last only as long as their raise animation before they are dead. I'm sure she would be easier on almost any other build. Brutus seemed easier, but also desync free, since his room is now wide open. He only killed 1 zombie, and the entire fight might have lasted 6 seconds; Raging Spirits ate him alive.

New particle effects and sound effects are quite nice and add to the game well. I also want to say that the minimap art for caves have been updated, I don't remember them having any blue in them.

I have run into 2 of the Masters 3-4 times each (Mara, Templar). 2 of the 3 Mara quests were just about right, the 3rd required me finding the spirit w/in a time limit. I found it, destroyed the creature controlling it with a few seconds left, then it said I failed. 2 of the Templar ones were challenging, while the other 2 overwhelmed me. Low level summoners just can't face large hordes like that very well, especially as early as Mud Flats when a bunch of the enemies are archers and only focus on the relic.

From what I have read, beware falling rocks, esp on HC.

Level 63 is enough for day one, now time for some 6 hours of sleep before going for 80. :P

Deleted
    Just did Merveil on normal and holy fuck. Ain't it hard. I love this fight. So much more challenging than before. Really love the rework on her fight!

I like the Merveil re-work but wish I could see what in the heck is going on. New Merveil tanks my FPS harder than Dominus.

An open letter to GGG:

Dearest GGG,

Your engine's performance is awful.

Love always, Fencers (from the Internet)

Deleted
    Lol, Fencers. Nice message.

I actually don't experience any fps issues unless shit shows up all at once in less than a second, like Dominus summoning 5 totems at the same time and stuff.

Deleted
    Which quest do you get Herald of Ice and Ash from?

Oh, you know what? I'm sick of this Beyond league bullshit. And I had enough of you too, Catarina.

I can't play POE all day/ev' day. Not going to spend 5 hours getting to Cruel and an hour looking for a zombie.

Had enough. Going Rampage when I get the chance.

Deleted
    What's up, Fencers? Portals spawning all the time? Haven't tried Beyond yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh, you know what? I'm sick of this Beyond league bullshit. And I had enough of you too, Catarina.

I can't play POE all day/ev' day. Not going to spend 5 hours getting to Cruel and an hour looking for a zombie.

Had enough. Going Rampage when I get the chance.
    Probably not a bad idea considering how Haku and Elreon seem to bug out and murder people at the moment.

I just died after opening a strongbox (on my Marauder with more regen than God), because ..well.. the word desync comes to mind, but it was actually rather more like being pulled or even teleported back into the original spot of opening the box. I re-synced several time and just ended watching myself get slaughtered. I have to say, that looked awfully bugged to me.

Which is extremely annoying, because I was quite satisfied with my increase in survivability and damage due to these tree changes.

So basically, patch killed my character, yay. Pissed off does not describe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I just died after opening a strongbox (on my Marauder with more regen than God), because ..well.. the word desync comes to mind, but it was actually rather more like being pulled or even teleported back into the original spot of opening the box. I re-synced several time and just ended watching myself get slaughtered. I have to say, that looked awfully bugged to me.

Which is extremely annoying, because I was quite satisfied with my increase in survivability and damage due to these tree changes.

So basically, patch killed my character, yay. Pissed off does not describe this.
    Messing around with Strongboxes unprepared on HC, especially in solo play, is something that you'll regret. A friend who never played Ambush or 1M already died because his friends got careless with a DD box. You're likely to get stunned or blocked because the mobs effectively surround you and that will lead to mass desync. Get a Quartz flask (other defensive flasks don't hurt either) or a movement ability and maybe a Decoy/Skeleton totem and a CWDT Immortal Call setup and the risk goes does substantially. Detonate Dead boxes are instant rip if you're not prepared, Ice Nova/Exploding and Freezes you on activation are also dangerous (need a thawing flask) as well as Guarded by Rogue Exiles on higher levels. The 3 rogue exile unique boxes are fun though.

I opened almost all boxes I came across in 1MHC on my marauder with 2x Decoy Totem, CWDT setup, Granite+Sapphire+Ruby flasks and 3-linked Lightning Warp. A bit overkill perhaps but I didn't feel too bad about it after seeing or hearing about many rips or near rips.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-08-21 at 07:00 PM.

I've never had rubberband-ing due to opening an strongbox. Though some of the strongboxes intentionally root, stun, block, freeze and/or silence you upon opening.

I've never had rubberband-ing due to opening an strongbox. Though some of the strongboxes intentionally root, stun, block, freeze and/or silence you upon opening.
    Yeah but not several times after another.

That said, I'm 100% convinced that the desync has gotten worse by a mile, /oos every 10 seconds does not cut it anymore. Mobs are allover the place, some mobs are invisible, but can be heard and suddenly appear when they enter their striking animations. My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Messing around with Strongboxes unprepared on HC, especially in solo play, is something that you'll regret. A friend who never played Ambush or 1M already died because his friends got careless with a DD box. You're likely to get stunned or blocked because the mobs effectively surround you and that will lead to mass desync. Get a Quartz flask (other defensive flasks don't hurt either) or a movement ability and maybe a Decoy/Skeleton totem and a CWDT Immortal Call setup and the risk goes does substantially. Detonate Dead boxes are instant rip if you're not prepared, Ice Nova/Exploding and Freezes you on activation are also dangerous (need a thawing flask) as well as Guarded by Rogue Exiles on higher levels. The 3 rogue exile unique boxes are fun though.

I opened almost all boxes I came across in 1MHC on my marauder with 2x Decoy Totem, CWDT setup, Granite+Sapphire+Topaz flasks and 3-linked Lightning Warp. A bit overkill perhaps but I didn't feel too bad about it after seeing or hearing about many rips or near rips.
    I would like to go beyond cruel for once though. Sucks it keeps ripping my characters to things that are not tied to gameplay.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-08-21 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, you know what? I'm sick of this Beyond league bullshit.
    /nelson laugh . I hope you aren't a grandmasta supporta ♥♥♥♥

And now repeat after me
    It's not broken, a bug or some corrupting issue in the programing of the game; simply the method in which GGG chose to handle client and server communication.

shit the patch is 1.4gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    /nelson laugh . I hope you aren't a grandmasta supporta ♥♥♥♥

And now repeat after me
    What does desync have to do with the Beyond league mechanics? What relevance is my earlier post to Beyond league?

Deleted
    Why did I zone in before going afk...
    Was just sad coming back and seeing I was dead :\

Deleted
    Does anyone know Which quest you get Herald of Ice and Ash from?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Why did I zone in before going afk...
    Was just sad coming back and seeing I was dead :\
    I only AFK in town. Even if the zone has 0 monsters remaining. I don't trust that counter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Does anyone know Which quest you get Herald of Ice and Ash from?
    From what I have been reading, Tolman quest in Act 3.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Installed last night since it has new shinies to give it a second glance. Like it much better this time around. I have no idea what has changed, but I think I'll keep playing and see how it goes. Accidentally created a season character, but I guess it doesn't matter since it gets converted to normal when it is over. It still feels awkward to me, but it was much more enjoyable. Playing a sword and board Templar atm...feels more like a standard warrior than anything else. Liking it though.
    BAD WOLF