On and off player of POE and I shall have some free time over the xmas period to try out the new patch.

Can someone please suggest me a build to try out. Looking to run SC of the new challenge leagues, prefer something with steady progression of power which can be independent in terms of build (not requiring lots of specific gear/bought gems)

Most of the time I have played tanky melee builds but if a caster build fits what I am after then share your suggestions.

I find the sheer scale and variety of builds overwhelming to search through myself, i get too hung up on looking for the very best one to suit my needs.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

I had a lot of fun, and an easy time playing a magic find Poison Arrow (now Caustic Arrow) build last league. Damage mostly relies on gem levels so not really gear dependant, just want resists and life on gear and try to pick up IIR/IIQ where possible. PoE site is down right now but I'll try to link it for you when it comes up.

Most of 'Liftingnerdbro' guides on the forum seem to be tailored for new players/workable with budget gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I had a lot of fun, and an easy time playing a magic find Poison Arrow (now Caustic Arrow) build last league. Damage mostly relies on gem levels so not really gear dependant, just want resists and life on gear and try to pick up IIR/IIQ where possible. PoE site is down right now but I'll try to link it for you when it comes up.

Most of 'Liftingnerdbro' guides on the forum seem to be tailored for new players/workable with budget gear.
    Cheers i'll take a look at those builds, also came across ziggyD's new arc build which looks as if it may fit my criteria very well.

Sigh. Fuck you, trading. For real this time.

Deleted

Welp

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post

Welp
    I still have an old version of the unarmed damage gloves, like 980 percent damage or something. Does this work with that?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    I still have an old version of the unarmed damage gloves, like 980 percent damage or something. Does this work with that?
    Yeah it should, it does cost you a flat physical damage roll on your neck which is a big source of damage for facebreaker builds, but the ability to use claw nodes and maximize pugilist is pretty sick. Also, unarmed crits.

Deleted
    New gems seems really awkward.

Contagion and Esscence Drain, doesn´t seem that powerfull compared to other AoE spells where you just can have one gem instead of 2 and pew pew

Blade Vortex require you to spam the button to have more stacks which seems horrible to keep up since you are doing other things too. Would work a lot better as an aura

I feel the talisman mechanics are kinda obscure. I honestly have no idea how this league works in practice- the idea of the league I am solid on. Got it. But actually playing Talisman league? Not sure what the heck is going on exactly or what I should be doing.

I think it's too oblique.

- - - Updated - - -

Blade Vortex require you to spam the button to have more stacks which seems horrible to keep up since you are doing other things too. Would work a lot better as an aura
    I played around with this skill a bit last night. The skill is all about extending it's duration- that is the attrition mechanic to Blade Vortex. If it were an aura, it's just be a walking damage field. Having it as an active skill causes the skill to push a few directions: extending duration, casting quick enough to reach max stacks, increasing range, increasing damage. That's interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I played around with this skill a bit last night. The skill is all about extending it's duration- that is the attrition mechanic to Blade Vortex. If it were an aura, it's just be a walking damage field. Having it as an active skill causes the skill to push a few directions: extending duration, casting quick enough to reach max stacks, increasing range, increasing damage. That's interesting.
    I just feel like the gem arent good enough to be your primary damage output and even if you just use it for damage from time to time, you still have to keep it up while doing other things. 50 stacks is nice but takes too much effort to be good enough tbh.
    Gems like Molten Shield and Reave for instance works great because Molten Shield is something you pop going into every mob and then it explode dealing good damage while reave have good enough damage to actually be your main attack and spaming while getting stacks
    With Blade Vortex there´s no point in spamming it because the damage is too low and only having 1 stack isn´t that impressive so you are left with a skill that only gives you problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    I just feel like the gem arent good enough to be your primary damage output and even if you just use it for damage from time to time, you still have to keep it up while doing other things. 50 stacks is nice but takes too much effort to be good enough tbh.
    Gems like Molten Shield and Reave for instance works great because Molten Shield is something you pop going into every mob and then it explode dealing good damage while reave have good enough damage to actually be your main attack and spaming while getting stacks
    With Blade Vortex there´s no point in spamming it because the damage is too low and only having 1 stack isn´t that impressive so you are left with a skill that only gives you problems
    That can be fixed with balancing. I was talking more about the actual mechanics- which are kinda interesting. That in no way is me saying the skill is viable, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Contagion and Esscence Drain, doesn´t seem that powerfull compared to other AoE spells where you just can have one gem instead of 2 and pew pew
    Yeah I'm not impressed after 74 levels, especially not in parties.

Some one stole my name for the disease spreading char too...CharlieSheen. :P

Speaking of Blade Vortex: Pledge of Blades EB Witch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1508267

Looks interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to think of some way I can use Call of the Brotherhood with Spark for some kind of 'flood the room/freeze everything' build using More multipliers. Three Dragons will be used, of course.

Can't quite make the tree work. I know it will be crit based and might use EB. Struggling for some life and cast speed though.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-12-14 at 01:26 AM.

Lost my summoner to merc domi in the most remarkable way. He teleports next to me, summons totems in a perfect line to wall me off so I can't move at all, then immediately falcon slams me back to softcore. Talk about stars aligning, wish I had socket space for flame dash #summonerproblems

My lioneye's duelist is going well, though, blast rain seems pretty damn good so far. I also vaal'd a +1 arrows blackgleam for fun.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-12-14 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still lacking a decent Trade?
    Cya.
    Will check again next patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Yeah I'm not impressed after 74 levels, especially not in parties.

Some one stole my name for the disease spreading char too...CharlieSheen. :P
    Lol that made my day xD

Other than messing up 2 characters resets, i made my first cast on crit cyclone character, with bladefall and blade vortex, seems prety good even though the gems are underleveld and non quality atm...even more supprisingly it dosen't seem to be making any impact on the FPS

Deleted

rip

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post

rip
    The patch note make much more sense now...and to think there are some people moaning about the nerf being unjustified and demanding some sort of compenstaion(buffs to other things)

Blame Ghudda....pulling this off required insanely expensive gear but he had to show GGG anyway because that's his thing. We already knew this was possible before or close enough...though it wasn't this direct. I find it a shame they nerf all quality curse users because of a fringe case, especially when you can still get like 90% slow which is enough to make a mob like Voll take 25 seconds to cast his slam.