Ugh the burn out is real, trying to maintain a pool of maps above 75 is proving to be a pain even with chisel's and investing into the maps. Not sure how much I like the maps being this way, will probably take a break for a few days as I've been playing a shit ton.

I think the maps are fine the way they are, honestly. The only things that annoy me so far is the lack of warbands bosses and the lack of 82 maps. I could probably be done with 8/8 challenges in a week or two but it looks like the warbands boss kills are going to be a massive wall for a long time at this rate. I don't think people should expect to run maps much above 75, that's the primary issue. GGG really messed up when they added Zana and carto boxes and people got a taste of leveling off of nothing but 78s and want that same experience now, but it was never intended to be how the game worked.

That's true, I'm more or less burned out from playing a lot the past couple of weeks, I could have most of the challenges done minus the tempest one since I went warbands for now. I'm pretty close to finishing 4 of them and yeah the warbands one is killer but I"m not really in a big hurry for them. Decided to focus on making a decent amount of wealth and I feel I've succeeded this time around, I've made 47 ex and have 2 characters above 82 atm. Spent a good amount of time trading and I'm honestly loving the system for it, never really bothered much with trading in past leagues but this time around I went with it.

Well time for a break for a couple of days, wanted to finish Witcher 3 as it is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I think the maps are fine the way they are, honestly. The only things that annoy me so far is the lack of warbands bosses and the lack of 82 maps. I could probably be done with 8/8 challenges in a week or two but it looks like the warbands boss kills are going to be a massive wall for a long time at this rate. I don't think people should expect to run maps much above 75, that's the primary issue. GGG really messed up when they added Zana and carto boxes and people got a taste of leveling off of nothing but 78s and want that same experience now, but it was never intended to be how the game worked.
    I'm sorry but I totally disagree and so does GGG with their own description. We're supposed to sustain 74-78 with currency investment but not 79-82. I'm fine with that if it had worked that way, as it stands right now it doesn't though. Grinding 75's for 0.25-0.5% of a level when we previously could run up to 78 is a huge pisstake. And I ran more than enough 74+ chiseled with 75-120 quant to be able to sustain 78's if it was possible, there is literally no mod I can't do.

All in all GGG removed 3 sustainable map levels and added 4 that are close to impossible to find.

And don't even get me started on how they screwed up the challenges this time around...

The relative chances of finding maps within maps have been adjusted. There are now three bands of maps that have different difficulties to ascend. The lowest tier maps (68-73) yield higher maps relatively easily. The mid-tier maps (74-78) require more effort to get high maps from. You need to roll high quantity, pack size, and take risks to maximise your map yield. The highest tier maps (79-82) are unforgiving and not designed to be sustained constantly. Substantial skill and planning is required to experience this content.
    Bold part clearly suggest that we're supposed to be able to sustain 74-78.

Deleted
    At level 83, running 70-71s with the occasional 72 and 73. It's actually been so boring I've fully chiseled and alched, and even scoured and re-alched level 70 and 71 maps, just to get a bit more fun maps (double bosses, extra rogues, more challenge etc.)

Just can't get a higher map pool. I also collect 3 of each 68-70 map, and when I get the 4th one I 'mute and sell three of them for a higher level unid. I also run all unid maps as unid for the extra +30%.

Still, shitty system if you ask me, since it relies so heavily on pure luck and nothing else. The lucky get rich and the rich get richer. Doesn't matter how much you grind, someone else gets there with a fraction of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Bold part clearly suggest that we're supposed to be able to sustain 74-78.
    Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't see that as "you will be able to sustain 78s through skilled solo play." I read that as "sustaining 78s will be hard. Sustaining 82s will be impossible."

Deleted
    Added cold dmg on monsters on an equal level map when you only have 41% cold resist hurts :x

Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't see that as "you will be able to sustain 78s through skilled solo play." I read that as "sustaining 78s will be hard. Sustaining 82s will be impossible."
    I see it as you're supposed to sustain 74-78 by rolling maps properly, not that you're supposed to only be able to sustain 74-75 by rolling maps properly. Why have a 74-78 bracket otherwise?

That we're not supposed to sustain 79-82 is clear and I'm good with that as we're not losing anything we had previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Dang, thats pretty valuable :P
    You're a towel.

I'll agree Map drops are a bit too awful at the moment, though I believe (purely out of speculation) that GGG intends to up the rate in 2.0.1 when they fix missing textures in high level maps and add the Core map. I'm closing in on 92 on my main in Tempest and have 6 friends besides Lysah who are in their 80's or closing in on 90 and nobody has yet seen a 79 map drop (some of them are pretty new and afraid of higher level maps, though.) I've Chiseled every map 76 or higher and often run them with multiple damage mods and to date I've had a handful of 77's and two 78's drop. I'm not terribly bothered because staying at 75 or above feels at least acceptable, but it would be nice to see higher maps every now and then.

Luckily, loot Tempests give a nice incentive to run lower level maps every now and then.

I'm starting to get annoyed dumping my currency into maps and getting fuck all back. I'm barely sustaining 75's and I'm lucky if I get 76/77's. I've seen a lot of people being pretty unhappy about it and rightly so, GGG might want to make the 74-78 bracket more sustainable and keep the ones above it harder to get. As it stands I've got two 85+ characters and I'm getting board as fuck running maps that I 1 shot just about everything except the map bosses. I know I said I was going to take a break but the game is addicting :P I just want it to stay that way.

And don't even get me started on how they screwed up the challenges this time around...
    How are those working out for you? They don't really seem as grindy as before, but the high level map bosses seem pretty impossible to get with solo play. The cards and such are just a matter of trading a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    How are those working out for you? They don't really seem as grindy as before, but the high level map bosses seem pretty impossible to get with solo play. The cards and such are just a matter of trading a lot.
    Didn't really bother much with it this time around, partially due to burnout and partially due to how they didn't have all the content available making it impossible to complete them. I'll get them eventually just won't bother with top 50.

Didn't really bother much with it this time around, partially due to burnout and partially due to how they didn't have all the content available making it impossible to complete them. I'll get them eventually just won't bother with top 50.
    Interesting, Manni seems to think we have a shot at top 50. I'm unconvinced, the warbands stuff is going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Interesting, Manni seems to think we have a shot at top 50. I'm unconvinced, the warbands stuff is going to be a huge pain in the ass.
    Lets just say I played warbands to 90/72 and never saw a leader...

While they might be easier to find if you actively look for them it's still a pain in the ass because of how rare the 4 dot zones are.

Deleted
    Lets just say I played warbands to 90/72 and never saw a leader...

While they might be easier to find if you actively look for them it's still a pain in the ass because of how rare the 4 dot zones are.
    http://nembibi.com/warbands/

Dunno how it all works really but saw this.

http://nembibi.com/warbands/

Dunno how it all works really but saw this.
    That's helpful for sure but looking at it right now there is only 2 maps that are "4 dot" which can potentially spawn a leader. I have done several maps like that and still not seen one actually spawn.

Deleted
    I see whoever designed that site got their head out of their ass and fixed it so it can actually be used. The first couple iterations of it were absolute garbage. There's also a /global for the warbands, which is, I'm guessing, where that site parses the information from. I think it was something like 710. Not sure though.

A short review from my personal point of view!

So, I just played trough PoE for the first time in... well I don't know, but I had, for example, never seen act4 before and the last time I played PoE you couldn't do anything about desync. It was much more enjoyable to actually play now when desync is gone. It was simply something that ruined the game for me before.

I also like it how maps make more sense now. There used to be more running around and stuff sometimes had to be done in weird order. Also more waypoints?

Maybe it simply because I haven't got my new characters far enough, but up to act3 boss fights and such are more fun. They don't cause instant or near instant kills anymore, if you mess up something just a bit. There used to be some in corrupted areas that caused you to die practically the moment you came into boss range regardless of difficulty level (at least for me). With the desync this was one of the biggest annoyances before. Also notice I said "up to act3". I think they tried the same on act4, but the bosses in there just aren't fun at all. I played a claw shadow and it was just crap trying to fight some of the bosses in act4. Before the last act I didnt even come close having to portal back to town to refill flasks, but I had to do that in act4 twice and almost got to that point with the rest of the bosses too. Only boss I think they made well was the last boss that seemed fine to me, if you just were able to move correctly. Anyway, now I dread to go to act4 on higher difficulties.

I read that stuff is much easier, if you are ranged, though. Perhaps I should level a ranged character and see once I hit a wall with my current character.