I'm looking into getting into PoE. It looks like the made it with the sense of treating their players like adults and having them choose the skills and gems they want. What are some newbie friendly specs I can start off with? I'd like to try all the classes out and go with builds that suits them.

I have pretty similar problem... i cant just choose a class+spec and stick with it. I have made several characters and played them trough normal and then felt like I wanted something else. Maybe I should look some newbie friendly class+spec. So far I have not looked at any optimized spec, but have instead made my own everytime. Doing it that way several times forces you to see what is worth it and what is not. If I just picked a spec I would't feel like I understand it.

Deleted
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/802462

Another teaser. No idea what the chest might be but holy shit at the map. It has an extra explicit modifier. Max is only 6 but corrupted maps can have two extra it seems.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2014-02-23 at 09:38 PM.

Ambush....chests? WHAT IS IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Here's hoping for super, duper OP loot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    two things could be mimics really tough but chance at amazing drops, or as it implies touch chest gets ambushed by hoarde of monsters, most likely the latter but would personally prefer mimics.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Are Incinerate Scions w/ Cybil's Paw still viable in HC? If they are, anyone have a Cybil's Paw they're willing to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Are Incinerate Scions w/ Cybil's Paw still viable in HC? If they are, anyone have a Cybil's Paw they're willing to part with?
    They are but I find them weak in comparison to my build. I ran a Cybil's EB/AA/MoM build in the one week Domi race for comparison.

Deleted
    More corrupted items. Gems in this case (scroll down): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803434

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    More corrupted items. Gems in this case (scroll down): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803434
    Hm, corrupted Searing Bond seems to increase its max level by 1. I wonder if that is going to follow for the other degen abilities, assuming they get corrupted versions as well.

I'm guessing corruption is random much like rolling affixes on gear and the new orb is what corrupts them. They said the new orb will be about as common as chaos as far as drops goes which kinda supports the theory.

The eight new quivers look mighty sexy. I'm digging the life gain on hit quiver. Really would love to see a unique quiver that is minion master friendly. Blood Raven builds can get tight.

I was actually considering Split Arrow/Pierce Duelist as one of the builds to play for the new league. New quivers are not helping to make my decision easier...

Although I also want to do something with Chaos damage. Not sure yet. Chaos is hard to scale upward.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-25 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was actually considering Split Arrow/Pierce Duelist as one of the builds to play for the new league. New quivers are not helping to make my decision easier...

Although I also want to do something with Chaos damage. Not sure yet. Chaos is hard to scale upward.
    My Poison Arrow-Mine-Trap-Slower Projectiles does 2k dps. I imagine you could get a lot more out of it with a +3 bow with Empower. I'm just using a +2 bow at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    My Poison Arrow-Mine-Trap-Slower Projectiles does 2k dps. I imagine you could get a lot more out of it with a +3 bow with Empower. I'm just using a +2 bow at the moment.
    I was thinking something more like Raging Spirit+Added Chaos type build. Scaling the RS damage through minion nodes and multistrike. Though I think using minion speed will drop off DPS to a degree, the multistrike should make up for it I think.

Sort of a "point blank" Raging Spirit build. Leaning toward Chober Chaber for the added +gems and skill effect duration (which will allow Raging Spirits to get more multistrikes in per cast). I could also 6L the Chober Chaber and my chest.

Fencers, I've been playing about with Raging Spirits w/ Soul Mantle. At the moment using Raging Spirit-Increased Duration-Faster Casting-Chance to Fear. At the moment, it's possible for me to push 15-16 spirits at a time. Not running any minion passives at all. Might be worth looking into if you haven't already.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Fencers, I've been playing about with Raging Spirits w/ Soul Mantle. At the moment using Raging Spirit-Increased Duration-Faster Casting-Chance to Fear. At the moment, it's possible for me to push 15-16 spirits at a time. Not running any minion passives at all. Might be worth looking into if you haven't already.
    Yea, I know about Raging Spirit/Totem builds. I sorta wanted to hard cast the skill to take advantage of Chaos Damage. The build I would like to do is Chaos Damage based, not necessarily Raging Spirit based. Just using Raging Spirit to pile on the Chaos Damage due to quantity and number of strikes.

12+ Raging Spirits multistriking with Added Chaos Damage would be epic. I don't think many things in the game can withstand such an onslaught as Chaos Resist is pretty low for mobs.

Deleted
    A sneak peak from gamespot with Chris and Jonathan about the new, corrupted, gems: http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/b/506356011?t=31m50s

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just say I was surprised by what I saw here, except the corpse explosion so meh, but the rest was pretty amazing. No idea how good fireball 360º well be but arc chaining extra time is going to be awesome.

So impressed with the new gems. Very interesting gameplay dynamics.

This is one of the finest video games ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know what the Vaal melee skills are gonna be. Vaal Oversoul style smash for ground slam please.