disc levelling spec

could someone tell me a good spec for levelling with a disc priest please? for currently level 29 and then onwards please

Deleted
    If you just pick up atonement and archangel, you can't go wrong, both for group and solo

Deleted
    I don't know much about Disc Priests, but this build should work for dungeons (maybe until lvl 80).
    It also has some tools for questing like:
    Atonement = heal yourself while hitting your enemy
    Reflective Shield = Let the mob hit himself

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMsMRcMforofzZh

Yea really cant go wrong with any disc spec

alright then cheers, what bout glyphs then? i got the shield one atm that heals abit every time u use shield, was thinking to change that for the one that gives you hit % on your holy fires and smites.. or is there another i should use

Deleted
    Added the glyphs, they should add both dmg and extra healing.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMsMRcMforofzZh:mq0da

Deleted
    Seriously? Renew over Devine Fury? You kidding right?
    Glyph of flash heal? Pft...

Offcourse the whole question is how are you leveling? Questing killing mobs and shit, in which case yeah you want to go more or less this way.
    Problem is Disc is a healing spec primarily and well isnt "perfectly" suited to killing stuff.

If you are healing your way to level 40 or what ever level you can dual spec now a days, take a proper healing disc spec. Preferably non-AA, because AA is very tough on new healers.
    Then take a proper shadow spec as your second spec and quest in that.

You really don't need much. Pull with Holy Fire, then Smite spam. When you get stronger, you can kill just about anything with Penance in one cast. I'd recommend stacking spirit/intel. Stamina becomes moot, almost.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGo0R...hbZh:kmqdabVzM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Seriously? Renew over Devine Fury? You kidding right?
    Glyph of flash heal? Pft...
    If you would have read my other post you would have seen that I don't know much about Priests and that I'm just trying to help him.

Deleted
    Shield glyph is awesome, tops tank off and applies shield, win .. Aside from that, take penance glyph, and then anything that buffs Atonement (major glyphs). In terms of questing, a penance/holy fire/smite-rotation is more than sufficient for questing, atleast until you hit cata-content, where you would probably want to dualspec shadow

In terms of AA being hard for new healers, it might be a bit confusing until you get used to it, but atleast until wrath-content, you can keep almost any tank up while dps-ing, which to me was great fun .. There's the possibility that you just want to do pure healing and not concern yourself with dpsing, in which case you should ignore me

Edit: Oh lawd, just noticed that I'm like a week behind on this, but I'll just leave it here in case you're still looking for advice
    Last edited by mmoc4cb6cb7efb; 2012-07-09 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 30 dual spec shadow for questing and disc for dungeons = profit
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    This is what I'm using for the Disc I am currently leveling (just reached level 80):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!Yg!!gTQkPlnLK

I tried to move down the Disc tree as fast as possible (to get to Divine Aegis and Grace asasp), backfilling towards the end to qualify for the final two tiers of talents.

I leveled through a mix of solo questing and healing dungeons, although with the benefit for full heirlooms which probably makes the content rather trivial. I find questing mobs died after two or three spell casts. Your shield and mana pool means there is absolutely no downtime. The only lesson for me was not to solo as I am used to doing as a tank, rounding up 6-12 mobs for AOE. You don't have AOE for most levels and while your shield can keep off one mob with impunity, it will soon vanish if too many pound on it at the same time.

In terms of Glyphs, Divine Accuracy is the must have one for leveling - for soloing and for atonement healing. More generally, at 25, I'd also take penance and fade. At 50, I'd add Power Word Shield and Smite.

I haven't tried dual spec - I generally prefer to learn one spec well and find soloing can ingrain familiarity with your tools in a way that helps in the more stressful party environment. Disc seems fine for both leveling quests and dungeons.

I would recommend Atonement healing if you've never healed before, like me. I found it a nice way to ease into the transition to a healing role. Before Outland, you can mainly shield and smite heal through dungeons. Mobs generally don't hurt even non-tanks much and your party tends to tear through them. Your damage done is often on a par with the dps, if you are in heirlooms. It feels like you are a dps who heals. When you hit Outlands, things change. The dps seemed to leap ahead in terms of output and while tanks continue to rampage through packs, it starts to become a full time job looking after them. Penance and prayer of healing start to take up a larger and larger role, so that by the end you feel like a real dedicated healer. At level 80, I see I could lose atonement from my arsenal and not miss it unduly.

As someone who has tanked for 99% of my time on WoW, I was very dubious about whether I'd like healing (my only other experience was as a healadin offspec in the wotlk big heal/small heal days) but Disc has converted me. I can see it is an exciting and potentially challenging role; I'm wondering about trying it again on my pally main (ret still bores me to tears).