Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Are you building similarly though? In Nemesis, I always err on the side of caution and take far too many hp / defensive nodes. I wouldn't touch them in non-HC mode.

I think the majority of Nemesis difficulty comes from encountering those combos of rare monsters which make it a nightmare to get around. Like bones + invincible allies + extra fast, or hexfont / extra fast rare next to Kole, or dragging a soul conduit rare over a field of dead champions, and so on. Since you don't even see some of the mods until Cruel, I think Nemesis doesn't ramp up until later.
    Both are similar builds so far. I don't build glass cannon or non-defensive in any league.

We're in Nemesis Cruel. Still find Domination more hair raising.

Just found a 5 link Geoffri's Baptism. Guess I might roll a new Scion and try out Spectral Throw. But seems everyone uses 2H Swords. Are swords really that much better than 2H maces, or even staves?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Are you building similarly though? In Nemesis, I always err on the side of caution and take far too many hp / defensive nodes. I wouldn't touch them in non-HC mode.

I think the majority of Nemesis difficulty comes from encountering those combos of rare monsters which make it a nightmare to get around. Like bones + invincible allies + extra fast, or hexfont / extra fast rare next to Kole, or dragging a soul conduit rare over a field of dead champions, and so on. Since you don't even see some of the mods until Cruel, I think Nemesis doesn't ramp up until later.

LMP dogs with the proximity shield in Docks are the worst! I'd imagine they'd be even worse with the other allies cannot die and far shot and whathaveyou.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/552066

Some sadistic fun to be had thinking evil combos from that pool with the regular pool of mods. (Second post on the thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    Almost died on Nemesis merciless act 2 when I ran into a rare chaos-snake and a rare devourer with storm herald. Had about 20h left I think before I could take my portal ^^

Holy...mother of god

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Almost died on Nemesis merciless act 2 when I ran into a rare chaos-snake and a rare devourer with storm herald. Had about 20h left I think before I could take my portal ^^

Holy...mother of god
    The problem with devourers is that those fuckers chase you at incredible speed, and will pop up next to you constantly, unless you can really out-speed them. And since storm herald happens even when they're underground, the safest course of action is to TP out right away!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of rolling a shadow that uses bows but a trap as my utility, I just need a trap support gem to get started, basically its like this Trap-frost nova-curse on hit-temporal chains-multiple traps(forgot that one).
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    'Always has been' doesn't really work well for me. And it's dumb because when you die in Hardcore League you go to its normal mode, which is Standard League. I don't understand why the same doesn't apply to Nemesis League.

Just doesn't make sense to me besides the 'we just want you to suffer more', but that's what PoE is about so I guess there's no point.
    There are Uniques that drop exclusively in Nemesis. That's enough reason to not send dead characters to Dominion.

I grouped with somebody for the first time today since I got a friend to play, so how does loot work? Is it basically round robin? It seems like portal scrolls, wisdom scrolls, orbs, and rares all have their own individual cycles? or is it just completely random lol

OK what do I need for Spectral Throw builds? I read the wiki article on the skill and says to take weapon physical damage and also projectile damage affects it too. Also says Attack Speed and Projectile speed is good. So do I basically want to pick up projectile stuff near ranger or duelist? Messing around with offline skill calculator now but theres like eleventy billion nodes. I want to use maces so thinking of heading towards Marauder tree as well and grabbing tons of damage and maybe all the life nodes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I grouped with somebody for the first time today since I got a friend to play, so how does loot work? Is it basically round robin? It seems like portal scrolls, wisdom scrolls, orbs, and rares all have their own individual cycles? or is it just completely random lol
    You can set the looting options in the party window.

1. Free for All, items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.

2. Short Allocation, The "old" system. Items allocate to a random player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you’re far away from the item.

3. Permanent Allocation, items allocate to a random nearby player.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You can set the looting options in the party window.

1. Free for All, items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.

2. Short Allocation, The "old" system. Items allocate to a random player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you’re far away from the item.

3. Permanent Allocation, items allocate to a random nearby player.
    That's good to know. I might have assumed it was entirely free for all and that kind of disappointed me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    OK what do I need for Spectral Throw builds? I read the wiki article on the skill and says to take weapon physical damage and also projectile damage affects it too. Also says Attack Speed and Projectile speed is good. So do I basically want to pick up projectile stuff near ranger or duelist? Messing around with offline skill calculator now but theres like eleventy billion nodes. I want to use maces so thinking of heading towards Marauder tree as well and grabbing tons of damage and maybe all the life nodes as well.
    Be aware that MELEE Physical Damage doesn't work with ST. I am not se keen on projectile speed either, because it works against Slower Projectile Speed, which gives you literally a chainsaw attack.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...sFLUCgnrkS4TJ-

This is my current build, nearing the end of A3Cruel. Once I get my hands on a decent sword I'll take sword specific nodes, otherwise I'm still thinking about where to go after that. More life, maybe the zone in front of the Marauder start. Overall the build works great so far.

I'm running

ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + Added Fire Damage + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark
    Heavy Strike + Life Leech for single Target
    Hatred Aura + Reduced Mana
    Decoy/Rejuvenation Totem
    Enduring Cry
    Blood Rage
    Animate Guardian/Weapon just because it's fun

I tried a 6L with Life Leech and Slower Projectiles, but I can't manage the mana cost for now. The CoH isn't really necessary but it's convenient and doesn't cost anything extra.

The build works great so far, my weapon starts to suck though. Also using a Tabula Rasa starts to show it's limitations.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2013-10-30 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at that point in this game where I remembered why I dislike leveling, and started thinking to myself, how amazing this game would be without levels,throw in some extra quest for skill points and have the rest have a chance to drop from rare and unique mobs.

did i miss the memo that theres no gear with Item Quantity on it in Domination?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    did i miss the memo that theres no gear with Item Quantity on it in Domination?
    Seems like it. They talked about this a week or three before launch. I think the uniques with IIQ still have that stat on them, but it is not on any other gear nor does the IIQ support gem drop. This is a test to see how removing IIQ would affect the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Seems like it. They talked about this a week or three before launch. I think the uniques with IIQ still have that stat on them, but it is not on any other gear nor does the IIQ support gem drop. This is a test to see how removing IIQ would affect the economy.
    they also tinkered with the drops to compensate with the loss of IIQ(the main stat for more currency)...actually had 2 exalteds already in domination and i've only just reached 60, where as standard and 9 months only got me 3 total....also a fair few uniques including a koam's primacy....not even started stacking IIR yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the devs eventually gonna make the uniques look like their art? that stuff is seriously important to me, hate getting uniques that look like the same item I've been using for ages.

GGG are progressively adding 3D art for all the unique items. They already added a bunch during OBT. The process will be ongoing for the life of the game.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to Merciless for the first time... And didnt even have to level to 58 to kill Cruel Dominus this time :P My revenge for my fallen lvl58 Templar has been accomplished... Up yours, Cruel Dominus!

Gotta say the boss was a piece of cake in a 4-man party. We just had 1 guy take down the adds while the rest focused the boss(es). Only had to TP to town once during the fight and even then it was "just in case" as my pot charges were running low and the last phase was starting :P

Merciless Act-1 was a breeze. Finished the act at lvl56 (along the lvl58 side-quest areas) within 2 hours or so.

Now I'm just farming Fellshrine Ruins in Act-2 with some IIR gear on me (lvl63 currently) to get some upgrades so I can safely tackle the later parts of Act-2 :P

Good times! Also liking the fact that even trash mobs dont just "fall over" instantly in 1-2 hits on Merciless.

How the hell do people even do Dominus in hardcore leagues? Seriously this guy is just a Rape Machine. I went in there to beat Cruel at 25-30% into my new level and when he died was at 0%. Also on another kill I actually had time to stop, eat a chili cheesburger with tater tots, and when I came back he still wasnt dead yet. Is he a lot easier when single player or something?