Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wait what console doesn't let you dismiss the gem ready to level up thing? On pc you can just right click any unwanted gem (for example I use rank 1 precision for less mana reserve) and it goes to the bottom of inventory tray, doesn't stay forever on screen.
    Note I don't play console myself but apparently gems level up automatically and you have to go into your inventory and select them to stop them from levelling up.

Hence why 'this is how it works on pc' comments are not helpful.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Note I don't play console myself but apparently gems level up automatically and you have to go into your inventory and select them to stop them from levelling up.

Hence why 'this is how it works on pc' comments are not helpful.
    Didn't really expect that. Also sounds pretty backwards to me lol. Why would they do that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Didn't really expect that. Also sounds pretty backwards to me lol. Why would they do that.
    I assume its the same reason as every UI quirk on consoles.
    You don't have a mouse and buttons are limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yup. Coming from PC to PS4, trying to work out how to get my gems to stop fucking levelling was one of the biggest challenges... finally got it done, just in time for the league to end...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If I remember correctly (haven't played too long on consoles, only like a week), you have to select the gem in the inventory and then press a button to disable the auto leveling. Pretty sure that the game even says which button it is, but I just cant remember it right now lol.

No clue why that is even activated automatically. Can ruin some skillgems that you dont even want to have a high level on.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    If I remember correctly (haven't played too long on consoles, only like a week), you have to select the gem in the inventory and then press a button to disable the auto leveling. Pretty sure that the game even says which button it is, but I just cant remember it right now lol.

No clue why that is even activated automatically. Can ruin some skillgems that you dont even want to have a high level on.
    Can you still de-level it with orb of scouring? At least on pc you can, giving vendors your gem + 1 scouring lowers its level. Unfortunately if you have vaal gems it's kinda screwed because they're considered corrupted, I found out the hard way you can't even use gemcutter prisms on vaal gems either...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Can you still de-level it with orb of scouring? At least on pc you can, giving vendors your gem + 1 scouring lowers its level. Unfortunately if you have vaal gems it's kinda screwed because they're considered corrupted, I found out the hard way you can't even use gemcutter prisms on vaal gems either...
    All the vendor recipes work exactly the same as on PC.
    There is a way to get 21/20 vaal gems, but that involves a double corruption from the gem room in the temple. Basically leveling a normal gem to 20/20, then corrupt it with the tempel and hope it becomes a 21/20 Vaal gem. I've had 20/23 vaal gem corruptions before.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Got my spell echo gem last night and now my frost nova build annihilates entire screens, its awesome.

Whats the best way to get resistances, I'm in a spot where if i drop some of my flat stats on items I lose my herald of ice, and multishot gems

so question, Am I missing something or does Einhar and Niko show up alot less in acts this time around. I am on Act 8 and only seen Niko 2times and Einhar 3. I had alot more sightings that that in the Synth league

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so question, Am I missing something or does Einhar and Niko show up alot less in acts this time around. I am on Act 8 and only seen Niko 2times and Einhar 3. I had alot more sightings that that in the Synth league
    random is random. I managed to cap Sulphite by act 9 somehow.

Nah I see those dudes all the time. I saw Einhar constantly while pre-act 5 but now I'm seeing him less I assume just because there's more dudes that can show up. I had to increase my mining stuff cap to 900 and I still am constantly capped. I need to go spend it but I don't understand the point of that mine activity thing yet so I don't really enjoy going there.

I JUST got to act 8.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So I am trying Ice Nova and while I LOVE it for packs, it has a HUGE flaw for my build. As a Necro Witch, not only does it freeze mobs it also freezes my minions >.< This is bad cuz it does great for large pack crowd control. My Raging Spirits are making up for it but.... not sure if I should keep going with it

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so those two just dont like me much

So I am trying Ice Nova and while I LOVE it for packs, it has a HUGE flaw for my build. As a Necro Witch, not only does it freeze mobs it also freezes my minions >.< This is bad cuz it does great for large pack crowd control. My Raging Spirits are making up for it but.... not sure if I should keep going with it

- - - Updated - - -

good to know since i was thinking of trying a necromancer next, to not use ice nova with it

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Got my spell echo gem last night and now my frost nova build annihilates entire screens, its awesome.

Whats the best way to get resistances, I'm in a spot where if i drop some of my flat stats on items I lose my herald of ice, and multishot gems
    Gear, or nodes if they're near your trree and you've points to spare. There's no real other way.

Point is, stats on gear are really tricky - don't level up gems, always check the stat requirements before clicking the + button.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

For stats, there are some +30 stat nodes around the tree, they are there to help with low stats (for example 30 str / dex near witch that usually has lots of int not much of other stat). Amulets are the easiest gear slot where main stats are rolled in decent amounts (baseline stat and one of the bonus stats both can be dexterity etc.)

For resistances, best way is to get rings / neck / belt with some as to not screw your socket setups (if you use shield / quiver that too is a good slot), pick some from the tree you'll unspec later when you no longer need them, or run purity of whatever element you're short on aura unless you already have too much mana reserved during levelling. For crit builds, picking Alira from bandits gives you resistances and crit damage modifier.

good to know since i was thinking of trying a necromancer next, to not use ice nova with it
    Yep, I am trying out Frostbolt for the Slowing effect but gotta level it up a bit. The Frost Nova is great for slowing mobs so Zombies and Raging Spirits can killem. If you plan on going Necro and want to use it, I would suggest keeping an SRS gem even if you dont plan on them being your bread and butter they are not affected by ground effects like Zombies are.

My SRS are my first offensive ability while the Zombies get in place and they can really do some damage lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Why necro?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Hands down the worst part of this game is doing the stupid Uber Lab for the last two points. It's not so much the boss, he's actually not that hard with Leap Slam, it's those stupid traps as a Vaal Pact Slayer. Even without VP, the traps are just dumb. Sometimes I can't even see where I'm supposed to go before I run in to a gauntlet. Not fun, would never do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hands down the worst part of this game is doing the stupid Uber Lab for the last two points. It's not so much the boss, he's actually not that hard with Leap Slam, it's those stupid traps as a Vaal Pact Slayer. Even without VP, the traps are just dumb. Sometimes I can't even see where I'm supposed to go before I run in to a gauntlet. Not fun, would never do again.
    It's one of those things that everyone hates at first but learns to breeze through like nothing. Leap Slam the movement ability to use for lab running. Often times the best way to bypass the traps is raw yolo.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Good thing there is this site called poelab.com which shows you exactly where what is. From darkshrines to gauntlets and puzzles, even what weapon Izaro uses and which effects are active during his fight.

*tips m'fedora*