Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Thanks for the reply! But I kind of meant whether going CI with ghost reaver is much better than going full life with vaal pact? If so I might need to rethink my build.
    Honestly, I don't know yet. I only have had the time to retool 2 of my level 80 characters. A Ci summon Witch and a CI FP Witch in SC that has turned out poorly [unfortunately] in the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Those things have little to nothing to do with gameplay
    No, incorrect. Totally. That is gameplay. Gameplay is the rules & operations of achieving the game's goals as designed.

Statistical manipulation is the basis of the gameplay in Path of Exile. The interaction of 50% More Cold Damage, 20% Increased Cold Damage, 50% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage with 10% fire penetration and 30% of Cold to Fire Conversion support on a 30% Physical Damage as Cold damage skill is the entirety of Path of Exile's gameplay.

There is no issue in having indifference or dislike of a game, genre or the specific operation of Path of Exile. That is irrelevant, and subjective. There is no worth or value in debating such a thing.

However, incorrect identification and discussion of gameplay and design are another matter entirely. Apart from personal feeling.

I only care about one of those, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Glad to know its not on my end, but that lightning trap boss holy fuck.
    Heh, I know. Lost an HC char in normal mode already to that boss.

I can (solo)run megaera / shrine piety all day long, even with some bad mods, but that lightning trap boss came pretty close to killing me (most likely because I was like staring at my screen thinking "what the hell is going on here")
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Didn't do it yet as it's optional, I saw Kripp fight it though and the general conclusion seems to be W.T.F.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    are all essentially the same game.
    No they are games in the same genre but very different games within that genre, there is a difference you don't seem to recognize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to trade chernabog's pillar for something of equal value that my witch can use, can someone tell me what would be available to trade.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Loving the changes so far. Glad I did some screen caps of my skill trees before the update. There are a few chars that were impacted in one way or another, but nothing major. The biggest is my DW/Evasion/Block Ranger needs a few more levels for some reduced mana reserve so I can keep both Grace and Clarity on. Can run without Clarity, as I leech enough mana from my attacks to sustain myself, but if I need to drop some traps then Clarity would be nice to have active.

Anyone get Animate Guardian yet? Does it persist between sessions?

I do have an old SC character that I'm trying to figure out how to salvage. I had forgotten how fast he burns through mana (probably why I stopped playing him). DW Claw, Ele Hit Shadow with Reduced Mana, Melee Splash and Ele Prolif is 41 mana per attack (25 w/o splash), with at attack time of 0.42 seconds. 454 mana, with L5 Clarity taking up 140 of that.

Why is this some big new arrival on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    This is what I use for my LA Ranger build.

It's just basically BM, IR, buttloads of HP and resistances.
    It's pretty close to what my old one was, and pretty similar to another one I saw on the official forums. I'll probably end up doing something like that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only pain I had with this game was choosing a name, I was there for ages trying to avoid using 'x' on the end of something just to make sure I got the name I wanted. I am pretty sure the names I was choosing were not taken at all Still had quite a laugh in general chat about the strange names people were choosing
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

So, made my first build (Witch, Cold). Any critiques?

Not really sure what I'm doing, tbh. Just grabbed things that looked good.

Deleted
    so, i just started on the game..

picked templar and went Hardcore.. because why not??

going for a one-hand shield elemental build.. i have no clue what i'm doing though

i'm running around usinger anger and spamming ground slam on packs and glacial hammer on bigger mobs..

anyone who can help me on anything? like, what should i focus on getting in the tree etc.

also, i'm no longer hardcore since merveil? killed me with almost no health left D:

I am playing with the idea of running a claw life leech ranger of some kind. Either dual wield or claw & shield. Mapped out a basic idea of where I want to go with this but I feel like the progression path is far too unwieldy at this point. Seems like I will hit some very tough hell levels around the level 60-ish mark.

Basic idea here: link.

However, I am considering a pure evasion EK Ranger as well. Breaking out of the Scion ghetto into the Dex side of the tree is tough. Though the Scion is like the best early game spell caster in the game right now. The same isn't nearly as optimal as Dex based Scion.

Another thing I noticed is that the Marauder is both the best Spectral Throw based class & THE BEST Sporker the game has ever seen. The latter being true IF you can level the Mara long enough to a decent enough place to run Spark totems w/ reasonable spell damage. The potential for a tanky sporker is huge.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-10-25 at 01:05 AM.

Fencers, here is the build I am aiming for with my DW Claw Ranger, atm. I've been farming MerciLedge, since it's been a while since I upgraded my gear, but I decided to go back and run through the new Act 3X stuff on Cruel. Haven't had any issues yet, though the unique boss in the Archives nearly caught me off guard. His special attacks cannot be evaded.

did this just get released? cuz i've seen people playing it for months...

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    did this just get released? cuz i've seen people playing it for months...
    It had quite a long public beta. As of yesterday it's no longer in beta.

Deleted
    Love the passives tree! Spend maybe an hour just coming up with silly builds

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Fencers, here is the build I am aiming for with my DW Claw Ranger, atm. I've been farming MerciLedge, since it's been a while since I upgraded my gear, but I decided to go back and run through the new Act 3X stuff on Cruel. Haven't had any issues yet, though the unique boss in the Archives nearly caught me off guard. His special attacks cannot be evaded.
    Interesting. What skills are you using and which supports?

Also, 6L chest? Rare or Unique?

Edit: I have a couple of Last Resorts I was thinking about going Low Life with but not sure. Maybe Low Life, Phase Acrobatics, Guile, Mana Shield?
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-10-25 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Why is this some big new arrival on Steam?
    Because it's no longer in open beta. It's a released game now.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's pretty close to what my old one was, and pretty similar to another one I saw on the official forums. I'll probably end up doing something like that too.
    Yeah, it didn't change much.

Only change I remember looking at is IR: agi doesn't give you any evasion anymore but I don't think that's going to stop people from getting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting. What skills are you using and which supports?

Also, 6L chest? Rare or Unique?

Edit: I have a couple of Last Resorts I was thinking about going Low Life with but not sure. Maybe Low Life, Phase Acrobatics, Guile, Mana Shield?
    4L is the most I have right now. I'm primarily using Double Strike + Splash + Life on Hit + Mana Leech, Clarity, Grace, Enfeeble, Bear Trap + Added Fire Damage, Whirling Blades for movement. I just recently found a Multi-Trap and added it to Fire Trap, which is pretty fun. My main unique is Ungil's for the added block while DW. I also swap between Ignomon and Stone of Lazhwar, depending on my mood and if the area is high on casters. May try for Bloodseeker when I get to 62 or w/e. Would like to get Blind added to my attack (or Bringer of Rain, if I could afford it LOL).

For the early game, I went dual Last Resorts and had a Wurm's Molt, which let me breeze through Act 1.

I've thought about running a low life build, but never really looked too far into it. Perhaps I'll do that with the Scion in one of the new challenge leagues. I'm guessing armor/ES is the way to go with a low lifer?

Hey guys, started today..

Question: The map is horrid, I can barely see it and it doesnt help me navigate very well. Is there an addon or something I can do to get a better map? Thanks
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    You should check your UI options.
    I always check the cornermap. If you don't like the cornermap you can change the transparency of the normal map. I personally really like the corner map

EDIT:
    Started planning my staff build in more detail. I'm still not superfamiliar with the skill-tree, so I might have missed some obvious choices.
    The idea is a physical damage tanky staff templar. I'm still not entirely sure on which skill to use. I'm using ground slam and glacial hammer at the moment. But thinking of switching to sweep and heavy strike. The biggest problem with this build will be mana-regen I think.

Would you guys have any feedback? Much appreciated!
    Build
    It's 99 points, so I guess that would be a lvl 79 character.
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-10-25 at 10:16 AM.