Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Can't just be me that thinks they ask entirely too much for the challenges can it?
    I managed 24 in Betrayal but I normally don't even get that high. Tomuch effort and grinding for my taste.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Have we got a date for PS4 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, since they updated poeplanner, i did my baseline build for this league.

CI ED/SR Occultist

There's quite a bunch of stuff i can easily get from more ES% (i need to know what is a "comfortable" amount); also focused on defensives to not fall into the "now i get constantly oenshotted" trap. I think i can use either ED or SD because either i get the life leech from ED cionverted or i have ES leech directly baked into SD. But probably going ED because now it's basically a chaos damage Arctic Breath. Shotgun build here i come!
    Remember DoT damage can't leach.
    I'm not sure how useful all the new ES leach on the tree will be for a Chaos build.
    I'll leave that to more experienced players to figure out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Have we got a date for PS4 yet?
    Mid march is what they were aiming for. I'm assuming that It has been delayed since we haven't heard anything.

We know many of you are eagerly awaiting a firm launch date for our PlayStation 4 release so we wanted to give you an update about what to expect in the coming weeks. Development has been completed and we are still expecting to launch in mid March. Because of the technical process of launching on a new platform, we won't be able to announce a firm release date until around two weeks before the launch. We will let you know as soon as we have that date. We're very excited to bring Path of Exile to PlayStation gamers. We're so glad to see that we're already building a community of eager Action RPG fans on the platform. We can't wait for you to check out Path of Exile: Synthesis next month!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...playstation_4/
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-03-07 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Can't just be me that thinks they ask entirely too much for the challenges can it?
    In all honesty, the 24 was doable if you start the league with challenges in mind. Most of them I got without too much trouble, the last three that gave me heartburn was luring the Volcano boss away from her minions so I can kill her and not her little skeleton shits, which I did once I put my mind to it. The last two were simply using Gilded Scarabs, one of which was a Bestiary one that secured the last challenge needed which was 100 Red Beasts captured.

Depending on this season, since the challenges are kinda lackluster imo, I will only need to do 24, the wings are not something I'm willing to get to Delve Depth 500 for.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Remember DoT damage can't leach.
    I'm not sure how useful all the new ES leach on the tree will be for a Chaos build.
    I'll leave that to more experienced players to figure out.
    Hm, the nodes specifically say spell damage, so i'm torn. I'll just try and see how it goes - Soulrend will have a ES leech effect baked in and i think this will work also on the dot. ED drain effect is also based on the dot but it's not a leech effect.

Honestly, i'm taking Ghost reaver for the ES recharge. Both ED and SR actually hit targets, so they may also proc leech effects. Need to test that, otherwise it's just more free passives to use offensively.

EDIT: ok, ED definitely doesn't work. It does hits, but the healing part is a direct percentage of the dot as life regen. So leech isn't involved. SR on the other side is a piercing projectile that does its damage on hits and applies a secondary dot around the projectile (at leats from the wording in the patch notes). So it should behave like a standard spell and trigger leech on the hit damage (not on the dot).

I'll use ED to level up until i unlock SR in the 3rd act.

Quote Originally Posted by GGG 3.6.0 Patch Notes
    Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Soulrend: Release a projectile that moves towards and passes through enemies, dealing chaos damage to enemies it hits and leeching a portion of that damage as Energy Shield. This projectile also applies a short-duration damage over time effect to enemies around its path.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-03-07 at 08:23 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking they wanted elementalists to have a new and strong ES leech build, which is why there is also a node for it in that Ascendancy. While the nodes say 'spell damage', it still will only trigger that effect on spell hits. I was all fucking stoked to go Soulrend Shield Leech too, but unless they clarify it's a new mechanic and dot leeches it's just wasting many points. However, removing all the leech nodes lets you go heavier into Chaos Damage, more ES, or tricksy things like turning yourself into a minion and picking up a couple +dmg traits and stacking it on your gear.

Now I'm torn on whether to still try SR/chaos, do a crazy elly shield leech, or just fucking Mathil my face off on a Double Strike champtard.

Edit: All I know is I'm so freaking excited to play Friday.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Mid march is what they were aiming for. I'm assuming that It has been delayed since we haven't heard anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...playstation_4/
    Just want it to launch dammit. Most of my gamings done on PS4 and I need a D3 replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm thinking they wanted elementalists to have a new and strong ES leech build, which is why there is also a node for it in that Ascendancy. While the nodes say 'spell damage', it still will only trigger that effect on spell hits. I was all fucking stoked to go Soulrend Shield Leech too, but unless they clarify it's a new mechanic and dot leeches it's just wasting many points. However, removing all the leech nodes lets you go heavier into Chaos Damage, more ES, or tricksy things like turning yourself into a minion and picking up a couple +dmg traits and stacking it on your gear.

Now I'm torn on whether to still try SR/chaos, do a crazy elly shield leech, or just fucking Mathil my face off on a Double Strike champtard.

Edit: All I know is I'm so freaking excited to play Friday.
    Same haha. I suppose i'll ditch the leech nodes for even more chaos damage - still going SR/CI though. How does a CI character regen shield then? SR will help as it's baked into the spell hit (which does decent damage), but it's not viable alone i suppose.

Anyway, changed some stuff and gone with THIS, where i basically ditched the leech nodes and Ghost Reaver, and went all way down Lethal Assault. I think good complements would be Arcane Swiftness and the two hp/ES hybrid nodes. Maybe a strecth but i can also rake all the nodes down to Method to the Madness since there are a bung of chaos/dot nodes there.

As for skillset, obvious Bane+3curse, Spelltotem+Wither, and was wondering about how supporting SR. Classic stuff like Decay, Multiple projectiles are always good, but i would throw also Energy Leech in the mix. Not for the Leech itself, but because of the damage increased while leeching which is great.

On the other side, i'm also tinkering with the idea of a Storm Burst Trickster. Maybe with Cast on Channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a viable build for the new holy abilities?

Do we know if it will be comparable in strength to a molten strike strength? I want to go ham this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Is there a viable build for the new holy abilities?

Do we know if it will be comparable in strength to a molten strike strength? I want to go ham this season.
    Not until people have actually tried out the new skills I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Not until people have actually tried out the new skills I guess.
    Damn. . . . I could have sworn they said you could test out the changes of the new season. Not sure where I got that from.

Oh well, I guess its arc totems this season for me.

How does a CI character regen shield then?
    Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion help out with that, as will a decent amount of increased ES recovery speed. Of course, having a few flasks for when things get scary is also handy (evasion, armor, dodge, whatever, and an Overflowing to make sure they're up more often).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion help out with that, as will a decent amount of increased ES recovery speed. Of course, having a few flasks for when things get scary is also handy (evasion, armor, dodge, whatever, and an Overflowing to make sure they're up more often).
    Ok, sounds good. Also new block nodes are pretty cool with wand/shield setup (lots of ES).

Arcane Will is too good to pass over imho.

EDIT: now i also need itemization tips Looking at shields Thirst for Horrors looks pretty nice, dunno about wands - maybe Augmentation Rod? Or is there some weapon tailored for chaos/dot builds?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-03-07 at 03:26 PM.

I can only speak of what I've used in the past. Breath of the Council 1h Mace can get +100% Chaos Damage, but isn't a wand. Impresense Onyx Amulet adds Chaos damage and increased DoT, but may not be overly useful for your build. Allelpoathy is good, but is a built-in Blight, so again, may not be overly useful for you. Of course, Death's Oath is pretty slick, but its expensive to slot, since you're wanting to make a Str chest into BBBGGR, but at least you don't need to link them (and you need a lot of Str).

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    In all honesty, the 24 was doable if you start the league with challenges in mind. Most of them I got without too much trouble, the last three that gave me heartburn was luring the Volcano boss away from her minions so I can kill her and not her little skeleton shits, which I did once I put my mind to it. The last two were simply using Gilded Scarabs, one of which was a Bestiary one that secured the last challenge needed which was 100 Red Beasts captured.

Depending on this season, since the challenges are kinda lackluster imo, I will only need to do 24, the wings are not something I'm willing to get to Delve Depth 500 for.
    You mean crater, and you could it very easily equipping a single target skill gem like dual strike, zero kiting required.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, sounds good. Also new block nodes are pretty cool with wand/shield setup (lots of ES).

Arcane Will is too good to pass over imho.

EDIT: now i also need itemization tips Looking at shields Thirst for Horrors looks pretty nice, dunno about wands - maybe Augmentation Rod? Or is there some weapon tailored for chaos/dot builds?
    You can craft some pretty nutty stuff these days:

Some people go with Cerberus Limb + Magna Eclipsis as a more defensive option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Arc nerf really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Is the Arc nerf really that bad?
    Not a lot for the damage but a lot for jumping range (reduced by half) which means way less jumping from group to group. Pretty big nerf in clear speed but far from being nonviable (while extreme speed meta is out of question i suppose but i've never been interested on it).

Plan to use it on a channeling trickster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a lot for the damage but a lot for jumping range (reduced by half) which means way less jumping from group to group. Pretty big nerf in clear speed but far from being nonviable (while extreme speed meta is out of question i suppose but i've never been interested on it).

Plan to use it on a channeling trickster.
    Ah I see. Guess I skip Arc Totem this season.

Maybe Ill try out that Holy flame totem. I figure it would be the same build as a fire totem build.