Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Anyone tried/playing the Templar Inqusitor Frostbolt build??

https://www.poebuilds.net/frostbolt

I am looking for a cool Staff build and this one was the only one i could find.
    Its a default mega-safe fun build in maps cause nothing ever touches you cause its frozen or dead 3 screens away, was perfect for Abyss League.

Also this dude has 0 cast speed compared to what you can get .

Had a Inqui Frostbolt last league, 7 casts/second is where the fun is with around ~600% crit damage.

With currency spending you can get more multiplier to around 650% i guess.

You just wont have anything else on the screen but Frostbolt orbs though, not that you care.

If i recall after some gear was fixed around bosses up to T10 would get Frozen -->dead instantly also, after that it just took a couple more seconds, its generally a very easy very OP build.

https://pastebin.com/VgBHuiyZ

This is my character from last league with this built, obviously not the staff or mega expensive items.

Hypothermia is better at the start when you dont have gear, Increased Critical hit damage after T12 maps since most bosses cant get chilled for long and Hypothermia is useless.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-12 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i am incredibly new to the game (less than 18hrs play time). I decided to give it a shot since the new Graphics update looked cool. I am currently playing a ranger and would like to play a ranged build end game. I am experienced with basically every other ARPG out there, so this isn't my first rodeo really. I just a had a few questions.

A) Will I be able to fully reset my Passives at some point? (I have 2 passive reset things, but dont know if that is a full one or just a single point, and did not want to waste them at this point).

B) The random drops (Blacksmiths stone, Orb of XX, Silver Coin, etc) do i just hold on to these? I am currently hording them because i don't know their value.

C) During the leveling process are there any fatal noob mistakes that i should avoid? I read something about Bandits so I am trying to find a decent starter build, so i know which bandit choice to make.

D) Is there a good website that I should refer to? I have done cursory Google searches, but a lot of them seem to have currency/boosting services advertised so i can't tell how quality they are.

Thanks folks.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    A) Will I be able to fully reset my Passives at some point? (I have 2 passive reset things, but dont know if that is a full one or just a single point, and did not want to waste them at this point).
    They're just single refund points, you can't totally reset your whole tree. HOWEVER, sometimes GGG does hand out full tree resets, but don't count on that.
    B) The random drops (Blacksmiths stone, Orb of XX, Silver Coin, etc) do i just hold on to these? I am currently hording them because i don't know their value.
    Silver Coins you should use ASAP, they give you prophecies which can be very useful. As for the other currencies, I tend to sit on them for ages, because I'm a hoarder... However: If you're planning to play only using gear you find, use the currency as and when you feel it's right, to improve your gear. If you're planning on trading to get gear check out places like PoE.Trade
    C) During the leveling process are there any fatal noob mistakes that i should avoid? I read something about Bandits so I am trying to find a decent starter build, so i know which bandit choice to make.
    Yeah, there is a quest in act two where you can side with one of three Bandits for a permanant boost, OR kill all three and you'll get two passive points to spend. Your choice is dependant on what build you're going for, which is also the answer to the first part of your question. Namely, use a build. Don't just randomly asign your points, because you'll end up unplayable .

D) Is there a good website that I should refer to? I have done cursory Google searches, but a lot of them seem to have currency/boosting services advertised so i can't tell how quality they are.
    I tend to bounce between here, the Path of Exile wiki, the official forums and the Reddit. Between those sites you can find everything you need.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They're just single refund points, you can't totally reset your whole tree. HOWEVER, sometimes GGG does hand out full tree resets, but don't count on that.

~snip~

Don't just randomly asign your points, because you'll end up unplayable .
    So, if i am about level 15 or so, i should probably just restart? Find a build and go from there at the beginning? I spent points where i thought they would be useful, but i did not follow a build at all.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

So, if i am about level 15 or so, i should probably just restart? Find a build and go from there at the beginning? I spent points where i thought they would be useful, but i did not follow a build at all.
    Most builds start the same so you shouldnt have to fully restart, just follow the build you want after that and fix the few points, you will get like 20 refund points in total by the quests or so.

Bandits can be changed at any time with a vendor recipe its not a big problem also, the default +2 passives is mostly picked either way for most builds and it generally does not really matter at the end game.

But a few things if you are going with Bow build since you went the default ranger for ranged build choice ;p

Do realize that bow abilities are generally OP for clearing, shit at bosses apart from Barrage which is completely mega broken burst DPS, so most ranged builds have both abilities combined and usually for serious stuff require 2 6links (Bow and Body Armour) to really work.

I am just stating the fact cause it can be quite overwhelming/expensive for a new player after they realize -how the game works-.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess since im so early on, is Ranger really a noob friendly character or not, i could switch any time, im not far at all. I like ranged classes in games like D3/D2/Titansgrave, so if there is a better starter class/build then ill happily switch. This game is neat but it does a shit job at introducing some of its concepts. Ideally i would want to play something that clears stuff pretty quickly, and maybe single targets a little slower. I want to be mostly solo viable as i know zero people that play. Not looking to push any type of crazy endgame.

I guess since im so early on, is Ranger really a noob friendly character or not, i could switch any time, im not far at all. I like ranged classes in games like D3/D2/Titansgrave, so if there is a better starter class/build then ill happily switch. This game is neat but it does a shit job at introducing some of its concepts. Ideally i would want to play something that clears stuff pretty quickly, and maybe single targets a little slower. I want to be mostly solo viable as i know zero people that play. Not looking to push any type of crazy endgame.
    Anything is everything, dont get me wrong, Ranger is just passively squishy cause of the way the side of the tree is, especially at the start mostly because its Evasion/Dexterity side which is good on paper but, 5 Evades/dodges, 1 hit = Dead can be very frustrating for newer players.

Just keep going as you are, i am just giving relevant info, not trying to make you not play Ranger.

I am just mentioning that if you are going -bow- abilities with it, you need to know that they are awesome for farming, terrible for bosses and the way for it to be good at both is expensive gear and a combo of Ability A for clearing, Ability B (Barrage ability basically) for bosses.

I recommend you stick with it if you are gonna play a lot of it since first character being a farmer is always the correct way
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-20 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At level 15, you can't really go THAT wrong. I'd try and find a build you like the look of, and then see how close you are to it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    But at the same time, at level 15 you can easily start again, it won't take long to go back there (useful tip: use almost any skill with splash by default for leveling, or that shoots multiple things at time, I saw so many newcomers using single target skills for leveling)
    This is what i am probably going to do. I went almost straight right as ranger with all the bow damage traits, as im used to other ARPGs prioritizing damage then defense.

Now to just decide if ranger is what i want to play. Really just want to play a mid-long range character that farms well. Any suggestions since i am starting again? Sorry for the 1000 questions, really new to this game and have zero friends that play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    But at the same time, at level 15 you can easily start again, it won't take long to go back there (useful tip: use almost any skill with splash by default for leveling, or that shoots multiple things at time, I saw so many newcomers using single target skills for leveling)
    Also a fair point. As I said before it's worth just checking Reddit/PoE Forums to find a build he'd like to play. IF the one he finds is close to what he's done so far, then why not stick with his current character.

HOWEVER, if he's gone SUPER wrong, which is possible, then at level 15 that's not exactly a lot of work to make up for.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123989

Amazing April Fool's Day joke.

(And yes it's real. It's approximately a 1gb download on steam)

I have played POE both on GGG client and through steam, but now i want to play my main account on steam through GGG client again how do i merge my steam account so i can play on GGG client again with my Beastiery character??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I have played POE both on GGG client and through steam, but now i want to play my main account on steam through GGG client again how do i merge my steam account so i can play on GGG client again with my Beastiery character??
    Send GGG a email and ask them to set your Steam account up to work on the standalone client.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Send GGG a email and ask them to set your Steam account up to work on the standalone client.
    Thx will try that ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    What to Expect From Content Update 3.3.0

In just less than a month, we're going to start promotion for Path of Exile's next big release - currently known as Content Update 3.3.0. While it's too early to reveal the full details of this release, we wanted to answer some general questions about its scope so that you have an idea of what to expect (and when).

Is 3.3.0 an Expansion or League?
    After a few years of alternating expansions and leagues, we released two expansions back-to-back in late 2017. Our March release blurred the line between an expansion and a league (with a league alongside a significant Ascendancy revamp, introduction of the Uber Elder fight and new skills). We are pitching 3.3.0 in a similar way. It is branded as a league, but is certainly a large release compared to leagues of the past.

In parallel, we are also working on our next big expansion for release later this year.

What's 3.3.0's League like?
    When designing 3.3.0's league, we wanted to reinforce the core of what makes Path of Exile fun to play: killing monsters, gaining experience and earning items in every area you enter. We'll talk more about this league when it's being announced next month. If you enjoyed leagues that involved a lot of monster-killing like Ambush and Breach, you'll certainly enjoy this one.

What else is included in 3.3.0?
    Alongside many smaller features you can read about on announcement day, a huge push in 3.3.0 is skill revamps and facilitating new builds. Normally we'd keep this balance information quiet until announcement day, but I have been encouraging the team to write news posts that explain the changes so that you can give us feedback and begin to think about new builds. In addition to the revamps, there are also a bunch of new Trap skills that go hand-in-hand with balance changes to make Trappers a lot more powerful this league. You can read some early information about 3.3.0 skill revamps posted by the team here and here.

It's our belief that every Path of Exile release needs a really compelling and rewarding league, alongside enough skill and metagame changes to have many exciting builds for you to look forward to experiencing that content with.

What's the timeline for 3.3.0? When should I book time off work?
    We currently expect to release 3.3.0 on Friday June 1. The Xbox One version will be released after that weekend, as close as possible to the PC version. While we're pretty confident in this date (because 3.3.0's league and many of the balance changes are already in the gameplay iteration phase), it could still change if something unexpected occurs. We'll announce the final firm date in approximately a month.

Are you running an Alpha test for 3.3.0?
    Yes, we will be, after the contents are announced next month. Please don't apply for Alpha access based on reading this - it doesn't work like that.

What's happening with Supporter Packs? When are the War for the Atlas ones going away?
    3.3.0 has its own set of league supporter packs. When these are released, the Bestiary ones will go off sale (we'll give you notice before this occurs, of course). The War for the Atlas packs will remain on sale until the next big expansion, which will also be announced in advance so you can plan your purchases appropriately.

Are you still making improvements to Bestiary?
    Yes, alongside developing 3.3.0, we're working on addressing feedback and fixing issues in the Bestiary League. An example is solving the issue where Red/Yellow beasts can be shattered or have their corpses destroyed, preventing Necromancy Nets from working on them.

Is there going to be some type of race event before 3.2.0 ends?
    Yes, we're planning a big Flashback event from early to late May, on both PC and Xbox One. We'll post more information as we approach it! This doesn't rule out the possibility of community or invitational races, which we're also trying to make happen.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2128783

10+ Year Old Account
    May Flashback Event!

We're excited to announce that we will be running a competitive Flashback Event from 9am Friday May 4th (NZT) until 10am Tuesday May 29th (NZT). It will run in parallel to the Bestiary League which will also be enabled on the event so that you can continue your challenge progression there. The event will include rotating mods from 11 popular past Path of Exile leagues. There are microtransactions, Mystery Boxes, Demigod's Dominances and bragging rights up for grabs!

Event Details
    The Flashback Event will have three random mods from popular past leagues activated at once. The collection of mods will persist in that area for one hour and the collection of mods will vary from area to area. After an hour has passed the mods will randomize for each area again. Each area will also have the Bestiary league enabled which means that you can continue to finish your challenges while you compete in the Flashback Event.

The possible league mods that you could see in an instance alongside Bestiary are Anarchy, Invasion, Breach, Ambush, Torment, Perandus, Beyond, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Abyss and Harbinger.

As an example, the Dried Lake could have Bestiary, Breach, Beyond and Harbinger active for one hour and will then randomise to another assortment like Bestiary, Ambush, Perandus, Invasion and then again to Bestiary, Ambush, Beyond, Torment and so on.

Flashback mods will be disabled for some areas that aren't suitable to containing multiple of them. These areas include the Oba's Cursed Trove and Untainted Paradise unique maps. Other similar maps may be excluded also as we continue our testing for this event. Flashback will also be disabled in small side areas like Aspirant's Trial, Vaal areas and some Tora missions.

Event Variations
    We will be running Standard, Hardcore, Standard SSF and Hardcore SSF versions of the Flashback event on both PC and Xbox One! The prize pool will be shared among all versions of the event (more in-depth information in the Prizes section of this post below).

Prizes
    If you reach level 35 in the Flashback Event you will be instantly awarded a Sin and Innocence Mystery Box. This is only possible once per account. Leveling multiple characters to level 35 will not grant additional mystery boxes.

The top 10 of each version of the event will receive an Alternate Art Demigod's Dominance. Ranks 11-30 will receive a normal Demigod's Dominance.

We will also be awarding the prizes below based on your character level at the end of the event. For example, if you reach level 85 with one character you would be in the draw to win any of the prizes from the level 45-85 range. You can win more than one prize per account.
    Spoiler: 
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2135844

10+ Year Old Account
    Skill Revamps - Part 4, Vaal Skill Changes.

In Content Update 3.3.0, we're reworking the core mechanic of Vaal Skills. We've done this to improve some of the problems that most Vaal skills have. Vaal Skills were always intended to be super-skills that can be used at pivotal moments for a big burst of power, so we're making various changes to help them better achieve this goal.

Here are some major changes to the Vaal skill system. These are intended to address some problems with the Vaal skill system, noted below.

• Vaal Skill Gems now grant the regular and the Vaal version of the skill. This is to remove the socket pressure that Vaal skills suffered from, so you no longer have to give up an Aura, Herald, Triggered Skill or a well-linked secondary skill, and you can justify using a Vaal gem in your best set of linked sockets.
    • Unique and Rare enemies now grant souls to Vaal Skills as they lose life. Longer fights will generate more Vaal souls for your skills. We'll reveal the exact mechanics once we're completely happy with them. Most Vaal skills couldn't be used more than a couple of times on bosses until this change, and couldn't be used at all on stand-alone encounters like Izaro. You won't be able to use them as frequently as in the past when killing lots of enemies, but they'll still play a part and have an impact on boss fights.
    • Vaal Skills now prevent gaining Vaal souls for a short duration when used. This change was made so that we no longer need to balance Vaal skills around their ability to generate their soul cost back again when killing many enemies. Because of this change, we can increase the power and reduce the soul cost of many Vaal skills.
    • Vaal skills no longer have higher soul costs after your encounters with Kitava. With other changes, Vaal skills no longer need to get more expensive as you start encountering larger monster packs.
    • Vaal Souls are now stored per skill, rather than per gem. This is to prevent you having multiple copies of the same Vaal skill gem and switching the gems out mid-fight.
    • The Ancestral Call Support can no longer support Vaal skills. The same is still true of Multistrike Support and Spell Echo Support. This is something we'll reassess in future, but at the moment duplicating Vaal skill effects causes too many technical, performance and balance problems.

We're also reworking and rebalancing a huge number of Vaal skills. Some are to make the Vaal Skills better fit with their base skill (so they can be fully-linked more effectively), while others are simply to give the Vaal skill its own unique epic feel.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...ge/1#p15504517

Neat.

I just found Vaal Skill's to be too cumbersome and obnoxious to play around with, though I won't deny their strength.

My only question is whether I still have a choice when to use the Vaal version of the skill when enough souls are accumulated.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Neat.

I just found Vaal Skill's to be too cumbersome and obnoxious to play around with
    definitely true atm but they have been through a few nerfs and some bosses (added since they were introduced) are in different areas meaning you can't use them, BUT they were core to several seriously OP builds in the past(and cumbersome they were not as they were the highest speed clear skills in the game at the time and would likely still be if it were not for nerfs)

Got to say i like the new implementation they are going for, the fact that i can just have it in with my main attack is HUGE, it will leave me with a 5 link to play about with.
    I like that they charge up when DPSing bosses.
    I like that the soul cost dose not jump up (though i expect they will be higher than they are currently before they jump up)

A few nerfs in there, like not being able to refil as you kill with them active and storing souls per skill instead of per gem.

Wonder what they will do with vaal cyclone, it's OK as is beit it roots you in place with no way to move (outside of unequipping it) so if you use it and shit hits the fan you are usually dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    My only question is whether I still have a choice when to use the Vaal version of the skill when enough souls are accumulated.
    I'm guessing you do. They say the Vaal skills are intended as Super Move versions of the regular skill... So I'm guessing when you equip the Vaal Gem, you get the normal and Vaal skills, one to use all the time and one to use as/when needed.