Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a chance to look at the new supporter packs and I have to say I can't wait till these are gone.

Talk about awful awful awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Looks pretty dman good. I'm on a bit of a PoE break right now, but I'll be rerolling something for Fall of Oriath for sure.

I'm thinking a block capped Gladiator, I saw a good build for it on the forums.
    I did this in, uh, the first league which had the ascendance with an Earthquake build and I can say that, while a little slow, you just could not die. I'd almost say that making a defensive Gladiator is a little too tanky for softcore but it got me to 90 without issue. You can probably go DW Cleave/Lacerate and still be a monster at survival while benefiting from increased clearing with relatively cheap items.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-06-08 at 08:13 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I did this in, uh, the first league which had the ascendance with an Earthquake build and I can say that, while a little slow, you just could not die.
    No such thing as too tanky for me ������. I'm thinking the Static Strike version, or maybe Cleave with the new support gem that boosts physical damage (at the cost of elemental).
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if you go into the Labyrinth as a group, and a member dies (while others are still alive), will the dead person rejoin the ongoing run or will it start a new one for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Does anyone know if you go into the Labyrinth as a group, and a member dies (while others are still alive), will the dead person rejoin the ongoing run or will it start a new one for them?
    New one.

When you die in lab its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am having an absolute blast, I have a witch that is pure necromancer. ALL THE DEAD BODIES FOLLOW ME! I love it! I haven't died in who knows how long. Just got into cruel difficulty and raping face the whole way. She's level 46 I think, and is going strong.

I decided to go back to my first char, a ranger. I played 15 minutes, died twice, gave the fuck up. I spent the next 20 or so minutes trying to look up builds I might like, and I just can't find a damned thing that entices me. My perks are all over the place, I'm probably going to scrap her and start over. She's only like level 40, I can do that in a night. But I have no idea what skills to use, what support gems, hell, I don't even know what perks to pick. I don't know enough about this game, nor do I plan on being a min-max'er at endgame, to figure out the complicated information people post for builds online.

I am going to start a templar with a friend. My initial idea is Armor + ES gear, shield and sceptre, but I'm not sure what sort of spells I should be using. I'm not a fan of melee classes to tell the truth. I want something that can just do good AoE hits without me having to actually target everything I want to hit initially, that's so tiresome and why I play casters and ranged characters.

But it's like, I had such an easy time figuring out what to do with the witch, I can't believe it's taking me so much effort to figure out what to do with other classes!
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Usually just comes down to what skill your prefer playing with. Most builds are pretty similar, they just delve into extra potency from specific unique synergy with a particular skill and such.

You mention you are going to play a Templar, for example. Most Templars go Inquisitor because of the passive that lets you bypass enemy elemental resistance with crits. So whether you are a flame totem build, a flameblast build, a ball lightning build, ice nova, etc., etc... Those builds all usually build around the same stuff, crits, spell damage, elemental damage, etc., (obviously the totem builds will build into totem damage as well). But you could swap any spell into any of those builds and it would probably work well enough depending on what you are trying to do.

So yeah. Experiment with the spells and find the one you like using, chances are you can pretty easily integrate it into any number of builds and get relatively far with it.
    That's exactly what i'm doing - build is pretty solid and being it basically all about spell or elemental damage, i can change my main spell with whatever i want (even other elements) because it's so generic.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of running something along these lines for Fall of Oriath. Immortal Gladiator

It's basically the same as the one from the forums, but I've put in a couple of tweaks and spent the final 11 points. I'll be running the Static Strike version, because I have a wierd love for that skill...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know of a site that shows a data table of all the modifier gems you can use on ability gems?

- - - Updated - - -

Noice! I'll have to have a look at see what goodness they have on offer...

Kinda wish I'd been told this when I subscribed to Prime.
    I'm glad you guys posted this. I had no idea this was the case. I just linked my Amazon Prime and got my free purple twitch loots!

Has anyone played with Freeze Mine recently? I only toyed around with it once looong ago in like v1.0 or so, give or take, and back then you could pretty much freeze-lock everything but bosses (with my unoptimized build), maybe could freeze bosses too if you were set up properly.. For some reason I'm contemplating it again as an Elementalist in 3.0. Using Elemental Equilibrium and Mastermind of Dischord (Orb of Storms for sure and probably Flameblast Totem), Blasphemy Temp Chains and Elemental Weakness, that new support gem that greatly increases the duration of ailments, and things like that... likely Elemental Overload for consistency.. Any idea if that sounds viable?

I guess I shouldn't expect to freeze real bosses, in which case if I focus too much on Freeze Mine I probably can't really do anything.. hmm. Or think I would be able to freeze bosses?...

I think I'll go for some tri-elemental status ailment Elementalist either way, but I'm wondering if Freeze Mine as the primary skill has any merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Has anyone played with Freeze Mine recently? I only toyed around with it once looong ago in like v1.0 or so, give or take, and back then you could pretty much freeze-lock everything but bosses (with my unoptimized build), maybe could freeze bosses too if you were set up properly.. For some reason I'm contemplating it again as an Elementalist in 3.0. Using Elemental Equilibrium and Mastermind of Dischord (Orb of Storms for sure and probably Flameblast Totem), Blasphemy Temp Chains and Elemental Weakness, that new support gem that greatly increases the duration of ailments, and things like that... likely Elemental Overload for consistency.. Any idea if that sounds viable?

I guess I shouldn't expect to freeze real bosses, in which case if I focus too much on Freeze Mine I probably can't really do anything.. hmm. Or think I would be able to freeze bosses?...

I think I'll go for some tri-elemental status ailment Elementalist either way, but I'm wondering if Freeze Mine as the primary skill has any merit.
    Problem with stun and freeze is that you need to do enough damage (it's % of total enemy hp pool). Bosses have large hp pools.

I know; but even back in the day, long before a lot of passives and such were added, and when I had minimal idea of what I was doing, I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of being able to freeze bosses like Piety and Dominus back when they were the end of the main game; once in a while a freeze would last a split second, so maybe if I had just one more link or actually had Elemental Equilibrium back then.... Of course enemies are much stronger now, but so are players, so hm.

I know it's extremely unlikely you can freeze later bosses, but I guess I'm just asking if anyone has 100% confirmation either way. Maybe I'll try it as an experiment if not. I won't get tooo many Mine-related passives and probably not until late in my tree, so hopefully I'll be able to salvage the character if I don't find it effective.

Next patch delayed until Tuesday next week...assuming they don't find more stuff that needs fixing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, this is frustrating the shit out of me. I'm trying to clear Merc Labs. I can get up to the third fight, and I shit you not, within the first 5 seconds or so I get fucking one-shot by Izaro. I'm level 75, all of my resistances are capped (and Fire and Cold are overcapped about 140%), I have about 3k HP and 4k ES, I'm playing a 1200 STR Witch Necro with 6 uber zombies. They rape the fuck out of everything I've tried so far, up the Tier 6 maps (haven't tried higher yet), but this freaking Izaro fight I just can't freaking clear! My zombies can do just fine DPS on the fight, I just can't survive long enough for them to finish it. I wanna get this cleared before 3.0, but it's just pissing me off so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar problem on my Thor Marauder... could facetank anything, but Izaro chews through me like I'm nothing.

Does he have some resistance negation aura or something?

Isn't the majority of Izaro's damage physical? Given the way Armour works I don't think it was very effective, but I think both Basalt Flasks (20% phys damage reduction) and CWDT Immortal Call were both helpful for surviving that encounter... All his ranged attacks are avoidable so it may be best to just keep moving 90% of the time and rely on your zombies to whittle things down. Only take a brief moment to cast stuff after you've dodged an attack.

You could try running the Discipline aura to further boost your EHP too. Have you also crafted +life mods on whatever gear you can?

If that's still not enough, I wouldn't hesitate to go do some more maps for more levels and gear and try again once you're stronger. I know that's not an ideal answer, but there are only so many solutions to instantly boost your EHP without spending respec points or such.

10+ Year Old Account
    also, are you making sure to kill the guardians/portals/disabling conduits before killing Izaro in the two previous rooms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    also, are you making sure to kill the guardians/portals/disabling conduits before killing Izaro in the two previous rooms?
    Wait, does that have an effect on the third fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, does that have an effect on the third fight?
    If you disable them In the first and second room, they are not active in the third boss room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    No, for two reasons. One, my zombies kill him in rooms 1 and 2 too fast for me to even try, and two, I want the extra lewt :-)