I'm buying that turtle hideout.

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but does anyone know what that part about soul eaters mean in the patch notes. Like, did they mention this somewhere since I have not watched every interview or other stuff where it could have come up. If not, I guess I will find out once the league starts. I hate soul eater mobs.

Anyway, why I think I'm wrong is because it is in the player balance where it reads:

The Soul Eater buff has been reworked. There is now a maximum number of 45 souls that can be consumed, with each soul providing 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed. For monsters, this buff also provides 2% less Damage Taken per soul consumed. 1 soul is lost every 0.5 seconds if you have not gained any souls recently.
    Meaning I think its just for players (headhunter stealing it), but it also mentions monster changes which brings the confusion. Soul eater buff? As in something players pick up as a buff or does it mean in general buff the rare monsters can have too?

The interesting part is the decay section. Even if a rare mob gets full stacks and attack so quickly its animation becomes weird, if this means enemies too, it would mean they lose power once other mobs around them are dead. It wont help in places like delve where mobs continuously come at you, but it would help in other places.

I'm thinking I'm just too hopeful to see nerfs to soul eaters which I think is a bullshit modifier and I dont like it.

Hey it's QoL league.

CTRL+F "No mention of melee totems"

im still going splitting steel to start but ffs GGG
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    These leagues are always so complicated... the amount of times "however" is said when explaining all the mechanics, it's got to be some sort of record.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but does anyone know what that part about soul eaters mean in the patch notes. Like, did they mention this somewhere since I have not watched every interview or other stuff where it could have come up. If not, I guess I will find out once the league starts. I hate soul eater mobs.
    The change to soul eater is for everything that uses it... mobs, headhunter stealing it and there's some other unique that gives it to players too. For players w/ soul eater, they now only get 0% - 225% attack/cast speed (based on soul count). For monsters they can get the up to 225% attack/cast speed in addition to up to 90% damage resistance. 90% damage resistance would be too OP on players, but imo it's a stupid buff for monsters too.

Normally monsters shouldn't really be hitting 45 stacks so capping it at that amount seems a bit pointless, and really they should be dying before the stacks have too much time to decay... but I guess some previously bricked mobs will slowly unbrick themselves maybe.

I hate soul eater too, but I feel like it's a bit of a meh change to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Will wait for new gems to all be revealed, eager to play something new this league.
    I league started ice shot last league which didn't even get a transfigured gem when everything else did. This league it finally got a transfigured gem, and honestly I'd rather just use the base version.
    Last edited by Trifle; 2024-03-23 at 12:34 PM.

I hope the wand changes are worthwhile. Wanding is my favorite playstyle but frankly, it's been pretty weak for years now.

Like what I am seeing here with all the layered mechanics.

This is good game design.

The QoL is off the charts?

Also, frogs seem like they may be the way to downscale fucked up map difficulty which is both welcome and hilariously rad. <3 frogs and I miss the old frog prophecies.

I've been feeling pressured to start something strong since this isn't a league you can opt-out of but have been dreading doing a Bonezone Slayer, mostly because I've done Bonezone Jugg a few times and while I haven't tried the Slayer variant I am looking to play somethign new.

Might be Explosive Trap Trickster, which is apparently a strong starter even if it doesn't have super great clear (which is a fixable problem). Been wanting to play Trickster again for a while as I haven't touched it since the rework, and never played Explosive Trap before. Should be pretty doable on SSF even if I'm too lazy to farm a Lightning Coil or something.

I honestly can not tell when GGG is trolling the players. Are the frogs real?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497686

New/updated gems are out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2102259270

Long interview with Ziz and Mark (new game director), I'm only a bit into it so far but I continue to like Mark. Also I guess I'll understand all the Dune memes with Mark being Lisan al Gaib even if it seems pretty on the nose. I appreciate more awareness of Dune and it creeping into other fandoms. A lot of the new scarabs seem nutty, and I really like that they're changing them so that mechanics have multiple ways of triggering/interacting with them through the scarabs now as well. Feel like the old days of being lazy and just taking Stream of Consciousness in the atlas passive tree are dead unless you remain lazy (I likely will), and I appreciate that it seems like we'll still be able to do some juicy, fucked up shit on lower tier maps without sextants and shit.

Anyways, still leaning towards Explosive Trap Trickster for league start. Not sure what I might want to play second, but Elemental Hit of the Spectrum wander with the new wisps seems potentially juicy. Could go Inquisitor and heavy crit but would need to get a bit of chain and a few extra projectiles in there, or a few different flavors of Ranger to get all that stuff down there. Big local flat elemental rolls on the wand with some crit/attack speed, and it's got built in AoE to help clear. Maybe just have a Barrage gem for single target or something. Hell, could be boring and go Champ and basically treat it a lot like a Lighting Strike/Arrow or Tornado Shot build and take advantage of its built-in defenses and access to bottom right of the tree.

I'm optimistic for this league. Me and my turtle are gonna go mapping through the cosmos.

Since Sniper's Mark got nerfed, guess I'll be boring and go DD Witch since she has new voicelines in Part 2.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The new tornado variant caught my eye as something that might be fun as a main skill depending on how it works but man do I not want to use those prismatic jewels to lock in one element.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Explosive Trap is still strong.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Dark_Seer

Dark Seer updated, now apparently only drops from T17 maps but looking pretty dope actually. +2 to all, blind (huge defensive layer if you have some evasion, seriously blind is so fucking huge for attacks), and Malediction. Scaling ES/Life/Mana based on level can be nice as well.

I'm very optimistic for future leagues after finishing listening to the interview with Mark. It honestly sounds like things will continue to be a bit different with him and Jonathan directing their live games. That loser absolutely nolifes this game, or at least working on this game at this point. Great dude.

Edit: Rehabbing a few SSF characters I haven't logged into for a bit, thankfully none are "bricked" but just need some work. I'm still sad over the change to Kaom's gloves that killed them for rage generation but replacing them on my Bonezone Jugg has actually been pretty legit. I now know why it was capping me at 60 rage in the time it took Berserk to come off cooldown, because my freaking regen (thanks to Untiring) goes from a base like 500hp/s (bit over 10% of my life) to well over 2K hp/s, on top of my 1400 leech. I'm thinking I can maybe ditch my leach nodes now and use those 5 points to get some bonus damage elsewhere.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2024-03-28 at 09:35 PM.

I knew any mechanic after Affliction would be lackluster but this one seems especially lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I knew any mechanic after Affliction would be lackluster but this one seems especially lackluster.
    No opting out of the mechanic is brutal.

1200% more life mods on mobs that decreases as you kill them is definitely not super rewarding.

Placing 20 crafts just to get a dogshit useless base and meh rolls doesn't feel good at all.

This league is, unsurprisingly, gonna need some serious QoL. It's Harvest, but significantly weaker and with much of the same tedium. I enjoy the current meta is, "Wait for big brains to figure out how to not craft useless shit." or something.

Also, don't plant unique corpses. You need a whole family to get the unique and the game gives you no indication of this, and once you've planted the corpse you can't "unbury" it, only delete it.

I wonder if the sub will still love Mark after this weekend : 3

(I'm having an OK time, but hope they polish up the league mechanic because it's pretty oof)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No opting out of the mechanic is brutal.

1200% more life mods on mobs that decreases as you kill them is definitely not super rewarding.

Placing 20 crafts just to get a dogshit useless base and meh rolls doesn't feel good at all.

This league is, unsurprisingly, gonna need some serious QoL. It's Harvest, but significantly weaker and with much of the same tedium. I enjoy the current meta is, "Wait for big brains to figure out how to not craft useless shit." or something.

Also, don't plant unique corpses. You need a whole family to get the unique and the game gives you no indication of this, and once you've planted the corpse you can't "unbury" it, only delete it.

I wonder if the sub will still love Mark after this weekend : 3

(I'm having an OK time, but hope they polish up the league mechanic because it's pretty oof)
    even the big brains are getting butt blasted

https://clips.twitch.tv/FilthyRacySa...S_0e6P3ETIplsy

that's like 8 corpses, yo. with that kinda investment you may as well just pick up some transmutation shards in a map.

I'm half joking because it does seem like GGG wants us to invest like 30+ corpses on big crafts, but at the same time I've done similar types of crafts and it does suck shit.

I guess it's looking like Expedition league again, and like I'm starting with Harvest as well. Hopefully they can make the whole UX process a bit better with this in the next few weeks.

Edit: Now that I'm doing some maps proper...feels like AN is back, but sometimes it affects entire packs, and also random rares are still 5-10x harder than map bosses lol.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2024-03-31 at 04:13 PM.

Lets see.
    Increased chance of fire, Check. got a tier 9 fire damage for attacks
    Increased chance of elemental, Check, 2 elemental mods
    -100% lightning chance, Fail, added % lightning damage anyway
    -50% caster chance, Fail, how about some cast speed
    -100% defence chance, Fail added energy shield
    +150% life tier, well there is your problem. You wished for a higher tier, not to have the mod in the first place...

Sounds like PoE crafting already.
    After having tasted Last Epoch's crafting PoE can F right off.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

:I

Did GGG make Ralakesh's Impatience more common or something? I was just getting character through campaing, just outside of the bridge before lunaris and solaris and a nameless seer pops up. I look what he offers and almost pick the burtus' lead sprinkeler for a possible strength stacking. Im about to click it and then I look. "What the hell is that item?" and I hover over these boots and find out they are ralakesh's impatience. I thought those were like super rare, not top tier rare, but rare enough that I should not expect to get one in ssf. Now I just picked them up during campaign.