Page 7 of 768 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Passive skill tree looks very similar to the sphere grid from FFX. Which I really enjoyed.

BRB buying beta key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Passive skill tree looks very similar to the sphere grid from FFX. Which I really enjoyed.

BRB buying beta key.
    Pretty much...the active spells are similar to FFVII's materia system as well.
    Just killed the act 2 boss in merciless(took 20+ portal scrolls) bow rangers are way to week...even with a build that primarily focuses on defense, tried my first map and got raped by the blue mobs...think i'll concentrate on my warrior now..he seems a lot more sturdy.

Build of the week video no 9

With a build so overpowered they are going to Nerf it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Build of the week video no 9

With a build so overpowered they are going to Nerf it.

Sure he is dealing alot of damage, but then again he has no AoE at all.

I wouldn't say this build is overpowered, there are many builds that would be more effective, but still this is a interesting idea. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Xaruthar View Post
    Sure he is dealing alot of damage, but then again he has no AoE at all.

I wouldn't say this build is overpowered, there are many builds that would be more effective, but still this is a interesting idea. =p
    Well that's the thing...even though he isn't doing aoe he hits so hard and fast that its not needed as you see near the end of the video, they also said that infernal blow will be added to the unarmed skill list and that is aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well that's the thing...even though he isn't doing aoe he hits so hard and fast that its not needed as you see near the end of the video, they also said that infernal blow will be added to the unarmed skill list and that is aoe.
    Well, having played endgame for a long time, I would dare say that you can easily make a build that does more dmg and has natural AoE.

Played it for whole weekend once. Looks like a solid Diablo clone, but damn... Those characters are SO ugly... When I pick a witch I want to see a sexy witch, not some kind of realistic medieval witch in rugs. But it's a good fun if you're into diablo-like games. Reminded me of my once favorite Titan Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    Played it for whole weekend once. Looks like a solid Diablo clone, but damn... Those characters are SO ugly... When I pick a witch I want to see a sexy witch, not some kind of realistic medieval witch in rugs. But it's a good fun if you're into diablo-like games. Reminded me of my once favorite Titan Quest.
    Being f2p means cosmetics so its not doomed to be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    It's a gritty, dirty game. Don't expect to see "pretty" characters in it. The female characters in D2 weren't really "pretty" (partially because of graphical limitations, dat stellar 800x600 resolution!) either. I'm a bit in the same boat as I like pretty things, but at the same time I'm totally alright with it because they fit with the rest of the game. If you had pretty female characters in the game world they would just seem way too out of place.

Sad about the gender locking, but I heard you can swap genders for a small fee. I'm totally alright with that given how good the game is shaping up to be and how much work they've been doing on it. They deserve the damn money.

Wee discussion going on in the forums about orbs of fusing and the RNG involved in getting 6linked sockets Link

Personally i hate RNG when it comes to stuff like this...for me it kills the game because it then becomes a monotonous drag...not even hard or challenging.
    What seems to come up with the RNG arguments is removing RNG makes it easy to gain. RNG has nothing to do with difficulty just pure dumb luck or lack of it.
    RNG kills games for people(those that spend years trying to farm mounts in wow), enchanting in Aion and even Tera particularly when there is limited ways to gain the desired effect...i don't mind spending months to get something i'd just rather have it guaranteed

A big patch just released > patch notes <
    New ice skill gems, new keystones in the passive tree and a slight reworking of the tree.

A public stress test for this coming weekend...details > here <

And another build of the week video

Yep, new patch. I might try that build.

"Zombies and Spectres now move between areas with you. They don't appear in town, but will reappear when you enter another area. They are lost if you log off or are disconnected. If you get a minion from a higher level area, it will scale down to the level of any area that you enter. Minions are never scaled up beyond the level they initially came from."

Nice! I've been waiting for this. Will make running a minion master less frustrating at the start of each level. New skills look good too.

Deleted
    In my opinion this is excellent game for guys who like Diablo II and not Diablo III. This game don't give much candy though. Instead of it it gives excellent gameplay. I'm pretty happy for this game... even though I haven't played it amazing hour numbers yet.

Build of the week No.14

And Patch 0.9.13 which adds PvP amongst other things...patch notes here

Is there a date set for open beta or release yet? this closed beta's been going on for like half a year now @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Is there a date set for open beta or release yet? this closed beta's been going on for like half a year now @_@
    Think they said it would be december for the open beta, and the closed has been going more than a year...as far as i remember this patch is the last big one before open beta

Deleted
    Yeah, the open beta will come around in dec, along with act 3. I wont be putting any more time onto this game until it officially launches. The wait is just killing me :/

Need to keep in mind Path of Exile is made by a small, indie developer. GGG are actually beta testing this thing and changes are not going to be overnight. They just don't have that budget or staff.

That said, GGG have added a lot to the game over the last couple of months. Really impressed with the progress made. PVP arenas, voice acting, endgame system, etc.

In it's current beta state I don't think there is a single ARPG made that is deeper, more complex or thoughtfully designed. Personal opinion, of course. Though this is the best I have ever played in the genre.

On another note: Incgamers are doing a week of coverage on Path of Exile. Some really good insightful interviews & information. Link: here.

Some tidbits:

- Final act looks like a city of the damned. Named, Sarn. We'll fight/travel through the ruins of the city.
    - Open beta will essentially be release.
    - Open beta will also bring the second round of cosmetic items.
    - GGG are aiming to add 1 new act a year as an "expansion", free of charge.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-02 at 04:56 AM.

Are these guys doing a progress wipe and then official release or are you keeping your progress/status and just rolling from beta to release without deleting your stuff.. ala Firefall.

Thanks