So, Corruption alters implicit mods and/or adds white sockets and/or adds sockets to jewelry? Or something like that. Also, nice bridge/dock in Mud Flats. Heading to Theopolis maybe?

Theopolis is the capital of Oriath. It's not on the same landmass as Wraeclast.

http://www.pathofexile.gamepedia.com...y_of_Wraeclast
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-20 at 01:39 AM. Reason: link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Theopolis is the capital of Oriath. It's not on the same landmass as Wraeclast.

www.pathofexile.gamepedia.com/History_of_Wraeclast
    It's a very long bridge.

True, but the closest landmass off of Mud Flats, other than Tidal Island is Theopolis. Again, this assumes that the wood bridge in Mud Flats is a dock of sorts. It could simply be a new set of tiles for the Mud Flats map, or a bridge to another small island that isn't on the current map of Wraeclast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    It's a very long bridge.
    I'd play that map. Screw the Ledge, the Bridge is where its at!

I think I just figured out Raging Spirit.

Minion speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I'd play that map. Screw the Ledge, the Bridge is where its at!
    Single file line of enemies. Would be a pierce build's dream.

So, um. Shit got real.

Updated splash page:

- Secret corrupted areas in the world
    - New currency; Vaal Orb
    - Free-for-All PVP arena
    - Improved Cut Throat PVP mode
    - New 4 month leagues; Ambush and Invasion
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-21 at 06:28 AM.

Ambush? Ambush!? My body is not ready pls no ggg
    I am curious to see what this means though, I would've imagined ambush to be the hardcore league it sounds way deadlier than invasion.

I am assuming that the Vaal Gems are those skill gems with the corrupted tag. Seems corrupted anything changes the dynamic of skills and items. Like an Onyx ammy with leech via lightning damage or this new variant of Cyclone which draws enemies inward.

Deleted

Urg, i hope you can move while doing this skill, otherwise it would be very boring, just like Flameblast

Already posted that video.

And I think it's an interesting twist [haha, I'm a genius] on Cyclone. Not only is the dynamic of the skill changed, but how you would use cyclone in a build changes as well. I might use like Leap Slam to engage then Cyclone at the point of impact w/ UW, IR, CoDT, IC. You really wouldn't use that with Cyclone standard as the skill is more about mobility in it's default orientation.

That's an interest way to change gameplay. Before we even get into modifiers like supports.

And I think it's an interesting twist [haha, I'm a genius] on Cyclone. Not only is the dynamic of the skill changed, but how you would use cyclone in a build changes as well. I might use like Leap Slam to engage then Cyclone at the point of impact w/ UW, IR, CoDT, IC. You really wouldn't use that with Cyclone standard as the skill is more about mobility in it's default orientation.

That's an interest way to change gameplay. Before we even get into modifiers like supports.
    Its for the above reasons that, as much as I like Blizzard and their games, I don't see myself getting into ROS, or enjoying Marvel's stuff, when PoE's core setup is vastly superior to either of those games. This character sandbox is unparalleled in its flexibility, keeping the game fresh on every new playthrough in a genre that is otherwise all about repetition.

Well, they are just different sort of game experiences; Marvel, D3 and POE. I enjoy playing all three to a degree and feel each has some ace aspects of game design. But it's not like all three are going after the same design goals despite existing in the ARPG space.

D3 and Marvel are definitely more of a romp in play experience than POE. The former being fast, somewhat shallow and very immediate play systems. When I jump on my Wizard or Ms. Marvel, I am blasting away at baddies in spectacular fashion from the word go, for example. While it may be that I can do the same in POE on my Scion or Witch, the play systems are such that it might be 40-50 levels of careful planning before I am even using my "fireball" or lightning storm skills.

They are just all different types of games.

Deleted

So i cant post the video again to let people know what im talking about?

Anyway do we know that its another version of Cyclone rather than a whole new skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    So i cant post the video again to let people know what im talking about?

Anyway do we know that its another version of Cyclone rather than a whole new skill?
    Cyclones icon showing it's been pressed on the vid, cyclones action is getting used without movement, so yeah...cyclone, probably the corrupted version which tbh would cut down on the desync associated with the skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Cyclones icon showing it's been pressed on the vid, cyclones action is getting used without movement, so yeah...cyclone, probably the corrupted version which tbh would cut down on the desync associated with the skill.
    Yeah im really looking forward to try this out

Deleted
    Pretty sure a lot of people from here haven't seen this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/801023

Seems pretty interesting.

Yeah seems like they have been really creative with this mini expansion.

Looks like the number of possible builds is going to skyrocket in SotV. Cyclone vortex and chain reaction CE both look to be amazing, and fun.

Deleted
    Am I the only one having a really high ping right now? Already checked other games/sites and it's only PoE that is having a high ping. Sucks even more since I just started a map... <-<