Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    at this point we are going to need this http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ in the login screen.
    Go to the site, if the tech or general look like this then there's a good possibility that it's effecting a lot of players...more often than not though it's not that wide spread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Go to the site, if the tech or general look like this then there's a good possibility that it's effecting a lot of players...more often than not though it's not that wide spread.
    Or reddit, they always have a thread up as soon as server crashes. GGG often posts there with update info on what's happening too. (example here)
    Oh, hi.

Can't believe GGG used The Garbage: Unleashed as a news post. They have done a lot of cop out news posts lately because they've been busy but this is especially coppy outty and terrible...pointing out one of the worst uniques they've ever made for everyone to see is just embarrassing for them. Pretty disappointing. Even Charan who rabidly defends his first two garbage uniques didn't like the way this one turned out.

At least the first two has some niche purpose, Unleashed just doesn't...more than a currency sink or skin transfer I suppose. Charan always talked about how they were supposed to be leveling items corresponding to the difficulties. What player who enters Merciless has 2x divines, a 6L exquisite blade that requires level 70 to even drop and the gems / gcps to make the damn thing? Not to mention a build that's capable to counter the (de)buff you gain on kill.

My issue with it is what Redblade points out, the cost of the recipe for a character entering Merciless. Why is this important? Because the blade has spoken dialog for a number of quests, making it to where you want this at the beginning of a difficulty. For Unleashed, it's almost like you need to level another character to go farming through Merciless just so you can get the items req'd for the recipe, either through drops or trade.

The build req's don't bother me too much, since the player should already be building towards this.

As it happens the goddess unleashed is classed as a very powerful weapon by the devs, capable of quickly clearing t15 maps, so at the price it costs it would seem that it is reasonable.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...qlcc?context=3

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    At least the first two has some niche purpose, Unleashed just doesn't...more than a currency sink or skin transfer I suppose. Charan always talked about how they were supposed to be leveling items corresponding to the difficulties. What player who enters Merciless has 2x divines, a 6L exquisite blade that requires level 70 to even drop and the gems / gcps to make the damn thing? Not to mention a build that's capable to counter the (de)buff you gain on kill.
    I'd rather have some shitty uniques then everything being sky forth level

As it happens the goddess unleashed is classed as a very powerful weapon by the devs, capable of quickly clearing t15 maps, so at the price it costs it would seem that it is reasonable.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...qlcc?context=3
    Yeah until I see videos of that I'll remain skeptical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I'd rather have some shitty uniques then everything being sky forth level
    Who said anything about Skyforth level?

Mathil does a good job explaining what's wrong with it and I'd say he's considered one of the more prominent build makers that's good at thinking outside the box.

I don't see any way to do no regen maps, or reflect, but maybe someone better than me (not a hard feat) will think of something.

I don't mind a "leveling unique" that isn't easy to obtain as a first character. Consider items like Whispering Ice or even Rasa that you are really unlikely to ever have your first play through but can make your alternative characters a breeze. The problem with Unleashed is that you could just buy a Terminus Est for 1 chaos instead...

I think with extreme investment you could get it to decent DPS levels. The problem is that this won't leave much room for defense. How do you counter the degen while also investing into enough DPS to make a decent build in the end.

I do agree with Mathil on one huge point - "20% attack speed is fuck all." Well said, I keep seeing GGG release uniques, gems, passives, whatever that give extremely small amounts of cast/attack/movement speed like they're afraid the smallest numbers will be game breaking. Onslaught is a terrible, terrible buff, plenty of builds use it because "why not" but you really don't notice the difference between having it up and not. I have onslaught on kill on my current blood reaper cyclone duelist and I definitely barely notice a difference when it's up. This makes items like Kongor's just garbage, while it would be one of the best two handers in the game, onslaught just comes nowhere near the drawback of no crits and having to flat out waste tons of passive nodes and investment into crit to get the buff in the first place.

IMO, they need to add shock and stun immunity to the defensive bonuses of her blessing to make up for the extreme downside of not having a shield AND not being able to gain the benefits of dual wield which is really the only way one handers have been made viable for like three leagues running. They probably need to make you auto blind everything in an AOE while you have the buff much like Singularity. Even then it would probably be terrible, but at least the sword would give you a lot of defensive benefit while you suffered the ridiculous degen and it could carve out a niche as a CI attack weapon with Assassin to boost its crit back up to where it should have been all along considering the second form's crit. As it is I can somewhat see a viable CI build using this sword, but the lack of a shield immediately kills any enthusiasm I have for such an idea without getting stun immunity out of it at the very least. It's almost like they forgot what a massive downside that already was when designing the weapon.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-04-15 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Yeah until I see videos of that I'll remain skeptical.
    The video they linked in the news post had a t9 map run done in just under 4 minutes, that was one of the devs...it has just got into the hands of the community which are surprisingly good at making builds that break the game, i wouldn't be surprised if the sword was the flavour of the temp league once they figured it out

The video they linked in the news post had a t9 map run done in just under 4 minutes, that was one of the devs...it has just got into the hands of the community which are surprisingly good at making builds that break the game, i wouldn't be surprised if the sword was the flavour of the temp league once they figured it out
    And he almost dies several times so I'll assume it's a full glass cannon build. That build in a well rolled T15 would have failed horrible judging by the performance in that Gorge. And 4min Gorge isn't that spectacular tbh.

And flavor of the month...there is nothing to figure out so highly doubt it.

Edit: Charan made a Reddit post, basically saying that the recipe will change and should be possible to complete at the end of cruel without trading.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-04-15 at 11:42 PM.

I think all the special modifiers ('lightning damage converted to chaos'/'counts as dual wielding'/etc) unique items grant should have just been item slot specific enchants that overwrite the implicit mod of an item. Rare would be the highest quality tier of items- making all gear relevant and the special modifiers bonuses or build enablers through the game.

Unique items are mostly lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll never be anywhere close to the top lab speed when seeing things like that o.o (even with much faster load times)

Oh, hi.

It's really not that hard when you make a build for it and learn the layouts, think my avg time when I farmed it was around 5 minutes. The rewards for speed running isn't worth it in my opinion though, rather just keep mapping and buy one of the jewels if I ever need it.

The map is essentially the same every time in a given day...so just study the layout and you'll know in general where to go for every successive run. The rest is getting a movement skill and a ton of attack speed or just getting a ridiculous amount of movespeed to begin with.

One level to go...man the XP really grinds to a crawl at 98.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I'll never be anywhere close to the top lab speed when seeing things like that o.o (even with much faster load times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63uuw9dg3cQ
    need more movement speed

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    need more movement speed

Seeing this makes me happy that I quit a few weeks ago after I completed my Earthquake hero. I dislike such tricks players use for labs, it ruins all the atmosphere and gameplay, no fun at all. Overall this game is full of such stupid ideas.

What's a trick? Skipping gold doors is almost certainly a bug. Getting high movement speed is just a game mechanic used in order to win the race.