Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ret and Symbiosis

Currently we gain Wrath from the druid and they get Divine Shield, while I understand that Symbiosis is mostly for the druid; we really get the short end of that stick. Before it was tiger's fury, now that's a bit overpowered (I mean 3 free HP on a short CD?) but I feel that most other classes get something they'd end up using in some situation while ret... I'd be surprised if we even get symbiosis now. It doesnt even scale with our strength and attack power, even with wings up it was hitting for 9-10k.

I may be alone in caring but I definitely feel like they should rework it for us.

Don't really care, rather not be that much dependent on such a skill. While the tiger's fury buff was nice it would make such a huge difference between having it and not having it.

its supposed to be utlity spell no idea why you get wrath anyway

ret should get tranq or some raid cd
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Tell blizz you think the scaling is wrong, but I think the only situation you could use it in would be if there was no way for you to melee your target

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Don't really care, rather not be that much dependent on such a skill. While the tiger's fury buff was nice it would make such a huge difference between having it and not having it.
    I think this is why you are not getting tiger's fury anymore, because it made such a big difference that you would almost have to have this combo in order to get that extra dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    its supposed to be utlity spell no idea why you get wrath anyway

ret should get tranq or some raid cd
    I was thinking Faire fire.

But I hope that it's just a placeholder; It wouldnt even make sense to give us wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath that scales off of SP? Sounds like DKs and Dark Simulacrum copying and shooting back 3,000 damage fireballs, hahaha. Yeah, Ret isn't exactly a spellcaster, don't know why you're getting a spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Wrath that scales off of SP? Sounds like DKs and Dark Simulacrum copying and shooting back 3,000 damage fireballs, hahaha. Yeah, Ret isn't exactly a spellcaster, don't know why you're getting a spell.
    The difference between a Ret Paladin and a DK is that we'll actually have spell power to back it up, though. With the Sword of Light spec passive, our SP is equal to 50% of our AP.

I'm not a huge fan of Ret getting a cast-time spell out of this, but it would give us something to use when we can't stay in melee for a target.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Assuming we'll ever get it, pretty much any other class is a more viable option for symbiosis than Ret now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As others said maybe its for when the target is not in melee range... However I think it is useless of us getting a casting spell that doesn't scale with us. I'm sure it's a placeholder until they figure it out, voice your opinion on the officals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Assuming we'll ever get it, pretty much any other class is a more viable option for symbiosis than Ret now.
    Yep, I had my symbiosis buddy already lined up when I found out it was tiger's fury... now I told them to give it to a shaman.

I doubt that we'll keep it though, I mean; I really hope they dont do this to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Yep, I had my symbiosis buddy already lined up when I found out it was tiger's fury... now I told them to give it to a shaman.

I doubt that we'll keep it though, I mean; I really hope they dont do this to us.
    I hope they don't and I hope they do, it's a cool ability but they can't make it too good or it will affect our dps too much, maybe some nice utility spell would be cool to have like feral's sprint or charge but tigers fury was way too powerful, wrath on the other hand is a pretty damn horrible choice.

Deleted
    Wrath has to be a placeholder because it makes no sense for Retribution to get it.

Would make more sense for you to get a weak Tranquility or a weak Barkskin.

druid swap with war. ANother shattering blow for raid. Profit.

It's instant now btw, i think.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-07-02 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    druid swap with war. ANother shattering blow for raid. Profit.

It's instant now btw, i think.
    As of last night it has a cast time.

Ohwell Feral druid swapping with prot war is still the best FIRST combo.

Tank gets cooldown, Feral gets SB which shattering is a hell of alot more dps then someone getting enrage or something.

Our ability is pretty definetly the worst though. Be amazing if we could get idk CHARGE?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-07-02 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's horrible no doubt. But i dont think that's such a bad think. At least i wont have to beg druids.

Though i still think they should change it. Why not Solar beam? It's a beam of light for heavens sake.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    It's horrible no doubt. But i dont think that's such a bad think. At least i wont have to beg druids.

Though i still think they should change it. Why not Solar beam? It's a beam of light for heavens sake.
    nature light not holy :P

was thinking somthing like instant cyclone on long cd or hibernate
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

allmost every dps spec is at the same boat with you guys so i dont get why you need something special, though i do agree that certain combos like druid + tanks in raids are just way overboard when compared to others, but i dont really mind as long as symbiosis doesnt increase dps like mad for 1 guy in the raid while leaving others behind

Deleted
    guess it can be nice when you are rooted or when you don't have enough ranged dps in the group. You could also use it to bait interrupts, since none of your spells are nature school.