Trade chat is generally the place for currency trades, just have to be in there for a while to get the hang of ratios. Some offer scumbag rates on either side of the spectrum but it's not difficult to see where the ratio is currently. For alts you should be able to trade them for an exalt if you have enough, chromes on the other hand you will probably have more luck trading them for chaos and then trade the chaos up for exalts.

This warbands economy is just LMFAO, prime example of how 100% free market is a terrible, terrible thing for a game like PoE. c:ex ratio will soon break 100, making standard look like a fun league.

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed with how bad Warbands went down the shitter, I got 4 of the challenges done and I've been taking a break since last week. Honestly feel burned out and the economy this league seemed to go to shit pretty fast and it just wasn't as enjoyable trading this time around for me. I'll hop on here and there but I think I'm done with it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    This warbands economy is just LMFAO, prime example of how 100% free market is a terrible, terrible thing for a game like PoE.
    Warbands is bad but Tempest is no better honestly.

POE's economy is a damn tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Warbands is bad but Tempest is no better honestly.

POE's economy is a damn tragedy.
    It seems much worse this set of leagues compared to previous ones. That or I'm not remembering correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the constant complaints about the economy. Oh, its not easy to just rofl your way to currency and the best gear, sometimes you have to wait like three minutes for someone to reply instead of clicking a button on an ah!

Games not meant to be that way.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't get the constant complaints about the economy. Oh, its not easy to just rofl your way to currency and the best gear, sometimes you have to wait like three minutes for someone to reply instead of clicking a button on an ah!

Games not meant to be that way.
    If you're talking to me and the few posters before me, we're complaining about the insane inflation of chaos to exalts atm. 1 Exalt atm is going for 70-80C, I don't remember any previous league getting this high and it's becoming as bad as the permanent leagues.

10+ Year Old Account
    The inflation is bad this time around, but its not just about that, its like people are constantly like "omg trading is to hard!" and its like....kind of the point
    You're a towel.

The problem is that people are buying exalts up and blowing them on yolo ex and master crafting like never before. The secret for crafting +3 weapons got released which only drives the price of exalts up harder. It's also a self feeding cycle, as the price of exalts goes up, people try to cash in all of their currency for exalts, as that is the only way to keep your currency from losing value, which of course drives the price of exalts up.

Not to mention, every league that goes by, people have to try harder and harder to corner the economy and be ultra rich. Most of the top racers aren't satisfied with just having 20 or 30 exalts and buying any unique they want, they rarely stop at anything less than hundreds upon hundreds of exalts. And, while more and more of them begin to hoard more and more exalts, it drives the price up and fucks the rest of us.

At least I don't have to feel bad neglecting the chaos recipe anymore, since chaos are entirely worthless now.

The problem is that people are buying exalts up and blowing them on yolo ex and master crafting like never before. The secret for crafting +3 weapons got released which only drives the price of exalts up harder. It's also a self feeding cycle, as the price of exalts goes up, people try to cash in all of their currency for exalts, as that is the only way to keep your currency from losing value, which of course drives the price of exalts up.

Not to mention, every league that goes by, people have to try harder and harder to corner the economy and be ultra rich. Most of the top racers aren't satisfied with just having 20 or 30 exalts and buying any unique they want, they rarely stop at anything less than hundreds upon hundreds of exalts. And, while more and more of them begin to hoard more and more exalts, it drives the price up and fucks the rest of us.

At least I don't have to feel bad neglecting the chaos recipe anymore, since chaos are entirely worthless now.
    Yeah it's pretty bad right now, I have no issues with trading as it stands, sure could it be better? Hell yes but I'm used to it how it is now. It's just really shitty with how prices skyrocketed, I have 26 ex atm but I don't think I'll be getting much more than that this league as I've grown bored and well the economy is going to shit.

I wonder if they'll do anything about it for the next leagues, I mean this is on par with Standard now.

Yeah, it's a shame I haven't done anything on warbands, breaking into the league at this point is going to be pulling teeth. Best chance at this point is to find a pure exalt on the ground and trade it in for 200c and buy 40c rares with it.

Guess we now know why the economy is as fucked as it is...

While I like the crafting concept which makes sense now that eternals are gone I hate GGG for not documenting it and telling the players letting this shit happen to the tune of one guy getting 72 mirrors out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The inflation is bad this time around, but its not just about that, its like people are constantly like "omg trading is to hard!" and its like....kind of the point
    I think it's more accurate to say people are like, "omg trading poorly implemented and highly volatile!"

While I like the crafting concept which makes sense now that eternals are gone I hate GGG for not documenting it and telling the players letting this shit happen to the tune of one guy getting 72 mirrors out of it.
    When I read about this on Reddit, I just stopped playing.

As I have said for years; an unrestricted economy is ultimately ruinous to a loot driven gameplay system which allows discrete crafting of said loot.

Free markets suck donkey wieners.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-08-20 at 11:36 AM.

As I have said for years; an unrestricted economy is ultimately ruinous to a loot driven gameplay system which allows discrete crafting of said loot.

Free markets suck donkey wieners.
    But that's not the problem, the problem is that it's undocumented letting the few abuse it. If everyone knew there is no way this guy could have made 72 mirrors from it. It's GGG's fault and not the free economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    But that's not the problem, the problem is that it's undocumented letting the few abuse it. If everyone knew there is no way this guy could have made 72 mirrors from it. It's GGG's fault and not the free economy.
    I disagree. People were just too stupid to try a scour on a well rolled item.

I didn't even think this was a 'secret', I thought it could be done to a degree but that few had the currency to do it reliably. One potentially would still have to invest some exalts into getting anything like that ridiculous SC bow a few days ago.

The disgust I am expressing is totally with a market that allows this level profiteering, ignorance and gross inequity of wealth to occur. We literally have a dozen or so players who control an economy wholly. Players who on stream can flip through multiple tabs of pure exalts. This is foolish and ruinous to Path of Exile and the majority of players.

There can be no profit without exploitation.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-08-20 at 12:19 PM.

I don't agree. People were just too stupid to try a scour on a well rolled item.
    No, they were told it didn't work that way and obviously decided to not waste 2 exalts on it (or 2 eternals before 2.0) which is sensible due to the scourings wording..."Removes all properties from an item"

I didn't even think this was a 'secret', I thought it could be done to a degree but that few had the currency to do it reliably. One potentially would still have to invest some exalts into getting anything like that ridiculous SC bow a few days ago.
    It was a secret in the sense that it's completely undocumented. As for currency to do it, if I had known I'm sure there's tons of items I could have done it with. Some I probably vendored and some I probably sold way to cheap due to their potential.

The disgust I am expressing is totally with a market that allows this level profiteering, ignorance and gross inequity of wealth to occur. We literally have a dozen or so players who control an economy wholly. Players who on stream can flip through multiple tabs of pure exalts. This is foolish and ruinous to Path of Exile and the majority of players.
    This mostly comes from some players knowing something others don't due to poor documentation...

There can be no profit without exploitation.
    And there can be very little exploitation if everyone has the knowledge of how these things work.

No, they were told it didn't work that way and obviously decided to not waste 2 exalts on it (or 2 eternals before 2.0) which is sensible due to the scourings wording..."Removes all properties from an item"
    Wait, wait. I recall almost a year ago Chris saying on Reddit that master meta mods could be used in a manner where the prefix and suffix were constant. There was a whole post on it because someone brought up the issue of Eternals and Chaos (not re-rolling the master mod).

I don't think it was non-intuitive either. The master mods were presented visually as being meta mods- light blue and they ignored some rules. If someone didn't try a scour that is a lack of creativity.

I disagree with the "secrecy" notion, but I think general stupidity allowed players to be under a false impression. The market then allowed profiteers to flourish- as it always does.

Wait, wait. I recall almost a year ago Chris saying on Reddit that master meta mods could be used in a manner where the prefix and suffix were constant. There was a whole post on it because someone brought up the issue of Eternals and Chaos (not re-rolling the master mod).

I don't think it was non-intuitive either. The master mods were presented visually as being meta mods- light blue and they ignored some rules. If someone didn't try a scour that is a lack of creativity.
    According to Flubby it was tested back then and the scour removed all mods, this was changed at some point without even a patch note...

And there can be very little exploitation if everyone has the knowledge of how these things work.
    Disagree, if it wasn't this it would be something else. The merchants usually corner some aspect of the market very early on (first 48 hours or so) of a league and dominate the economy from there until the end of the league, and it's impossible to usurp them. This is because, not only do they usually control a vast majority of the overall wealth even as early as the first couple of days, they usually specifically attack key aspects of the game other players need, so that people are forced to play by their rules.

An example of this is the ultra rich buying out every high map that gets put up for sale. You want to buy a high map yourself? You're going to have to pay whatever they ask, because they have them all. They commonly do this with a lot of things, from good uniques to great rares, the master crafting system was just the latest iteration. There's nothing new about what happened here, really. You can read the manifesto of the guy who won the bloodlines/torment 1 month and how he had over 1500 exalts the first week of the race.

As a relevant example of this in action, there were >20 whispering ices up for sale the first 3 days of tempest, and the price dropped to an exalt or less most of the day. Fast forward a week, they've all vanished and there are only 4 or 5 up for sale for 5-8 exalts. Coincidence?

The +3 gimmick actually bothers me the least. Nobody NEEDS those items, and they are very expensive to craft. It's entirely the fault of the people playing warbands that they gave these guys so much currency. The only real reason it became a problem is because there exists a supermassive exalted black hole because of this trick.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-08-20 at 01:25 PM.

Disagree, if it wasn't this it would be something else. The merchants usually corner some aspect of the market very early on (first 48 hours or so) of a league and dominate the economy from there until the end of the league, and it's impossible to usurp them. This is because, not only do they usually control a vast majority of the overall wealth even as early as the first couple of days, they usually specifically attack key aspects of the game other players need, so that people are forced to play by their rules.
    Yes and no, if everyone is aware they can try and compete or hold on to things with the knowledge that the value will go up due to some other parties exploitation.

An example of this is the ultra rich buying out every high map that gets put up for sale. You want to buy a high map yourself? You're going to have to pay whatever they ask, because they have them all. They commonly do this with a lot of things, from good uniques to great rares, the master crafting system was just the latest iteration. There's nothing new about what happened here, really. You can read the manifesto of the guy who won the bloodlines/torment 1 month and how he had over 1500 exalts the first week of the race.
    But you don't have to buy those maps nor uniques, if you put enough time in you can buy cheap once your self from other sources or find them your self. This type of exploitation only really works well if no one knows and you can corner the market easily.

As a relevant example of this in action, there were >20 whispering ices up for sale the first 3 days of tempest, and the price dropped to an exalt or less most of the day. Fast forward a week, they've all vanished and there are only 4 or 5 up for sale for 5-8 exalts. Coincidence?
    I'd say it's a combination of things, early on people try to get currency fast and sell things cheap, some surely speculated in the price going up and others got wind of it's existence thus driving the price up. To attribute it to only being because of flippers is more than likely a very faulty assumption.

If the item is truly worth only 1 exalt there just isn't enough profit margin to keep buying them all up to re list them at 5-8. Supply would pretty quickly overrun the demand.

The +3 gimmick actually bothers me the least. Nobody NEEDS those items, and they are very expensive to craft. It's entirely the fault of the people playing warbands that they gave these guys so much currency. The only real reason it became a problem is because there exists a supermassive exalted black hole because of this trick.
    The +3 is just the icing on the cake though, the insane bows and 2H weapons crafted this way is on a whole other level.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2015-08-20 at 01:39 PM.