Good hunter 2s partner

I've been gone from wow for a number of months, and my friend even longer. We are leveling new toons and he's leveling a hunter. I was wondering what were some viable 2s partners this patch, and possibly in MoP with a hunter.

Healer
    Anything that can keep melee of a hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Healer
    Anything that can keep melee of a hunter
    I'd advise against Healer/Hunter if you're returning at this moment in time. Hunters just don't do enough damage alone, even with CC (the class being unable to solo healers is a start, just ask any experienced healer and they'll tell you hunters are np in 1v1). There is one of the reasons why most Hunters go with a DPS, since a freecasting hunter doesn't do enough pressure, compared to the likes of a frost mage for example (you'll see more of them with disc priests too).

I would recommend a Rogue (great peels, openers, CC), a Ret (burst damage, offhealing, CC) or even a Feral if you can find a really good one.

Go for a high burst melee. God forbid my Mage ever meets a Hunter, I can't win.

I'd say Rogue or Feral is best.

Deleted
    Rogues and ferals are good, and even rets, but for mop disc priest might be a really good choice as well, or why not even resto shaman. Currently hunters aren't doing very well with healers but they have usually been doing good with disc priests and with resto shamans as well to some extent, so those could be therefore quite good picks for mop.

Ret, Rogue or Feral right now. That can always change. Of those 3 I like Ret the best but they're all good. Its just that freedom and instant heals are very good imo.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Rogue.

In 1 Smokebomb you can lay out your Aimshot/Chimera burst (or go BW and unload those Kill Commands/Arcane shots) while the Rogue Shadow-dances your kill target. If the other teams dps/healer tries to get within range of your kill target, you can just scatter-trap or your buddy can blind.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    feral or rogue defo

An enhance shaman possibly? At least in the current version, an Enhance will be able to keep you mobile (Earthern Power) and will be able to continually snare any pesky melee (Earth bind, Frozen power) while being able to put out a nice enough amount of healing and sustained damage.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    An enhance shaman possibly? At least in the current version, an Enhance will be able to keep you mobile (Earthern Power) and will be able to continually snare any pesky melee (Earth bind, Frozen power) while being able to put out a nice enough amount of healing and sustained damage.
    hex/trap share DR.

Feral druid.
    No cc's stacking which means you can keep a healer out from action quite a long time if you time it right.